Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS rd9 & Changes for Brisbane rd10

Best Players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Baker showing he can play full-time mid, how does our best 22 look now?

I'm at a bit of a loss...

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
McIntosh, Cotchin, Lambert
Edwards, Lynch, Bolton
Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Graham, Baker, Short, Pickett

It's still the same 22 from the GF. Is that right?

Do we perhaps drop Pickett and play another ruck?

Do we drop Astbury, back in Grimes/Balta/Broad and then play the extra ruck?

Does Stack maybe eventually come in for Castagna, given we seem to be less about pressure small forwards these days?

Is Pickett best 22?

It's a good problem to have but I'd love us to solve it come September, provided we even make it (check the ladder predictor, there are lots of tough games that could see us finishing on only 12 wins...)

Pickett has been in our top 3 players last 5 weeks aren't going no we're.

Hope the Barty Army up there goes hoarse.

Cmon Tigers!

Umps are going to try to swallow every whistle in the bag.

WE have been subjected to some of the worst umpiring in history in recent weeks and I can't see the rort stopping.

The pic above Mitch "dartboard head" Robinson.

Crush em Tigers,us against the World again lol.

I was one of the few Tiger supporters fortunate enough to be at the game

spent some time just focusing on Aarts and following his running patterns.

Very good game runs hard and yes gets the running patterns slightly skew-wiffed in the forward line

but gutsy game in the centre, very hard running, solid at the ball and now creeping up our goal kicking ladder

boys got something certainly not a spud as some claim, slowly winning the supporters over with efforts like that against the GWS.

eat em alive tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coleman-Jones has been imperious and imposing so far this year and that form continued against the Giants.

The burgeoning forward/ruckman had two goals in the book in the opening two minutes as Richmond capitalised on a sluggish GWS outfit.

YlaerFaM.jpg

VFL R5: Coleman-Jones bags five

The Tigers defended the ground well and moved the ball swiftly and efficiently, which allowed the likes of Coleman-Jones to show their wares one-on-one with their opponent inside 50.

Richmond – Liam Baker

The Tigers have unearthed another. Hailing from the small, unassuming town of Lake Grace in Western Australia, Baker’s year-on-year improvement since being taken with pick 18 in 2017’s rookie draft has been immense. Stepping up in the absence of Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia, Kane Lambert and Shane Edwards, Baker racked up a career-best 33 disposals and laid six tackles in Richmond’s thrilling win over the Giants on Saturday night.

Baker is such a jet!! He hits the ball at the fastest pace than anyone in the afl and is cleaner than the pipes of a nun

Tbh I feel like most of our defence has had trouble with the in and Outs of our team , not just Dave. Balta has had those moments too if not just as much as astbury. In any case astbury should not be out of this team , we need a bloody settled back 6 . If anything id like the extra tall to come in so our 6 can remain settled.
Realistically this was first time the back 6 has played together for a full game since last years prelim
Vlaustin missed grand final and second half first game and Grimes missing last week so they need some time to reacquaint and gell with the new rules
Also agree need extra tall CCJ in so not taking a Balta or Astbury out of defence
For mine CCJ comes in for Aarts who whilst doing some good things IMO is not up to it especially in bigger matches
Obviously weather conditions up north this week will see whether a second ruck plays but think it’s time Dimma sounded the second ruck alarm!!

What’d he do before we drafted him in the SSP? Eat a bucket of KFC?
He was involved in a physical altercation at a family function, missed a compulsory training session the following day and was subsequently left out of WA’s round one side. He lost his licence for drink driving. He was forced out of the AFL academy and WA academy for disciplinary reasons. He was not dedicated to training and had attitude problems. He brought KFC into an interview with an AFL academy boss. He had poor draft combine interviews. He had a questionable upbringing that involved substance abuse, mental illness and criminal convictions in his direct family. He was at one point in time homeless. The rest, I won’t touch, but if you don’t believe Stack had issues when we drafted him then you’re absolutely delusional. Many people have alluded to Stack’s off field “issues” prior to him being drafted. There’s a reason why 17 other clubs overlooked such a highly talented player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back