• 38: Noah Balta

• 42: Ryan Garthwaite

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 48: Liam Baker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on that, Mopsy. He's just going at the moment I reckon. Not playing bad, but not as well as you would like. A few weeks in the twos wouldn't hurt him anyway.
im of the opinion higgo is being a bit of the conca and a bit of the jack graham dour role, defend, harass and make sure your opponent dosent get off the chain....low numbers but his important role was on that wilson from freo dude who can carve you up with his running power and deadly long laser kicks, higgo kept him to single figures and stuff all influence. getting the vibe dimma is taking a step backwards with him for two steps forwards for the 2020 higgo v8 version. plenty of grunt but still has all the tricks.

Dont think so. Soldo is an old school dinosaur ruckman. Hel compete in the hit outs, but hes very lumbering and one of those "big guys" that is literally only picked because of his size and our injuries.

Nank hasn't been in his best form, but when fit hes a straight replacement for Soldo.

Last time i saw Soldo play afl, he was struggling to cover the ground and his opponent. Hopefully with another preseason he is fitter bc big boy will work him over and try and gas him. I know we have balta for around the ground relief, but we also need Soldo to do his fair share of gametime, otherwise we'll be playing 1 down - hope he can run with big boy..

Last time i saw Soldo play afl, he was struggling to cover the ground and his opponent. Hopefully with another preseason he is fitter bc big boy will work him over and try and gas him. I know we have balta for around the ground relief, but we also need Soldo to do his fair share of gametime, otherwise we'll be playing 1 down - hope he can run with big boy..
We should use Soldo at stoppages and then try and switch Balta into the ruck in open play as he has mobility and speed to push McEvoy.

Cheers matey.
Yeah I've been looking forward to catching up with my mate and my godson, had this weeks game penciled in for a long time.
Missed the corresponding game last year.
Hence my interest and jumping on the Richmond board this week trying to gain a bit of insight into some of your newer players I haven't seen before.
Adds a bit more interest in the game as a neutral supporter having a few more insights from Tiger supporters. Watching Soldo will be interesting.
I was was looking forward to seeing Ross play (my Tigers mate rates him)- shame he's injured.
Looking forward to seeing Stack play. It's different watching a player live than on TV. I like to see their work off the ball and how much gut running, leading and positioning, shepherding etc a player does.
At least it's a crucial game for both sides. Hawks and Tigers have both been a bit flakey with their form. It may come down to which team is "on" for the day - whether the real Richmond or the real Hawks come out to play.
Hoping both teams are up and running this week, that it's a close competitive game.
Actually will be barracking with my godson for a Tigers win.
Whilst my Tiger mates can be irritating and they have certainly found their mojo since your premiership, I actually prefer them to the smug son-of-a-b*tch Hawks supporters I know.
Stick around and give us all here at Tigerland an oppo report/opinion on Soldo and his game...as well as our other newer players replacing our injured...
Will be interesting to read your unbiased comments...cheers...:thumbsu:

Hand up to admit I was wrong about menadue thought he was a spud and career over what a game by him more of that please
You have to give them a chance. It can take some players more than 50 games to get up to speed with AFL football. I remember some people calling Rance a spud in his early days. They certainly look like idiots now. Give the young blokes a chance.

Yep, I dont understand why people think we lose bc of hitouts. In our 18-4 season last year how many of those 18 wins do people think we won the hitouts? Hitouts dont determine winning clearances, there are many other factors

Thats not a ruck issue, that's a setup at stoppages issue, sometimes a strong mid will get a hold of us, it happens. For the record, we actually did well clearance wise against GWS, certainly wasnt tap work that beat us and we had a heap of other issues against the pies, dogs and GWS, namely manpower and subsequently a strong mid getting a hold of us.

With regards to 6/6/6 impacting us I would argue not having cotchin for most of the season and Dusty who was the number one centre clearance player in the afl last year down on form, has been the biggest issue there for us, not ruck.

I thought we were much better not having to chase arse all day. I get the comparisons to last year but ultimately we fell in a hole towards the end of the season. The Nank of 2019 is also nowhere near the early 2018 version.

He’s been completely uncompetitive in the ruck against anyone even remotely competent so far this season. Not saying Soldo is the answer as he rucked against no one today but we need an upgrade on what we’ve got so far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought we were much better not having to chase arse all day. I get the comparisons to last year but ultimately we fell in a hole towards the end of the season. The Nank of 2019 is also nowhere near the early 2018 version.

He’s been completely uncompetitive in the ruck against anyone even remotely competent so far this season. Not saying Soldo is the answer as he rucked against no one today but we need an upgrade on what we’ve got so far this season.

I guess we’ll find out over the next 8-10 weeks. Hawks are a pretty poor clearance side, but in fairness to your point I did notice on several occasions dusty running onto a soldo tap.

Looking fwd to seeing soldo moving fwd, he definitely looked the best he’s looked at afl level so far yesterday.

I guess we’ll find out over the next 8-10 weeks. Hawks are a pretty poor clearance side, but in fairness to your point I did notice on several occasions dusty running onto a soldo tap.

Looking fwd to seeing soldo moving fwd, he definitely looked the best he’s looked at afl level so far yesterday.

Yeah. I’m not sure Soldo won’t get exploited by a better ruck.

You are right in that we are happy to concede clearances by playing fewer players around the ball. But if they keep getting clean taps good sides are just walking the ball out before our mids can create any pressure, meaning our extras outside the contest don’t feature.

Ruck dominance didn’t hinder us most of last season but it’s become a theme in all the hidings we’ve taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back