Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Freo & Changes for Geelong

Best Players vs Freo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up with BF activity:

Re Underwood, reckon she suits radio better, describes the play rather than try to add theatre to the vision, some clumsy name errors and descriptions though. Prefer this style over someone like BT who ruins the spectacle with his ridiculous style.

Re tagging - not seeing how an effective tag takes away from our gameplan, same plan with 17 but dulls the impact of their most damaging player. We do it sometimes in a way, just not sure why not more.

Can't believe people want Chol in over Nank .
Chol had 20 possessions in 4 weeks .
Nank nearly had that many against the Eagles .Nank's clearance work and second efforts against the Eagles was also first rate .Last night second up he had a shocker but he's still far away ahead of Chol .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Freo slightly won the rucks as far as impact around the ground. Nank was close to a kicking one goal and touched Higgins late one. But I wouldn't mind resting Soldo for a game or 2. Play Chol. Let Nank find some form.
Small fwds all worked hard. George, John, Paul & Ringo. Tall fwds were great. Backline was also good. Oleg & Broad were both effective. If it came down to it Broad is ahead for mine. Kmac good again. Dow: couldn't get into it. Pickett good again. Higgins was quite good.

I think last night showed that it will be difficult to always play the 2 rucks in the same side. Maybe for the Geelong game one of Soldo/Nank need to go for CCJ/Chol/Caddy

Just makes the team structure up a bit better and considering the teams weakness with clearance, probably equals out not having the ruck dominance
I don't think Freo's rucks were much better. Just about a nil all draw. I'd leave Nank in to find form. Rest Ivvy. For a game or 2.

Our rucks were ordinary last night, but it's worth pointing out that Freo had 13 hitouts to advantage (Darcy 10, Lobb 3) to our 10 (Soldo 6, Nank 4), so it's not like we got obliterated in clearances mostly due to Freo's 'ruck dominance' (as some have inferred).

It was partly down to our rucks not being able to give us an advantage, partly down to our inside mids getting beaten, and probably the most significant factor was their extra numbers at non-centre square stoppages.

I don't think Freo's rucks were much better. Just about a nil all draw. I'd leave Nank in to find form. Rest Ivvy. For a game or 2.

That’s what I’m saying. We didn’t get smashed in the ruck but still got dominated in clearance, that’s why I prefer to have a more mobile/forward threat in the team.

It provides the team with more talent in other parts of the ground which suits the game plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see Geelong trying to do what the pies do when they play us. Slow the game right down and have two big forwards which has killed us in the past. Balta will have to have one of his best games if we are to win without Grimes.

Also I know dimma doesn't care much about clearances but if we win that area of the game we win it comfortably

Can see Geelong trying to do what the pies do when they play us. Slow the game right down and have two big forwards which has killed us in the past. Balta will have to have one of his best games if we are to win without Grimes.

Also I know dimma doesn't care much about clearances but if we win that area of the game we win it comfortably

The two ways to beat us are: slow it down and play keepings off and have a big forward to out mark us (requires really good disposal, or us to be undermanned), or go the super flood and hope they can arse enough goals to beat us 6 goals to 4. That's how we've lost most of our games this year.

It will be interesting to see how Geelong play it because they are slower than us and guys like clangerfield commit too many turnovers to not go unpunished. If I was Dimma i'd be trying to keep the ball moving and play on our terms. With a full list i'm confident of beating Geelong but with an undermanned defence we might have some worries.

The two ways to beat us are: slow it down and play keepings off and have a big forward to out mark us (requires really good disposal, or us to be undermanned), or go the super flood and hope they can arse enough goals to beat us 6 goals to 4. That's how we've lost most of our games this year.

It will be interesting to see how Geelong play it because they are slower than us and guys like clangerfield commit too many turnovers to not go unpunished. If I was Dimma i'd be trying to keep the ball moving and play on our terms. With a full list i'm confident of beating Geelong but with an undermanned defence we might have some worries.
Geelong also like to create space and chip a few 20m passes forward before bombing it in deep to Hawkins with their smalls at his feet. That's how they played us in the PF last year (minus Porkins) and we saw Freo doing it a little a couple of nights ago. However, if we get the game on our terms we win.

Shorty the Unsung Hero

Short has become an integral member of Richmond’s backline, with his ball use and ability to penetrate the opposition’s team defence a key asset. The long-kicking half-back flanker was one of the Tigers’ most influential players in a less than convincing win over Fremantle, setting himself apart with 23 disposals at 82 per cent efficiency. He also gained 439m on the night as Richmond’s ability to convert turnovers into scores underlined the difference between the two sides.

Shorty the Unsung Hero

Short has become an integral member of Richmond’s backline, with his ball use and ability to penetrate the opposition’s team defence a key asset. The long-kicking half-back flanker was one of the Tigers’ most influential players in a less than convincing win over Fremantle, setting himself apart with 23 disposals at 82 per cent efficiency. He also gained 439m on the night as Richmond’s ability to convert turnovers into scores underlined the difference between the two sides.

Top 5 finish in the B&F coming up, IMO. He was on my shitlist as too soft and too small at the start of the season, and his proved me wrong every game since.

Absolutely ridiculous call, 2-1 agst and the other Freo bloke marks uncontested!
Yeah, I thought the umpiring was below standard for this game. It seemed we got the B team and some of the glaringly obvious non calls bordered on the embarassing. Like the Taberner two handed jumper pull on Balta, a jumper hold on Soldo at a boundary throw in and some reactionary holding the ball decisions, one on Aarts comes to mind. I'm happy to criticise the O'Gormans and Chamberlains at times but they would never have let these umpiring 101 errors pass. Fairly confident we won't see this trio in any finals matches.

All the talk about short I’d say baker having a better season and is a better player. Stonger, cleaner, better mark, better kick to position..... baker is a serious player. Short still has a few things to work on.
Now to our smalls....... horrible.
Where do you start- none of them look dangerous. Need sheds down there for some class and crumbing skills.

All the talk about short I’d say baker having a better season and is a better player. Stonger, cleaner, better mark, better kick to position..... baker is a serious player. Short still has a few things to work on.
Now to our smalls....... horrible.
Where do you start- none of them look dangerous. Need sheds down there for some class and crumbing skills.
If grimes, astbury, edwards are fit....do they try baker forward instead of higgins?

real gutsy win over a much inexperienced fremantle side, heard david king i think say after the game mention that it was a fair effort for freo as they're a rebuilding club and had 8 or 9 players under 55 games played

View attachment 952124

wait why does richmond have 10 under 50 games played and only 4 games average experience different, that doesn't fit the narrative
It's been a constant narrative this season from commentators that Richmond is more seasoned and mature than their opponents. Yet, we've consistently had 10, 11, and sometimes 12 players under 50 games, a fact that is completely ingnored. The Dogs game was a perfect example.

1599174521857.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back