Votes: 18 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack for Ellis...

Nank, Pickett, Rance in when ready..

Chol is a good chance beating Soldo, staying in the side
Why Ellis out? Are you just another person that hates on Ellis?
Ellis was very good on the weekend for a start.. is extremely harshly judged all year, every year. Yeah he makes the odd mistake that stands out but all in all he is a pretty consistent valued player..

And why would you drop him for reiwoldt? Comepletly different positions.

Last edited by a moderator:

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Rioli had 7 score involvements.
Plays further upfield these days and sets up the play for the other forwards.
No way known is dropped.
Liam B played well in the VFL but cannot see a future at Richmond for Butler.
Too many small running forwards on the list.
Doubt Ellis would attract a "bidding war" as some speculate, he should stay at RFC.

Loving the team line up debate... means we are healthy and hitting some form and have plenty of options!
The flexibility of stack has opened up so many options for us.

We look so much more dangerous having Edwards forward of the footy. Hopefully doesn’t have to go backline again.. he’s just too valuable forward and mid.

Chol or balta as a back up ruck is a must.. clearly we need it. Nank to replace soldo is obvious.

Reiwoldt back this week most probably for egg (stiff but only option really). Does this mean stack goes back? I’m not too sure as Dima has expressed he wants stack playing forward and more midfield time..
might leave a gap in classy disposal coming out of defense...

I’m loving the rotational trial of Bolton and stack at Centre bounces.. just adds another option for us.. this to me leaves caddy on the outer.. been tried in the Centre many times without a big effect. And I think we are too tall with lynch, reiwoldt and caddy all in the forward line.. I could be wrong tho

ivansarmy

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
B: Short Astbury Grimes
HB: Vlaustin Broad Houli
C: Mcintosh Martin Ellis
HF: Edwards Riewoldt Stack
F: Rioli Lynch Castagna
Foll: Soldo Cotchin Prestia
Int: Chol Caddy Lambert Bolton

Out: Smith Graham
In: Riewoldt Caddy

Grimes on Cameron
Astbury on Finlayson
Vlaustin on Green
Broad on Himmelberg

Why Ellis out? Are you just another flog that hates on Ellis?
Ellis was very good on the weekend for a start.. is extremely harshly judged all year, every year. Yeah he makes the odd mistake that stands out but all in all he is a pretty consistent valued player..

Look I wouldn't drop him on last week's game either but he is judged harshly because he is a liability if dragged deep defensively and this costs us goals.

I don't expect perfection and he's got his offensive capabilities that go unappreciated, but I worry about him in a crunch game more than any other player.

Wouldn't drop him this week though.

Look I wouldn't drop him on last week's game either but he is judged harshly because he is a liability if dragged deep defensively and this costs us goals.

I don't expect perfection and he's got his offensive capabilities that go unappreciated, but I worry about him in a crunch game more than any other player.

I probably would, not because he's been bad, just squeezed out. I'd like Stack in his role, can push back and go forward. Really loathe to drop Bolton though. Some of his stuff on the weekend was quite magical. Love him rotating through the middle in small bursts and provided he keeps upping his defensive game he has quickly gone passed Butler. I'd keep Egg on the bench, his work off half back was very good for a first gamer, let's see how he goes against GWS in bursts. Then we'll know more!

Is it just me or are other people starting to think we have an embarrassment of riches happening.

Yeah fair call..
I hate him deep in defense as well.. should never enter the defensive 50 arc..
He’s great running up and down the wing/half forward where he does kick goals.. very accurate kick for goal. Dima said it a few games ago, he needs to let Ellis excel in his attributes and not focus on his negatives

I probably would, not because he's been bad, just squeezed out. I'd like Stack in his role, can push back and go forward. Really loathe to drop Bolton though. Some of his stuff on the weekend was quite magical. Love him rotating through the middle in small bursts and provided he keeps upping his defensive game he has quickly gone passed Butler. I'd keep Egg on the bench, his work off half back was very good for a first gamer, let's see how he goes against GWS in bursts. Then we'll know more!

Is it just me or are other people starting to think we have an embarrassment of riches happening.
So you’d drop Ellis for reiwoldt this week an put stack to Ellis position?
I think this extremely harsh on Ellis... I understand you’re saying squeezed out but I’m not really buying that

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man Utd
Caddy surely comes back to the side when fit. rightly so. He'll be important in finals.
Chol for now keeps his spot and who knows might just win us the flag...!
Ellis & rioli are the 2 most vulnerable and while egg has been good, he'll get his time next season. cant see him playing in september

Jack, cadddy, & Nank slot straight in
Ross will play reserves and may have to earn his spot again. The only one he can replace is Graham

Jack replaces Egg/rioli/bolton
Caddy replaces rioli/ellis/bolton
Nank - rioli/ellis/chol (where 3 talls are not needed)

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Caddy surely comes back to the side when fit. rightly so. He'll be important in finals.
Chol for now keeps his spot and who knows might just win us the flag...!
Ellis & rioli are the 2 most vulnerable and while egg has been good, he'll get his time next season. cant see him playing in september

Jack, cadddy, & Nank slot straight in
Ross will play reserves and may have to earn his spot again. The only one he can replace is Graham

Jack replaces Egg/rioli/bolton
Caddy replaces rioli/ellis/bolton
Nank - rioli/ellis/chol (where 3 talls are not needed)
How can Ellis be vulnerable when he's consistently one of our best players all season?

In: Riewoldt
Out: Egg

B: Grimes, Astbury, Broad
HB: Short, Vlastuin, Houli
C: Lambert, Prestia, McIntosh
HF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Stack
F: Rioli, Lynch, Castagna
R: Soldo, Martin, Cotchin
Int: Bolton, Chol, Ellis, Graham

Sexy team, and still missing Rance, Caddy, Nank, Balta, Ross, etc

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
He's been good in patches not consistent enough imho. Out of all the players ((excluding egg & chol)), i'd have everyone above rioli & Ellis in terms of consistent output.
He's been super consistant, had 2 ordinary games and would be easy top 5 in the B&F at the moment.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, New York Giants
In terms of 2019's whipping boys I'd keep Rioli in over Ellis.

Even though Ellis probably has more output in terms of measurable stats, Rioli is less likely to turn the ball over. Brando was pretty good on the weekend though, as was Rioli, so calls for either to be dropped aren't really justified.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
In terms of 2019's whipping boys I'd keep Rioli in over Ellis.

Even though Ellis probably has more output in terms of measurable stats, Rioli is less likely to turn the ball over. Brando was pretty good on the weekend though, as was Rioli, so calls for either to be dropped aren't really justified.

lol rioli is lightyears ahead of ellis

Why Ellis out? Are you just another person that hates on Ellis?

na mate Im pretty much president of the 'Ellis is overrated' fanclub. (Previous known as 'Grigg sucks')

Ellis out because he is the most expendable. The other players are merely better / more valuable

I would drop him for Riewoldt because Riewoldt is good at football and your other smalls can push down and 'cover' ellis easily. Edwards, Bolton, Rioli, Lambert, Mcintosh etc. are all flexible and better options

If you want to go over them one by one - Graham offers a lot more grunt in the middle and we as a whole look less soft with him in the and around it. Stack is just better at everything apart from cheap backwards kicks. Rioli as stated is has goals, goal assist, tackling pressure etc. on a whole different planet to bellis

We need to hopefully sooner rather than later work Riewoldt, Nankervis, Rance back into the team and hopfully others put their hand up. Thinking ellis is undroppable is a wrong position to take

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, New York Giants
lol rioli is lightyears ahead of ellis

387419.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back