Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Freo & Changes for Geelong

Best Players vs Freo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just this once we make an exception to our no tagging policy
I reckon if you tag anyone it should be Cam Guthrie he is the one winning the inside ball lately. He probably hasn't been tagged before so wouldn't know what to do if he was.

I think last night showed that it will be difficult to always play the 2 rucks in the same side. Maybe for the Geelong game one of Soldo/Nank need to go for CCJ/Chol/Caddy

Just makes the team structure up a bit better and considering the teams weakness with clearance, probably equals out not having the ruck dominance

Kudos to Freo for not parking the bus, although the tactics of having an extra 2 players at each stoppage was interesting, but was never going to win them the game. They easily won clearances, but simply booted the ball forward to the next stoppage in the hope there's another ball up and clearance to win. This made for a boring and scrappy affair when Freo had the ball. The one or two times they ran the ball and took on the game they looked good. So other teams would have seen this and now know that even with 2 extra players around a stoppage, we still rely on pressure and tackling to turn the ball over. Nice try Freo.

This stoppage domination probably contributed to the fact that Cotch, Martin and Bolton didn't have the influence they always have and Fyfe had the obligatory 55 meaningless possessions. Eventually, the rolling maul hits our well organized backline. They would not have got away with this tactic if Prestia and maybe Lambert were playing. Dow is not ready for the AFL standard inside mid role. But he will be soon enough.

Castagna makes so many errors, and then laces out Aarts and all seems to be forgiven. An enigma of a player. Markov played his role curtaining Walters, and had some run of his own. It was the second tier players that raised to the occasion - Pickett and Macintosh in particular. I though Jack was really good, and took some strong marks. I'm sick of seeing him take a mark and then get shoved in the back..If it was Hawkins, there would be an instant 50M. Not sure why Broad was dropped. Balta did look shaky in the first half. I was fuming at the jumper holds on him. Just unreal that it was seen the other way..Rucks were well beaten.

Last Quarter was the Richmond way. Good sides find a way, and that was the pleasing part of this game as well as winning without our usual dominant stars.

Out - Higgins, Dow
In - Grimes, Lambert

real gutsy win over a much inexperienced fremantle side, heard david king i think say after the game mention that it was a fair effort for freo as they're a rebuilding club and had 8 or 9 players under 55 games played

1599111435880.png

wait why does richmond have 10 under 50 games played and only 4 games average experience different, that doesn't fit the narrative

Chol for Nank
Grimes for Dow
Lambert for Castagna
Chol will give us more mobility, Grimes obvious inclusion along with Lambert. Nank not enough contribution last night, Dow has a taste of the big league, get him ready for next season & Castagna has run out of lives, looking like a headless chook at the moment & just too many dumb decisions.

real gutsy win over a much inexperienced fremantle side, heard david king i think say after the game mention that it was a fair effort for freo as they're a rebuilding club and had 8 or 9 players under 55 games played

View attachment 952124

wait why does richmond have 10 under 50 games played and only 4 games average experience different, that doesn't fit the narrative
Please send that to him and post his reply

View attachment 952124

Hahah someone’s gotta post this to kingy the giant nuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 952124

send a link to that page please

Can't believe people want Chol in over Nank .
Chol had 20 possessions in 4 weeks .
Nank nearly had that many against the Eagles .Nank's clearance work and second efforts against the Eagles was also first rate .Last night second up he had a shocker but he's still far away ahead of Chol .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hopefully they stick with Nank,,2nd game back after a big one against the Eagles,,I think he will be fresh after the 9 day break.

View attachment 952124

yung freo were brave

Agree. He's very balanced and mentions the mensions the tiger strengths where most choose to ignore them, or just don't understand them.
Always praises Shane Edwards a lot too which just shows his class recognizing things the other flog commentators dont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back