Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 18 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness to Garth he was grossly underdone at that stage. Garth can cover enormous territory but doesnt have the speed to go with Cameron whose one of the best athletes in the comp. We'll have our hands full - hopefully we dominate play so he doesnt get enough ball to cause us too many problems

Spot on there cut there supply in the middle is the key and forward pressure.

In all fairness to Garth he was grossly underdone at that stage. Garth can cover enormous territory but doesnt have the speed to go with Cameron whose one of the best athletes in the comp. We'll have our hands full - hopefully we dominate play so he doesnt get enough ball to cause us too many problems
yes thats the point. garth might run ok but his speed isnt that flash, and that is a big asset for cameron.

Haha normally I'd agree. But it's getting bloody harder by the day. Jack and Caddy. Soon Nank, Ross and Pickett!!! I don't envy having to make those calls at all. So much for trading away all our depth. Imagine we still had Lloyd, Miles and Conca on the list.

No totally agree. Absolute headache for selectors. A good headache but difficult nonetheless

B: Short Astbury Grimes
HB: Vlaustin Broad Houli
C: Mcintosh Martin Ellis
HF: Edwards Riewoldt Stack
F: Rioli Lynch Castagna
Foll: Soldo Cotchin Prestia
Int: Chol Caddy Lambert Bolton

Out: Smith Graham
In: Riewoldt Caddy

Grimes on Cameron
Astbury on Finlayson
Vlaustin on Green
Broad on Himmelberg

That HF line though. Faaarrrk.

He's been super consistant, had 2 ordinary games and would be easy top 5 in the B&F at the moment.

Only because he is one of like 7 players to play most of the season lol

You don't have to. It's getting tougher for spots. Stack has greater versatility, pure and simple. I'd like Caddy in the fwd pocket too, swapping with Dusty - it's what has worked in the past. There is no DeBoer tag this week, but we may as well play a simulation of it now rather than just when it is cut-throat.

B: Grimes, Astbury, Broad
HB: Short, Vlastuin, Houli
C: Stack, Prestia, McIntosh
HF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Rioli
F: Caddy, Lynch, Castagna
R: Soldo, Martin, Cotchin
Int: Bolton, Chol, Graham, Lambert
Emg: Ellis, Smith, Garthwaite
Does Stack have the tank to play Wing?

Jnr is apparently becoming s**t too.

Yes. Yes he is

dec8d06bc35029a0e47011da886410c0.jpg

That’s for you jaklaughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we can give up on this happening.

IMO, moving him onto the long term list to fit in DES pretty much confirms he wont be back.
Still have a small glimmer of hope.
Player sponsor night Rance kept on talking about being fit for finals.
Rance wants to play club wants to hold him back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting once Nank returns.Obviously Soldo goes out.
What we do with Chol.
Lynch/Jack & Chol up fwd i don't think will work.
Nank & Chol off the bench is a waste.
Perhaps we use Chol down back on the bigger mobile talls that give Astbury some grief.
Use him as the 3rd man up role.
We can then rest Nank on the bench and Chol can go into the ruck.
Yes Chol in the backline would be awesome. He has the height to cause some havoc there I think

Others seem to be quickly overtaking Rioli whose position no longer seems to be guaranteed.

I think it’s only short term he’s got too much ability to be out for any extended period but will need to improve to be guaranteed a finals spot.

Still remember him in that final against GWS where he was electrifying
Maybe still getting over the broken foot

Was running well the other day including the agility test........
Friend of a mates uncles brother said Rance travelled with the boys to the Goldie for moral support and after the game was that pumped up, he decided not to fly back with the boys, but to run back to Melbourne. word is, he beat the boys back to Tulla by 25 minutes and pulled up well. :oops:

I'd keep chol in over Caddy. Our two greatest structural weaknesses have been clearances and competing in the air and in the ruck. Frankly there have been times we have been utterly monstered in both. Chol as a mobile marking ruckman provides something that has desperately been missing. Plus his groundwork for a man his size almost makes him an additional midfielder during clearances. Moreover a Chol in the side means that we aren't completely helpless like we have been previously when a Mason Cox cuts loose. At last we have an option to fight back, a player that can compete on equal terms. Caddy is a fine medium forward, but if you throw Caddy in the mix with Lynch Riewoldt and Chol it potentially makes our forward line too top heavy and slow, and frankly as a midfielder I'd pick Baker and Ross (when available) in a heartbeat before him. Let him work his way back through the reserves. Team balance comes first, and with a ruckman as limited as Soldo playing chol needs to stay.

Yep. We have lacked a lot of marking power around the ground, it’s made it hard to move the ball at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Yes Chol in the backline would be awesome. He has the height to cause some havoc there I think
Chol and nank can exist at the same time, actually will be beneficial because chol can move and uses the ball well. Also it will give us the added height we lack playing vs West coast ec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back