Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS, Rd 3 2019, & changes for Port

Best players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Vlaustin might be stand-in captain.
Markov okay at 80% efficiency last week, if Houli is unavailable.
At least, Caddy and Grimes return.

Last edited:

I'm for leaving Balta back there. Garth looked a little underdone. Maybe back to the twos for a spell or try him up the other end.

A back six of Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin, Broad, Houli (If fit) and Stack isn't too bad.
I like it. Stack is here to stay and Balta will improve with games. That looks a solid back 6. Jack said he expects to be back v Swans. Love the leadership on the bloke. Listening to him on 360 I reckon we just need to get a win and the rest will roll from there

What's going on with Higgins to looked primed for a big year.
Dunno, maybe we don’t have as much for the oppo to worry about and he’s getting more attention.
I’d like to see him at more stoppages.

I'm not sure Garth is as unfit as people think.

Played 98% game time last week — more than any other player
astbury always plays our deepest back, good coaching and thinking by leon and his son jeremy :p having jez running around the forward half like a midfielder and running the inexperienced boys (balta and garth) and big dave ragged. if hinkley is onto this, you'd expect the hoff to do the same as he has a good tank, grimes back is a massive relief.

I doubt Dimma would make many (if at all) unforced changes......
Outs - Dusty, Cotch & Short
Ins - Ross, Grimes & caddy

I personally hope look at me (butler) makes way for Bolton...
One of Butler or Castagna need to be made an example of. The 2017 Premiership Player Free Pass Card has expired. We need to be rewarding good form in the 2's and punishing substandard form in the Seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't bet on the Tigers for quite some time as the odds have been too short. Head to head about $3.45 against a team you just can't trust. OK I'm in

Why we hating on Garthwaite for?
Thought he was decent and only going to get fitter every week

Would drop markov before Garth

You need to ask why? He was always lagging behind. Looked way to slow. He will make way for Grimes i reckon.
Marcov at least provides speed and we'll need it against port

I've advocated 6 but at a bare min it should be 4 or 5. Must reward guys busting a gut in the ressies, Bolton and Ross to name 2.

Grimes for Garthwaite
Houli for Short
Caddy for Dusty

Bolton for either Castagna or Butler (but knowing Dimma it'll be Marcov)
Ross or Townsend for Ellis

Boak, Powell-Pepper and Gray are their three key midfielders.
P-P had 690 metres gained, which is an amazing stat.
They had a terrible last-quarter fade out against the Lions, conceding the final four goals.
Grimes to Rozee, Astbury to Westhoff.
Rockliff (concussion) and Gray (shoulder) had injuries last week but should play.

Back