Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I've been hoping I'd be able to find this! I'm not posting it for the Hawkins bit, check out the crowd in the reflection on the glass and the Richmond waterboy going off at the final siren! Gold!!
I was too crook to get to the game so I watched the whole post match on 7. I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that Dusty gave Roaming Brian a complete brush off! Asked him if he could have a chat, Dusty waved him off and just said "No!"

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Nank played nearly 95mins in the ruck for 2 seasons so should be able to 60 mins. He has steadily getting less effective in the middle, but its his marking and general play that's dropped of imo.
Has been off most of the year that’s why I never thought he was a huge loss when he went down v freo. I just think his touch and fitness is way off AFL level and doesn’t look at all dangerous , we d be better with chol who at least may bob up ,,,massive decision, I do However get the impression dimma is in nanks corner

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I've been hoping I'd be able to find this! I'm not posting it for the Hawkins bit, check out the crowd in the reflection on the glass and the Richmond waterboy going off at the final siren! Gold!!
I was too crook to get to the game so I watched the whole post match on 7. I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that Dusty gave Roaming Brian a complete brush off! Asked him if he could have a chat, Dusty waved him off and just said "No!"

Lol dusty , love that he stays true to himself , he doesn’t like that #&$&

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Watch the teams straight after the second quarter. Geelong players are urinating in each others' pocket. In the background you can see the Tigers gathering quickly and leaving the ground in a very business like manner. It was game on from this point.
I noticed Shedda with about 5 to go in the 2nd stepping up and starting to try and inspire his team mates.

Giving him the captaincy for a few games this year was the best thing we did!!

Hamsatma

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I just think they have had to spend so much energy getting there. 2 very taxing games in 2 weeks I'm hopping they gave everything they can give for those 2 games and 1 more game may be their breaking point.
That's true - especially evident as they've been under siege completely in the last against pies and lions. Although it is the granny so can't rely on that necessarily happening again

On Moto G (5S) using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 23, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Just an honest question gents on last nights game

Were the GWS that good last night or Did the Pies played a really bad game until 15 mins into the last quarter

genuine opinion

The game was largely played between the arcs in the first 3 quarters. Tough conditions meant a lot of down the line contests. Very hard to judge the quality of the football given the conditions.

Was about to post the same when I saw this.
He is so important to their backline structure, especially the big key forward (Lynch will kick 10 without Davis there).
He will play come hell or high water.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Just an honest question gents on last nights game

Were the GWS that good last night or Did the Pies played a really bad game until 15 mins into the last quarter

genuine opinion
Honestly, GWS were very frustrating. Their forward ball movement and their crumbing when the ball hit the deck needs improvement as they struggled to score in congestion. It was at times too easy for Collingwood defenders to unravel their ball movement. I don’t know whether the wet had anything to do with it, but they looked a little slow as well. Also, their awareness of the rules was a little suspect as they give away stupid free kicks.

GWS were fantastic in the midfield and and defence though. Their ability to stop Collingwood from doing anything meaningful in the forward line was great. Haynes is one dangerous guy to watch out for.
Our midfield needs to be on because they just defeated 3 strong midfield teams in Western Bulldogs, Brisbane and Collingwood. Dusty also would need to work through the attention he’s likely going to get from De Boer because this guy is really good at shutting down the opposition’s best midfielder (Neale, Pendlebury, Bontempelli etc.).

Think we’ll win though because GWS looked spent by the end of the game.

Just watching a video on my phone that I don’t even remember happening! I had a crows mate with me in 2017 and he was just saying he’ll never forget our supporters singing the theme song because they were late playing it when we ran out on the ground. Couldn’t remember it but sure enough I recorded it just like he said!
Was amazing.

Defibrillate

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Whitfield will play. The only thing that would stop him would be a surgical complication and with keyhole surgery that’s really really unlikely.

Can someone tell me what Jack Graham’s midfield/forward time has been lately? I’m just thinking whether Ross is a like for like?

The forgotten name is KMac who several of you say is out of form. But a big body on the wing who could throw some weight around and is obviously experienced. Imagine sending him to Toby Green and saying - make it hurt. He has been a reliable role player in the past but guided by you VFL observers out there.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Untitled2.png

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
GWS presents a difficult match-up as the tallest team in the comp against our shortest team.

With Rance we're fine - he, Astbury, Broad take the three talls while Grimes takes care of Greene as he did in 2017. But this year we're one tall defender short.

I'd be tempted to play Balta as ruck backup and swingman instead of Nankervis to give us some versatility. 'Swingman' isn't in our structure though, so Vlastuin may need to play tall.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
GWS factored in Grundy would dominate ruck, roughly 70-15, so they added in an extra mid to gain clearances.
Do we really need two rucks against a hack like Mumford?
It is something to ponder.
Either way, Soldo must be played.
Bring in Ross to hit their star mids if Graham is unfit.
Maybe omit Nank, and bring in Stack (or Pickett) as X Factor.
Collingwood almost outran GWS in the end, scored 4.5 in the final quarter, hit the post, should have won.

Back