Best players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Sure is. Especially when you cite Broad and Rioli who have played roughly the same or less than some of the guys you count as inexperienced for Port. Nank too for that matter. Port doesn't have 1000+ games and its best 4 players sitting in the stands.

Tell you what, if Richmond picks your team, I'll quit bigfooty. If they don't you will. Then we'll see what's silly.
Mate you really do like to change things around dont you

Firstly you go on about 1000 games sitting in the stands , You could have 5 players like B.Ellis sitting in the stands that you wont even miss or you could have Cripps , Curnow , Kelly , Oliver types with a combined 200 games at most who you will miss so that means s**t.

Broad & Rioli was being sarcastic but looks like you missed that

Also when i posted that team that was not the team that would be selected but more the team i would like to see selected but knowing full well that we wont make 6 changes.

But lets compare your team to mine and see exactly who are the differences and how many games difference it makes to the team, I would say at most 100-150 so its not as if our selected teams are 1000 games apart.

This was the team i posted , Now lets see your team and have a look how many games difference it maks for you to be going on like a pregnant chook

B: Vlastuin - Astbury - Grimes
HB: Broad - Garthwaite - Houli
C: Macintosh - Prestia - Edwards
HF: Caddy - Balta - Rioli
FF: Bolton - Lynch - Higgins

R: Nankervis - Graham - Lambert
INT: Naish - Stack - Markov- Ross

Last edited:

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
How many times do I have to point out that 1000 games worth of their best 4 players were not on the sidelines.

Who has them as premiership fancies?

We do have a chance, except if we play the team THE_GUN named. That is my point. I would pick a team to give us the best chance to win, that side would be conceding defeat before we start.

You do realise we have 21 players who have played 50 or more games. when a whole pile of injuries hit we dont have too many experienced options to bring in.
Most of those options to bring in who have played under 50 games but more than 20 are
Weller a battler who has played 127 games and is not available atm, he is the only one with more than 50 games to his name.
Townsend is next with 47 games and at the very best a role player.
Menadue is next with 33 games and he has failed every single time to grasp his opportunities
Markov has not been a regular but is currently in the team he has just 17 games to his name like menadue there are real questions about him being good enough.
That effectively is the experienced depth we have regardless of injuries and none of them are realistically keepers imo.

We do have young players in the twos doing enough to warrant a game and we certainly have plenty of players in the seniors stinking it up. imo we will get as much out of the kids as we do out of blokes like Butler, Castagna Ellis and even Markov atm. Sydney Stack showed what can happen when you give these kids a go. It wont be as if we dont have plenty of experinced players still in the team to help.

P/A have a short fwd line atm with Ryder fwd and westhoff drifting fwd from the midfield so we dont need a big backline to combat them.
Personally Balta gets Westhoff and Astbury gets Ryder.JR is out of the team so bring a tall to replace a tall keeping the structure we wish to play long term, play Moore only 8 games but is in his 4th yr its time to give him a go.

Blokes like Butler and Castagna have played 41 and 54 games respectively they arent hugely experinced players as it is, and they are terrible atm.

Houli, Grimes, caddy all experinced players come back in this week Cotchin, Short and Martin all go out all bar Short experienced.

Ellis is experinced but just so poor in the physical stakes butler and Castagna are still relatively inexperinced and in shocking form in come ross a first gamer
Moore a 4th yr player and Bolton in yr 3. Townsend can also come in to add a bit hardness that is sadly lacking.

Yes its inexperienced but i dont think you realise there is not a lot of options and we need to reward good form in the twos and most certainly refuse to tolerate the rubbish some have been producing in the ones.

Boak, Powell-Pepper and Gray are their three key midfielders.
P-P had 690 metres gained, which is an amazing stat.
They had a terrible last-quarter fade out against the Lions, conceding the final four goals.
Grimes to Rozee, Astbury to Westhoff.
Rockliff (concussion) and Gray (shoulder) had injuries last week but should play.

Grimes to Robbie Gray surely?

ivansarmy

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
This is my predictions for this week after listening to Dimmas press conference
B: Vlaustin Astbury Grimes
HB: Stack Broad Houli
C: Mcintosh Lambert Ellis
HF: Rioli Balta Higgins
F: Caddy Lynch Baker
Foll: Nankervis Edwards Prestia
Int: Ross Townsend Bolton Graham

Out: Martin, Cotchin, Short, Garthwaite, Butler, Castagna
In: Houli, Grimes, Caddy, Townsend, Baker, Bolton

towna!

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

perfect!!!!!

won't happen

I have a funny feeling we are going to go really well. And I am the biggest glass half empty supporter on the planet.

Same.

I've got a running 'safe' bet going...each week, I pick one game and bet my winnings from the previous week on it...Low odds, but each week it stacks up.

Earlier in the week, I was thinking of putting it on Port, but I just felt we were a real shot so went for Collingwood over Bulldogs instead (worse odds, and I feel dirty for backing the pies, but...).

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I have a funny feeling we are going to go really well. And I am the biggest glass half empty supporter on the planet.
Same.

I've got a running 'safe' bet going...each week, I pick one game and bet my winnings from the previous week on it...Low odds, but each week it stacks up.

Earlier in the week, I was thinking of putting it on Port, but I just felt we were a real shot so went for Collingwood over Bulldogs instead (worse odds, and I feel dirty for backing the pies, but...).
will rockliff wear the pink hat?
In my dat we had a word for people wearing pink hats

We will lose by 43 points

Back