• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 17.1%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • Shia Bolton

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucky gws had a brutal game and some stars with injury clouds , crazy talented midfield, we'll run over the top of them in the second half when fatigue starts to set in.

Dogs went to Perth in rnd 23 2016 and won , they then went back to Perth week after 1st final and won , then beat hawks here in brutal game , then beat GWS in brutal game and still one the GF and ran over the team that had the extra week off and easy finals games . IMO that bye week off totally refreshes a team as there’s virtually no football for 12-14 days . Adrenaline and momentum can carry a team , so we need to be totally switched on with no major lapses in the game .

Yep. Chol just looked like an incredible athelete struggling to come to terms with the game yesterday

Wasnt great againt Port Melbourne either.

pretty cool how he jumps over the opposition ruckman consistently

i fail to believe he only had 7 hitouts

Chol kicking the ball out of bounce from a throw in is less good

I hope Dusty spends more time in the middle this week. If I were GWS I'd be looking to put De Boer on Prestia because he's been our best mid by far since the bye - that becomes an easy decision if Dusty spends a lot of time forward. Dusty in the midfield say 70% of the time forces them to use De Boer on him and I'm gonna back Dusty to beat him 1v1.
I’d back Dusty to beat him this time around as well.

He hates being beaten and De Boer beat him well in round 3.

Dogs went to Perth in rnd 23 2016 and won , they then went back to Perth week after 1st final and won , then beat hawks here in brutal game , then beat GWS in brutal game and still one the GF and ran over the team that had the extra week off and easy finals games . IMO that bye week off totally refreshes a team as there’s virtually no football for 12-14 days . Adrenaline and momentum can carry a team , so we need to be totally switched on with no major lapses in the game .
No doubt the club will be approaching GWS with this in mind. They won't take it easy and should go in hard all game.

Still feel that it will be like when Port lost by a ton and the wobbles losing by 80 in '80 after an impressive run pre-finals and making it into the GF.

I’d back Dusty to beat him this time around as well.

He hates being beaten and De Boer beat him well in round 3.
The thing is, in a Grand Final, De Boer is going to use every single tactic (legal or illegal). GWS are playing physical football and you'd imagine will get stuck into all of our mids.

I think Dusty will spend a fair bit of time forward as a result.

The problem is that they did this with Coniglio against us the last time (Round 17) and he went down in the first quarter. I don’t know if I’d risk Phil Davis. He spent a lot of time on the bench.

Whitfield and Coniglio I would definitely risk though as they seem more ready to go. Whitfield didn’t have a leg or shoulder injury so if he’s right after the appendix surgery then I’d play him. Coniglio is probably over his knee injury so I’d risk him too.
Coniglio will not play 👎

Don't believe it mattered to the Inner Sanctum who we played, QF, Prelim and GF, we prepare our way, we play our way and it's up to the other mob to beat us over four quarters.
Cats could only manage a half and it stuffed them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like our coaches to try something out of left field.

Not a hard tag, since we don’t do that but how would someone like Greene react if we had a Shedda or Cotchin go head to head with him?

Cotchin would be on him like a rash whenever he got the ball and Greene and Shedda are very similar players, creative forward/midfielder types, however Shedda can also be defensive when he needs to be.

Might be interesting to see how it goes for a few minutes.

Dogs went to Perth in rnd 23 2016 and won
No, they lost badly to Freo.
they then went back to Perth week after 1st final and won , then beat hawks here in brutal game , then beat GWS in brutal game and still one the GF and ran over the team that had the extra week off and easy finals games .
Nope. Sydney lost their QF to GWS and then won their next two. They played every week, just like the Dogs.

GWS looked absolutely cooked in the last quarter against both Brisbane and Collingwood. - Were lucky to get away with both games.

If they go flat against us, they won't be so lucky.

Confident even if down at half or even 3QTR time, we will run over the top. - The last few weeks have given me supreme confidence in our side to "raise the fight" as Dimma says to the boys.

Apart from Toby Greene, I don't see anyone at GWS who engages in cheap sniping during games. De Boer is a pest but he seems to be an ethical pest. Mumford pushes the line but these days he basically has to fall on top of a player to hurt them. We don't have any enforcers and haven't for a while now. So while I see the GF as being played in a highly physical way, I don't think we'll see any return to the ugly days of the 1960s and 1970s when some players considered it their duty to break jaws and ribs all in the interests of their team. I still think our game plan will win the day but at worst we need to be no further than 3 goals behind at the start of the final quarter to run them down. They are a good side but so are we and I think we will win by between 3 to 7 goals.

pretty cool how he jumps over the opposition ruckman consistently

i fail to believe he only had 7 hitouts

Chol kicking the ball out of bounce from a throw in is less good

He flys in the center but hardly gets near the ball at times and doesnt know the art of tap rucking.

Watching his last VFL games I fear that he may not make it which is a shame.

Enough of the false bravado already! It's only Monday ffs. Don't want to be hearing who you want coward punched in the first five mins all week. Tough football is not throwing your fists around. It's going hard at the footy. Throwing a punch means you've lost.

Whispers: If you're afflicted with an undersized willy go get a penis pump.

(No offense T71)

Sheesh.

Gws have plenty of tall options fwd. Cameron, Finlayson, Himmelberg Okeefe who may be omitted this week but it is very tall even without Keefe..
If Broad doesnt get up we have to replace him with a tall.

Personally McIntosh or Balta Ross and Pickett for Broad, Graham and Short. Harsh call on short i know but he didnt do a hell of a lot apart from a few things and remains a defensive liability.

Lol, get a grip, you're always unhappy even when we actually make a grand final.
For a side who relies on chaos and move-it-forward at all cost, Short averaged 47 meters per disposal against the PissyCats
Give me more of that against the Giants anyday.

It's got me buggered why anyone would even contemplate an "unforced" change at this late stage with only one game remaining.
No doubt it comes down to the posters ego, thinking he actually knows more than our highly experienced, highly paid professional coaches.

I’d like our coaches to try something out of left field.

Not a hard tag, since we don’t do that but how would someone like Greene react if we had a Shedda or Cotchin go head to head with him?

Cotchin would be on him like a rash whenever he got the ball and Greene and Shedda are very similar players, creative forward/midfielder types, however Shedda can also be defensive when he needs to be.

Might be interesting to see how it goes for a few minutes.

I like it.

Cotch when he went into the middle, which was pretty much always, did a good job on whoever was there, danger etc. I can see cotch in his twilight years becoming an effective tagger

Back