• 38: Noah Balta

• 42: Ryan Garthwaite

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 48: Liam Baker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You do realise that even when we win we get smacked in the hitouts?

Sandi had a world record amount of hitouts to advantage and we smacked them by 104 points..

The common theme to a richmond smacking is the side being off and not working hard enough. We didnt lose to the dogs, Pies or GWS bc of hitouts, please..
Yes we did. It was the quality of the hitouts they were getting as well, meaning they came straight out the front of the stoppage, and then they controlled the ball and we chased tail all day. Natanui gave us a good smacking last year as well. We can lose hitouts against average ruckmen or weaker mid fields but we will continue to be on the end of big hidings unless we can start controlling the ruck better. It will be interesting to see what Geelong do to us if we let them win as much ball as we have been.

666 has impacted us to an extent as well, as we are conceding a fair few straight out of the center so far this year.

Yep, I dont understand why people think we lose bc of hitouts. In our 18-4 season last year how many of those 18 wins do people think we won the hitouts? Hitouts dont determine winning clearances, there are many other factors
Yes we did. It was the quality of the hitouts they were getting as well, meaning they came straight out the front of the stoppage, and then they controlled the ball and we chased tail all day. Natanui gave us a good smacking last year as well. We can lose hitouts against average ruckmen or weaker mid fields but we will continue to be on the end of big hidings unless we can start controlling the ruck better. It will be interesting to see what Geelong do to us if we let them win as much ball as we have been.

666 has impacted us to an extent as well, as we are conceding a fair few straight out of the center so far this year.

Thats not a ruck issue, that's a setup at stoppages issue, sometimes a strong mid will get a hold of us, it happens. For the record, we actually did well clearance wise against GWS, certainly wasnt tap work that beat us and we had a heap of other issues against the pies, dogs and GWS, namely manpower and subsequently a strong mid getting a hold of us.

With regards to 6/6/6 impacting us I would argue not having cotchin for most of the season and Dusty who was the number one centre clearance player in the afl last year down on form, has been the biggest issue there for us, not ruck.

Last edited:
Vlastuin is one of our most consistent players and he adds some hardness. If fit he plays and that means one of the players who have struggled in recent weeks has to go and there have been a few. Imo the most likely on form atm is Higgins.
I'm with you on that, Mopsy. He's just going at the moment I reckon. Not playing bad, but not as well as you would like. A few weeks in the twos wouldn't hurt him anyway.

I have no issues with what you are posting, and certainly referring to you as a nuffy and asking you to jog on we’re not meant as “abuse” - our politicians are calling one another worse things in public ally funded ads...

But I found it bemusing that we have a multiple page conversation about the damage to our structure losing our only true ruckman would do?! Like it is a foreign concept that losing a structurally important player may hurt our chances!

Anyway off to the TAB

*kickflips*
Bemusing?
Not at all.
I thought the thread was about changes for the Hawthorn game.
You don't discuss that without addressing the elephant in the room (obvious or not) re what Richmond are going to do with their ruck division with Nankervis being out injured.
You're not interested - fine. If you have no issues with what I was posting, why the nasty comment?
I suggest you go to a thread that you are interested in and contribute your views rather than take cheap shots at those who are enjoying their interactions on BigFooty.
I notice you haven't made any contribution other than to patronsise me, refer to me as a 'nuffy' and tell me to "jog on".
I was having polite discussion with other Richmond posters - I notice you didn't post a similar response to them.
You could discuss anything you like - but you chose to take potshots instead. Yet to see your views.
If no-one discusses their views on BigFooty it would be a pretty empty forum. It's easy to slag off from the cheap seats matey.
I was enjoying my conversations with some of the Tigers supporters - I won't let your snide remarks take away my enjoyment in discussing footy.
I'm actually attending your game on Sunday with a Hawthorn mate and his 11yo son (my godson) who is a Tigers fan.
Anyway, Soldo has been named in the ruck - I look forward to seeing how he goes.
Sue me for having an interest in your club.
Anyway - if its not meant as abuse that's fine - I'll just refer to you as Nuffy from now on eh.;)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-5.5 points line bet.
Bet your house on it...or maybe in your case your skateboard.
Tigers were paying about $1.20 to the Western Bulldogs $4 to win a few weeks ago and Fremantle were favorites with the bookies to beat you last week.
(Dare I say it the Tiges were favorites paying about $1.40 to the Pies $3 head-to-head in last years Prelim)

Geez - what's with the abuse.
Just discussing football on a Football forum.
Grow up.
(Apologies to others - I realize I am on the Richmond Board - but respect goes both ways)

So any opinions apart from slagging off?
Changes for the game?
Soldo or Balta as your #1 replacement ruck?
Do you think you will beat the Hawks?
Will Richmond look to bolster their Rucks in the Mid Season draft? or do they already have a player in mind - or a midfielder perhaps?

I'm the first to admit I'm often wrong - but happy to contribute to, and listen and learn from a discussion.
Abuse is just cheap and easy, doesn't contribute anything and doesn't take much thought.
It just ends any relevant discussion and leads to petty squabbles.
I must say It's been an interesting visit to the Richmond board. Thanks to those who responded to my rants.
Anyway I'm gone...quick courteous response to Tiger71 and then outta here....I'm jogging on WA'nuffy'.
Best of luck....oh and bet responsibly.
Don't be a stranger mate :)

Doom and gloom is still about i see.

Don't really know why TBH.....

We are 5-3 having won 4 out of our last 5.
Ravaged by injuries but still winning.
Unearthed some gun kids in the meantime because of injuries.
Have completed then hardest part of our fixture and we are 6th.
Have 2 trips left which includes one to the Gold Coast who will be rubbish by then.
Have 10 of our last 14 games at the MCG.

What's there to be glum about.
My beer's not quite as cold as I like it tonight :(

Dare i say it, i think Nank will now find it difficult to come back into the side. Soldo is ready and will give us first use of the ball in the middle and will be handy around the ground too.
Dont think so. Soldo is an old school dinosaur ruckman. Hel compete in the hit outs, but hes very lumbering and one of those "big guys" that is literally only picked because of his size and our injuries.

Nank hasn't been in his best form, but when fit hes a straight replacement for Soldo.

Bemusing?

74a1b2b3569377bee2b0b9fb3aae52e3.jpg
I'm enjoying your posts. It was actually opposition interaction that was the sealer for me joining Bigfooty instead of just a Richmond one.
After our second H&A win against you last year I had a couple of really cool relaxed conversations with Collingwood supporters on the way out and at the Cricketer's Arms pub. Not so much after the Prelim :think: That was more my mood than anything else though!
Good luck this week!

View attachment 675608
I'm enjoying your posts. It was actually opposition interaction that was the sealer for me joining Bigfooty instead of just a Richmond one.
After our second H&A win against you last year I had a couple of really cool relaxed conversations with Collingwood supporters on the way out and at the Cricketer's Arms pub. Not so much after the Prelim :think: That was more my mood than anything else though!
Good luck this week!
Cheers matey.
Yeah I've been looking forward to catching up with my mate and my godson, had this weeks game penciled in for a long time.
Missed the corresponding game last year.
Hence my interest and jumping on the Richmond board this week trying to gain a bit of insight into some of your newer players I haven't seen before.
Adds a bit more interest in the game as a neutral supporter having a few more insights from Tiger supporters. Watching Soldo will be interesting.
I was was looking forward to seeing Ross play (my Tigers mate rates him)- shame he's injured.
Looking forward to seeing Stack play. It's different watching a player live than on TV. I like to see their work off the ball and how much gut running, leading and positioning, shepherding etc a player does.
At least it's a crucial game for both sides. Hawks and Tigers have both been a bit flakey with their form. It may come down to which team is "on" for the day - whether the real Richmond or the real Hawks come out to play.
Hoping both teams are up and running this week, that it's a close competitive game.
Actually will be barracking with my godson for a Tigers win.
Whilst my Tiger mates can be irritating and they have certainly found their mojo since your premiership, I actually prefer them to the smug son-of-a-b*tch Hawks supporters I know.

Last edited:
Cheers matey.
Yeah I've been looking at catching up with my mate and my godson, had this weeks game penciled in for a long time. Missed the corresponding game last year.
Hence my interest and jumping on the Richmond board this week trying to gain a bit of insight into some of your newer players I haven't seen before.
Adds a bit more interest in the game as a neutral supporter having a few more insights from Tiger supporters. Watching Soldo will be interesting.
I was was looking forward to seeing Ross play (my Tigers mate rates him)- shame he's injured.
Looking forward to seeing Stack play. It's different watching a player live than on TV. I like to see their work off the ball and how much gut running, leading and positioning, shepherding etc a player does.
At least it's a crucial game for both sides. Hawks and Tigers have both been a bit flakey with their form. It may come down to which team is "on" for the day - whether the real Richmond or the real Hawks come out to play.
Hoping both teams are up and running this week, that it's a close competitive game.
Actually will be barracking with my godson for a Tigers win.
Whilst my Tiger mates can be irritating and they have certainly found their mojo since your premiership, I actually prefer them to the smug son-of-a-b*tch Hawks supporters I know.

Big difference between "flakey" and missing half your side. We are well and truly the latter.

Plus, weve won 4 out of 5.

Big difference between "flakey" and missing half your side. We are well and truly the latter.

Plus, weve won 4 out of 5.
Absolutely.
You must admit though that you looked far more desperate, motivated and playing your pressure game last week than you did against the Doggies.
Cheese and chalk. Dusty showed glimpses of his old self last week, chasing and tackling etc.
Hopefully you get Cotchin back soon.

Absolutely.
You must admit though that you looked far more desperate, motivated and playing your pressure game last week than you did against the Doggies.
Cheese and chalk. Dusty showed glimpses of his old self last week, chasing and tackling etc.
Hopefully you get Cotchin back soon.

Dogs game we actually started fine but without Astbury, Garth, Rance we got torn to shreds by naughton and then dropped our bundle.

It blew out late, we were a goal down 5 or so mins into the 3rd

Bemusing?
Not at all.
I thought the thread was about changes for the Hawthorn game.
You don't discuss that without addressing the elephant in the room (obvious or not) re what Richmond are going to do with their ruck division with Nankervis being out injured.
You're not interested - fine. If you have no issues with what I was posting, why the nasty comment?
I suggest you go to a thread that you are interested in and contribute your views rather than take cheap shots at those who are enjoying their interactions on BigFooty.
I notice you haven't made any contribution other than to patronsise me, refer to me as a 'nuffy' and tell me to "jog on".
I was having polite discussion with other Richmond posters - I notice you didn't post a similar response to them.
You could discuss anything you like - but you chose to take potshots instead. Yet to see your views.
If no-one discusses their views on BigFooty it would be a pretty empty forum. It's easy to slag off from the cheap seats matey.
I was enjoying my conversations with some of the Tigers supporters - I won't let your snide remarks take away my enjoyment in discussing footy.
I'm actually attending your game on Sunday with a Hawthorn mate and his 11yo son (my godson) who is a Tigers fan.
Anyway, Soldo has been named in the ruck - I look forward to seeing how he goes.
Anyway - if its not meant as abuse that's fine - I'll just refer to you as Nuffy from now on eh.;)

FWIW I posted my thoughts on the team and the changes I’d make in the preview thread, as once that’s open that typically I take the new weeks game discussion

Happy for soldo to come in and impressed that the selectors looked bast the name and didn’t rush rioli back after showing little this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back