• 38: Noah Balta

• 42: Ryan Garthwaite

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 48: Liam Baker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust us we know. It’s so frustrating when this happens because we know what they’re capable of. At their best they’re an absolute delight to watch and almost impossible to beat, however it’s such an exhausting game style that unfortunately they’re going to lose games here and there and lose them big. :(

It’s going to be a Jekyll and Hyde year unfortunately

Good post. Unlike most of my fellow supporters I rate Nank very highly. He's only played 67 games, is still improving and going in an upward trend. Nanks work around the ground, disposals, clearances, contested work and metres gained is up there for a ruck. Hes also got that touch of mongrel which is what you need from your big guy and does a lot of the hard stuff in close that doesnt get a stat(bullocking, blocking, hard hits).

Areas he needs to improve on to become a bonafide elite ruck of the comp is take a few more marks per game, currently at 2.6, get it up to 4-4.5 and use his endurance and surprisingly good disposal around the ground a bit more, bc imho he's capable of it. Currently averaging 14.5 disposals which is good, but he's capable of 17-18 for mine. I know his disposal efficiency statistically is average, but he's actually a brilliant field kick for a big guy. I've always maintained Hitouts and hitouts to advantage are the most overrated stats in football so never been fussed that he loses the taps most weeks

Killed us against the dogs. They controlled the stoppages and we never had anything but scraps to feed off. Same thing against GWS and Pies and the prelim last year. Common theme to a Richmond smacking is a getting toweled up in hitouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killed us against the dogs. They controlled the stoppages and we never had anything but scraps to feed off. Same thing against GWS and Pies and the prelim last year. Common theme to a Richmond smacking is a getting toweled up in hitouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realise that even when we win we get smacked in the hitouts?

Sandi had a world record amount of hitouts to advantage and we smacked them by 104 points..

The common theme to a richmond smacking is the side being off and not working hard enough. We didnt lose to the dogs, Pies or GWS bc of hitouts, please..

It’s going to be a Jekyll and Hyde year unfortunately
Yep. As long as we understand that now then it’ll be fine.

If we win more then we lose we’ll play finals which will be very good experience for the kids, however our percentage is probably going to be the thing that keeps us out of the top 4 unfortunately, due to the big losses we’re inevitably going to have.

Doom and gloom is still about i see.

Don't really know why TBH.....

We are 5-3 having won 4 out of our last 5.
Ravaged by injuries but still winning.
Unearthed some gun kids in the meantime because of injuries.
Have completed then hardest part of our fixture and we are 6th.
Have 2 trips left which includes one to the Gold Coast who will be rubbish by then.
Have 10 of our last 14 games at the MCG.

What's there to be glum about.

Don’t think we’ll win, on paper I don’t think the side we are sending out will beat the Hawks, especially coming back from Perth playing two rotations down, very likely to run out of legs.

That being said, I gave us almost no chance against Port and Freo either, so who the hell knows?

Don’t think we’ll win, on paper I don’t think the side we are sending out will beat the Hawks, especially coming back from Perth playing two rotations down, very likely to run out of legs.

That being said, I gave us almost no chance against Port and Freo either, so who the hell knows?

B: Grimes, Garthwaite, Vlastuin
HB: Houli, Astbury, Edwards
C: McIntosh, Prestia, B Ellis
HF: Higgins, Caddy, Bolton
F: Castagna, Lynch, Rioli
R: Soldo, Dusty, Lambert
Int: Balta, Stack, Baker, Menadue

In: Soldo, Vlastuin, Rioli
Out: Nank (inj), Ross (inj), Broad (rested)

Even if we rest Rioli another week and Broad stays in, very solid side.

Honestly, considering we are missing Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Nankervis, Short, Graham, Ross its a pretty ridiculous team.

I think this is why we will be ok without Nank.

In Soldo we get a better centre square tap ruck and we have others who can cover the "harassing, jostling, in their faces, getting in the right position, slotting goals" as they do it anyway.

Balta has shown he can get the aggro out...just needs to channel it at the right time

B: Grimes, Garthwaite, Vlastuin
HB: Houli, Astbury, Edwards
C: McIntosh, Prestia, B Ellis
HF: Higgins, Caddy, Bolton
F: Castagna, Lynch, Rioli
R: Soldo, Dusty, Lambert
Int: Balta, Stack, Baker, Menadue

In: Soldo, Vlastuin, Rioli
Out: Nank (inj), Ross (inj), Broad (rested)

Even if we rest Rioli another week and Broad stays in, very solid side.

Honestly, considering we are missing Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Nankervis, Short, Graham, Ross its a pretty ridiculous team.
Yes...when you really give it some thought and get over the shock of how many injuries we have we still have a solid block of players in the side...
It's amazing when you start going through the names whose left...
KMac, Grimes and Houli playing top footy!
And those young guns...especially both Baker and SStack!! WowWee.
Balta...phew!
Just have to see how Soldo steps up...fortunately its against another plodder in big boy...
But having posted all that...i don't have that good feeling in my water when i think we are going to win! Dammm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS got pantsed by the Hawks, but they look like they don’t know how to play the G.. a bit like Freo use to be like.
Before that Hawks got done by Melb and the week before that should have lost to the blooze in Tassie.
We beat Freo over there who are up and about.
I reckon we’ll get em

The Hawks have had a scratchy year
They have had two wins that look good on paper
Round 1 V Crows - in hindsight that was the Crows poor period
Round 8 V GWS - not sure what happened there

losses to the Saints and Melb. and the get out of jail V Carlton would have had alarm bells ringing with their faithful

has Clarkson awakened them with new tactics against GWS
or is that game a blimp and not a trend ???

Their form mightn't STACK up

Dare i say it, i think Nank will now find it difficult to come back into the side. Soldo is ready and will give us first use of the ball in the middle and will be handy around the ground too.
Rubbish.

Anyone who could have predicted the injury toll on so many of Richmond's core player group would have to have been on drugs or a writer for the Game of Thrones series. But to have found so many players who, so far, have seamlessly replaced them is beyond remarkable. There will be some interesting conversations at exit interviews at the end of this season where our list management team will be seriously challenged in retaining the current group. My money is on the Club culture being the key factor in player retention over money. If Soldo can step up on Sunday and hold that form, team selection in a couple of months time will be a fantastic nightmare.

We lost a ruckman so we need to replace him with a ruckman. I dont care if its Soldo or Coleman-Jones imo CCJ is the long term future and can not see it hurting if he gets a game or two now.

Ross is a big bodied mid imo we lack enough big bodies so for me Collier-Dawkins comes in for him.

Vlastuin is one of our most consistent players and he adds some hardness. If fit he plays and that means one of the players who have struggled in recent weeks has to go and there have been a few. Imo the most likely on form atm is Higgins.
Personally id get rid of Ellis never to be seen again but that wont happen.

Just have a horrible feeling that amongst all the bad luck with injuries the MRO might get us as well.

Young Sydney Stack has had a fantastic start to his career and was hailed for the number he did on Viney but just noticed the last couple of games he has attempted a couple of similar bumps and missed his opponent. Just feel sooner or later he is going to collect someone a bit high and of course being a Tiger you can almost guarantee he will be rubbed out for a week or two.

Just maybe needs one of the coaches to have a quiet word in his ear not to get too excited, love his endeavour though.

That would be insanely ridiculous. Round 9 still to be played and we would be replacing the replacement for an earlier injured player.
Jack Ross says hello. just sayin.... Bolton would be a second replacement for an earlier injured player...needing replacing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back