Votes: 83 45.9%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Floss... 🤬🤬🤬... calf apparently
Happy to see Rioli out sends bad vibes to rest of team him getting games on his latest efforts
Hopefully whatever is wrong with him physically or mentally he can fix
Is it me or does he look a little fat??
Anyway good luck to him hope he comes back a lot hungrier
Will miss Vlas he would nearly be winning our B&F
The Egg had better be a hard egg this week

for me this week my outs would go
Rioli - putrid
McIntosh - just not up to the standard.
Aarts - just a battler.
Chol - what does he give us? answer usually very little.
Naish - Harsh on the kid here he deserves a block of games but i have others id prefer see get a game.

Team would go like this

B/ Vlastuin - Garthwaite - Grimes. Imo Garthwaite is more suited to a kp role than Broad thus freeing Grimes up.
HB/ Pickett - Balta - DE-S. HB is Picketts natural position id like just once for them to give him a go there. Des stays done more than enough for a 5 gamer.

C/ Lambert - Ross - Bolton. Pace combined with size Bolton gets shuffled to a wing and Lambert we know is suited there. IMO Better THEM than McIntosh
R/ Soldo - Martin - Cotchin. With out Nankervis no option but play Soldo but cant Play both Soldo and Chol they just dont give enough.

HF/ Stack - Riewoldt - Higgins. Prefer Stack at HB but he cant be worse than Rioli and Aarrts up fwd.
F/ RC-D - Lynch - Castagna. RC-D at 190cm plus gives us a sort of Dusty option up fwd rotating with Dusty on ball. A third tall option without Chol offering nothing.

INT/ Graham - Short - Broad - Baker. Would like to see what Broad has to offer further up the ground or even as a run with type.Short provides outside run and the other two are midfield rotations.
Wat. Chol gives a lot. He's great around the ground and getting better each game.

I would argue that he was one of the reasons Richmond lost the game. Was out marked in the goal square by Jacobs...

Jacobs couldn't have scored if Balta - who was the key defender there to guard the square and prevent the contest resulting in an opposition mark - had gone the defensive spoil instead of trying to intercept mark (which clearly failed badly, but you and the other 'Soldo trolls' apparently didn't even see that).

In review, we would have looked at that contest and rather than wasting time lamenting the fact the ball fell to Jacobs' favour and Soldo got 'out-marked' (which happens in contests between tall players opposing each other every single game), the loud and clear message coming from the coaching staff would have been to remind Balta he needs to go the punch unless he's confident he can take the intercept mark.

Football fact.

and in the last quarter let Jacobs dominate the ruck contests which allowed GWS to get crucial scores.

LOL...geez, even Bristle Twat and Wan King Carey managed to beak away from their 'star gaze' fawning over Martin and Greene long enough to comment that Soldo was "dominating" Jacobs and that was turning the game our way. The most glaringly obvious example was the brilliant hit-out from Soldo which gave Reiwoldt a gimme practically in the goalsquare and our best chance to win the game. Then he went straight back to the centre and hit the ball down Dusty's throat - yet again. He beat Jacobs over and over again in the 2nd half - racked up nearly 70 ratings points to Jacobs' under 20. That's a fair dinkum smashing.

Did you happen to nod off when these things happened, or do you just willfully ignore everything that goes against your bias?

...Also match day rankings don’t really mean anything at all, just a overblown media stat.

On the contrary, Champion Data player ratings are often the perfect way to prove people who base their opinions on bias, omissions and dishonesty - intentional or otherwise - rather than fact, are utterly wrong.

In the case of rebounding defenders who play spare man or forwards who happen to get lucky kicking easy goals on the end of good team play, match ratings can be deceptive at times and therefore need to be taken in their proper context.

In the case of players who are constantly in contests (and nobody is in more contests than a ruckman), ratings are extremely informative and enlightening. Anybody who has a clue about football and the analysis of it agrees wholeheartedly. With very few exceptions, the best players in the game are the highest rated.

The player ratings show clearly that Soldo was way more effective than Jacobs overall for the night and absolutely took him to the cleaners in the 2nd half. The vast majority of his ranking was from hit-outs to advantage and effective 1%ers - he was our highest ranked player for the 2nd half he dominated Jacobs so clearly and obviously. If Jacobs had actually won them the game as you pretend, his rating would have been through the roof instead of Soldo's.

All of which amounts to conclusive proof that your opinion is fact devoid, biased twaddle.

You're entitled to post fact devoid, biased twaddle, but you're going to get called out on it.

Happy to see Rioli out sends bad vibes to rest of team him getting games on his latest efforts

I have to wonder if it's at least partly foot related, hasn't moved the same since that serious injury. Just speculation, but that's what I've observed.

As you say, hope he can get back to his best form, we need him. :thumbsu:

Jacobs couldn't have scored if Balta - who was the key defender there to guard the square and prevent the contest resulting in an opposition mark - had gone the defensive spoil instead of trying to intercept mark (which clearly failed badly, but you and the other 'Soldo trolls' apparently didn't even see that).

In review, we would have looked at that contest and rather than wasting time lamenting the fact the ball fell to Jacobs' favour and Soldo got 'out-marked' (which happens in contests between tall players opposing each other every single game), the loud and clear message coming from the coaching staff would have been to remind Balta he needs to go the punch unless he's confident he can take the intercept mark.

Football fact.

LOL...geez, even Bristle Twat and Wan King Carey managed to beak away from their 'star gaze' fawning over Martin and Greene long enough to comment that Soldo was "dominating" Jacobs and that was turning the game our way. The most glaringly obvious example was the brilliant hit-out from Soldo which gave Reiwoldt a gimme practically in the goalsquare and our best chance to win the game. Then he went straight back to the centre and hit the ball down Dusty's throat - yet again. He beat Jacobs over and over again in the 2nd half - racked up nearly 70 ratings points to Jacobs' under 20. That's a fair dinkum smashing.

Did you happen to nod off when these things happened, or do you just willfully ignore everything that goes against your bias?

On the contrary, Champion Data player ratings are often the perfect way to prove people who base their opinions on bias, omissions and dishonesty - intentional or otherwise - rather than fact, are utterly wrong.

In the case of rebounding defenders who play spare man or forwards who happen to get lucky kicking easy goals on the end of good team play, match ratings can be deceptive at times and therefore need to be taken in their proper context.

In the case of players who are constantly in contests (and nobody is in more contests than a ruckman), ratings are extremely informative and enlightening. Anybody who has a clue about football and the analysis of it agrees wholeheartedly. With very few exceptions, the best players in the game are the highest rated.

The player ratings show clearly that Soldo was way more effective than Jacobs overall for the night and absolutely took him to the cleaners in the 2nd half. The vast majority of his ranking was from hit-outs to advantage and effective 1%ers - he was our highest ranked player for the 2nd half he dominated Jacobs so clearly and obviously. If Jacobs had actually won them the game as you pretend, his rating would have been through the roof instead of Soldo's.

All of which amounts to conclusive proof that your opinion is fact devoid, biased twaddle.

You're entitled to post fact devoid, biased twaddle, but you're going to get called out on it.
Well said way too many Soldo haters on this site
Yes he is raw but the upside is huge and he is more than holding his own

Well said way too many Soldo haters on this site
Yes he is raw but the upside is huge and he is more than holding his own

I just don't get the hate, it's nasty, often woefully informed player assassination.

Makes me see red. Hate the umpires, hate the opposition, by all means, just don't hate the men in yellow and black. At least give them the respect of a fair assessment of their contribution.

Forgot to mention that Martin had by far his career record clearances (9) last Friday courtesy of Soldo. 'Plan A' executed to perfection (too obvious if anything, but we're playing midfield B and C and tactically limited by that reality).

Unfortunately, Dusty didn't manage to do anything genuinely effective with any of those clearances, but I don't see anyone floating the idea that he can't play, should be banished from the midfield to be replaced by a green kid, or needs to be dropped. He's did the best he could on the night and at least got on the end of some good team play.

Anyway good luck to him hope he comes back a lot hungrier
Will miss Vlas he would nearly be winning our B&F
The Egg had better be a hard egg this week

There's a photo of him at training today, a close up of his face, I thought he looked a bit fat in the face.

Football fact.

Quick question then, who do you think Champion Data rated higher last season Houli or Zac Williams?
And do you agree with that assessment?

Quick question then, who do you think Champion Data rated higher last season Houli or Zac Williams?
And do you agree with that assessment?
I know which one I'd rather have Grand Final day. Was Williams even playing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week he may not have gotten a lot of ball but he was strong when it was in his area. Don't remember his opponent getting it much. The week before he has 24 good possessions. Also the Dogs are a hard running side, will need MacIntosh's size and strength and straight ahead style.

KMac had 8 contested possessions. I'd call that a bit of the ball. A few were out in the otherwise open field too. If he lost those contests, GWS go inside 50. But he did better than break even by winning them and sending us forward.

Played a good game.

I have to wonder if it's at least partly foot related, hasn't moved the same since that serious injury. Just speculation, but that's what I've observed.

As you say, hope he can get back to his best form, we need him. :thumbsu:
I have also thought he hasn’t been the same since he injured his foot in the 17 GF. I don’t think it’s coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back