Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS rd9 & Changes for Brisbane rd10

Best Players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't find that a bit of an odd interpretation? Serious question, do you umpire at any level? Rarely see you post outside of defending the umps.
I goal umpire for my kids sport. Does that count?
The umpires have been putrid since I can remember. The constant umpire bashing is boring though. Doesn't really achieve anything. Find something else to post about. Try and be creative

if you watched Rance live you would never say any other defender is better than him.
Yes I would...and I did.

Grimes before Rance. Both awesome defenders but I reckon Grimes loses fewer one on one contests. Rance could sometimes pull out a complete spazz move once every few games or so, but Grimes never does. He's the complete one on one defender.

Just my opinion.

Regarding RCD - Opportunity has been grabbed by both hands. I was worried he would move on if starved of opportunities. Tonight he showed he has arrived, and belongs at the elite level - for our club. I think we have a superstar in the making.

Spot on, question now is how can we keep him in the side when players return.

I'm not sure CJ is getting a spot barring injury replacement. Ralphsmith and Mansell possible in the discussion for dropping. Caddy and Stack sounded like they are going okay.
I think Mansell gives Dimma the opportunity to play Baker further up the ground, since Mansell has come in the side Baker has flourished elsewhere.

I goal umpire for my kids sport. Does that count?
The umpires have been putrid since I can remember. The constant umpire bashing is boring though. Doesn't really achieve anything. Find something else to post about. Try and be creative
And defending them ad nauseum is your idea of avante garde? I like to think I balance my umpire vitriol with other random nonsense pretty evenly.

Yes I would...and I did.

Grimes before Rance. Both awesome defenders but I reckon Grimes loses fewer one on one contests. Rance could sometimes pull out a complete spazz move once every few games or so, but Grimes never does. He's the complete one on one defender.

Just my opinion.
Rance had an ability to defend the entire back 50 that I've never seen before. There have been better one on one defenders, no better players at stopping opposition teams as a whole scoring though.

I think Mansell gives Dimma the opportunity to play Baker further up the ground, since Mansell has come in the side Baker has flourished elsewhere.
Mansell stays, dare I say it he stays in while Bachar is managed. This allows Bakes to play midfield until the cavalry arrives in the next 2 to 4 weeks. A win win scenario I reckon.

I'm expecting afew ups and dpwn with all the kids over the next month. But our injured guys have a golden opportunity to come into a firing side with not much pressure on them. We might even play a guy like Meatball in the VFL for a game. But first they have to kick the kids out.

This game shows our 'depth' is actually genuine quality young players. Add Dow and Stack and our young midfield is possibly mid tier AFL. That is amazing! They'll get better and hopefully we'll smoothly move on to another golden age whilst this one is still going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I would...and I did.

Just my opinion.

2018 Rance was trash, got flogged by spuds several times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Been watching our replay as the Bumbers v Fremantle game isn't particularly inspiring.
Magnificent win from behind and up there with our best given the personnel but there are some concerns. Can't keep giving up runs of goals and expecting to come from behind. This may work against mid-tier clubs but won't work against the top teams (not convinced about Dogs yet). I'm not convinced about the current Reserves players although a couple of the mid-fielders show some promise. There doesn't seem to be many key position players coming through ie defenders or forwards, will have to trade and use the draft effectively to overcome these gaps.
Still concerned about our forward line particularly Lynch/Riewoldt. They took 5 marks between them, Hogan took 9 on his own and had less time on ground than either Lynch/Riewoldt. Lynch/Riewoldt contributed 2 of our goals in total. Both got their hands to the ball a number of times but dropped uncontested marks, Lynch is also slow in his decision making and general field play. Also, can't keep missing regulation set shots.
It took a remarkable Martinesque effort last night and you simply have to marvel at this bloke. Kicks goals that no-one else can and creates scoring chains with unparalleled creativity. Want to also mention Baker's effort. TOG was 80% but had 33 disposals and 16 contested. If he'd played 100% he would have racked up 40 disposals. He and Martin are the cleanest players below their knees in the team.
Meanwhile umpire in the current game obvious mark not payed to Fremantle 20 m out from goal so Bumbers win.

The last 10 mins much of the momentum was based off speed and pressure. Doesn't want to lose a runner, makes some sense
Lets look at it as a whole team approach

Dogs play 2 of Martin English Sweet in the ruck then Naughton & Bruce forward and Keath & Cordy as defenders
Dees play Gawn & Jackson in the ruck, Brown & McDonald up forward and 3 of May Lever Petty or Tomlinson down back
Cats play 2 of Stanley Esava Blicavs in the ruck, Hawkins & Cameron up forward and Henderson Kolodjashnij Henry down back
Lions play McInerney in the ruck Hipwood Daniher McStay as forwards with Andrews Gardiner Lester Adams as defenders
Port play Lycett or Ladhams in the ruck, Dixon Marshall Georgiades up forward, Clurey Allir Jonas down back

We play Nankervis in the ruck, Jack and Tom up forward, Astbury Balta Grimes Broad down back.

So we're playing a similar type of structure in terms of the number of talls so may it's worth opting for a swap of say Broad or Balta or Astbury for CCJ to trial the second ruck support to see if it works better than what we're currently doing.

when the oppo team is taking a shot from 35 - 55 mtrs out , has anyone thought of having two dedicated defenders on the goal line, one that serves as a platform and the other flying in from behind to take a speccy- not to mark but to touch the ball? we could've stopped two or more goals last night.

I wonder why since we love the chaos game why sometimes from full back we never go the long kick down the guts ? Short would put it basically in the centre of the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes cannot understand chipping it to the pocket all the time then we are trapped in one side of the ground
Why doesn’t he run 20 and kick it 60 be in our forward line very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back