Votes: 109 49.1%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 175 78.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good post and pics given the outcome thanks.
Mentioned to a mate after the win that missing Kelly, Ward, Coniglio and Patton would be similar to us being down something like Martin, Cotchin, Lambert and Lynch. Plus Dusty not having to worry about DeBoar.
Thank you so very much for your kind words..it's always cool to share & post pics of the the opposing side especially when the Melbourne & other interstate teams come up to Sydney..this time it was the other way around and we made it to the 'G....Giants are in a deep, deep hole and I dont totally blame injuries..sure it's a significant factor but good teams, make do with the problem..ie: Dogs 2016, you guys right now ie: no Rance... It's just a cycle I guess I'll never forget the Tiges walking off the SCG in August 2016 after being absolutely pasted by the Swans.. seeing Dusty and the crew walk off heads down..they were simply terrible..yet come 2017..and the rest is....well you know... It's frustrating to see the Giants unable to cash in with the talent they have..i think Rohan Connolly once said to me..what do the Giants stand for? a feeder club ie: ready made talent going to other clubs (Shiel,Smith,Scully, Treloar, Hoskin-Elliot, Steele and now possibly Cogs) or do they wish to be a flag /finals winning side?.. sure there are salary cap issues..but i wonder how many footy players would forgo cash for the chance to play in a flag side and surely they'd know how close they were..food for thought i guess. Anyhow, I'm sorry to have ranted..again many thanks for your kind words and all the best for the remainder of 2019....September, Spring, the MCG and Richmond are the perfect, intense combo..enjoy!

Plan A,B,C for Robbie Gray??

Worried about him this week along with Port. I think he has been a big part of Ports weekly hot cold rotations.
Grimes.

Refer to the last quarter against Port earlier in the year. I have not seen anyone fist Gray the way Grimes fisted him in the last quarter. Absolute bath. Grimes was BOG in that last quarter too, intercepting absolutely everything. Made me aroused.

I didn't get to see last weekends game since I was busy, How did our forward structure hold up with Lynch, Riewoldt, Soldo and Chol in the side was one getting benched a lot? were they going with 3 talls at any stage?

I didn't get to see last weekends game since I was busy, How did our forward structure hold up with Lynch, Riewoldt, Soldo and Chol in the side was one getting benched a lot? were they going with 3 talls at any stage?

chol was on the bench a lot. relieved soldo mostly with a few overlaps of all being on the ground. our forward structure looked good and it was nice to have a tall option down the line at the same time as having some talls in the forward 50. i'm still not sure whether we should drop chol for caddy or not, he had a quiet game and benched a lot but having that extra tall dude marking around the ground is tempting...pllus he's a good kick

Thank you so very much for your kind words..it's always cool to share & post pics of the the opposing side especially when the Melbourne & other interstate teams come up to Sydney..this time it was the other way around and we made it to the 'G....Giants are in a deep, deep hole and I dont totally blame injuries..sure it's a significant factor but good teams, make do with the problem..ie: Dogs 2016, you guys right now ie: no Rance... It's just a cycle I guess I'll never forget the Tiges walking off the SCG in August 2016 after being absolutely pasted by the Swans.. seeing Dusty and the crew walk off heads down..they were simply terrible..yet come 2017..and the rest is....well you know... It's frustrating to see the Giants unable to cash in with the talent they have..i think Rohan Connolly once said to me..what do the Giants stand for? a feeder club ie: ready made talent going to other clubs (Shiel,Smith,Scully, Treloar, Hoskin-Elliot, Steele and now possibly Cogs) or do they wish to be a flag /finals winning side?.. sure there are salary cap issues..but i wonder how many footy players would forgo cash for the chance to play in a flag side and surely they'd know how close they were..food for thought i guess. Anyhow, I'm sorry to have ranted..again many thanks for your kind words and all the best for the remainder of 2019....September, Spring, the MCG and Richmond are the perfect, intense combo..enjoy!
You make a good point re culture. At the moment I think GWS have developed a better one than Gold Coast given the ability to cover gun players lost and still be very close to grand final appearances. There's still a way to go but I personally see GWS as a team in their own right now and don't consider any startup advantages as a factor now.
I will be an additional GWS supporter Sat 430ish and if you could please do me a favour and knock off The Pies it will make my day :).

Last edited:
Back