Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS rd9 & Changes for Brisbane rd10

Best Players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Baker showing he can play full-time mid, how does our best 22 look now?

I'm at a bit of a loss...

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
McIntosh, Cotchin, Lambert
Edwards, Lynch, Bolton
Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Graham, Baker, Short, Pickett

It's still the same 22 from the GF. Is that right?

Do we perhaps drop Pickett and play another ruck?

Do we drop Astbury, back in Grimes/Balta/Broad and then play the extra ruck?

Does Stack maybe eventually come in for Castagna, given we seem to be less about pressure small forwards these days?

Is Pickett best 22?

It's a good problem to have but I'd love us to solve it come September, provided we even make it (check the ladder predictor, there are lots of tough games that could see us finishing on only 12 wins...)

Hard isn't it?

If RCD, Ralph-Smith & Naish can hold that form then something will have to give. You can't have much needed new blood without having some old blood be spilt.

download.jpg

Hard isn't it?

If RCD, Ralph-Smith & Naish can hold that form then something will have to give. You can't have much needed new blood without having some old blood be spilt.

View attachment 1130041
Reward form I say, there’ll likely be more injuries so some spots will be open throughout the rest of the season. Those injured mids definitely have to come back into the team though (if healthy), they’re all easily in our best 22.

Only seen the final minutes of the game very good win given all the circumstances.
It would be damn hard to drop any one if the cavalry is not not right.
Having seen the game or not i Would really like them to get CC-J into the team so worst performed player out CC-J in.

Really liked what I saw from Naish, reminded me a little of early days Shorty.
Yes. Impressive, calm and composed in pressure.
Impressed by RCD's pivot goal too.
Kelly panicked at the end this time.
He tried to emulate the match-winning goal versus Sydney, when he ran past the pack towards the forward pocket.

Not at all, im not saying he’s done at all. He’s just being found out with our mass exodus of mids out at the moment. Lambert, Cotchin and Prestia are as good a 2 way runners in the game as their is. When teams are getting run ons against us it’s Dave that’s being found out. He’s still solid as a rock when the game is on our terms and the ball is coming in slow. But the hard facts are with the current midfield teams are going to have phases of dominance. If we can limit that to a 2-3 goal run rather than a 5-6 goal run we will be in games longer and avoid the Melbourne/Geelong blow outs.
Tbh I feel like most of our defence has had trouble with the in and Outs of our team , not just Dave. Balta has had those moments too if not just as much as astbury. In any case astbury should not be out of this team , we need a bloody settled back 6 . If anything id like the extra tall to come in so our 6 can remain settled.

Naish was good but not premiership/finals team good, I don't reckon. Was a touch slow at times, for mine.

You could be right - Short was exactly the same in 2018. I thought he looked very caught out once the finals came. 2 years later he was B&F in a flag year.

With kids you need to buy the ticket, & take the ride

Getting in late but that is one of the best wins of recent years. I am amazed we won that game with our midfield outs against a midfield of Taranto, Josh Kelly, Hopper, Ward and co. System comes up clutch again. I thought GWS were certainties. Definitely wrong on that.

We're looking good for another crack at the flag. I never lost faith in our flag chances but no club is realistically reeling off a bunch of wins with nearly their whole midfield out. The media have been really sinking in the boots on these losses but they have meant little to me so it just makes me laugh every time I see the doubt.

Our best 22 is still better than any other team in the league by a distance. Injuries will determine he we finish 2021 so fingers crossed we're past the worst of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is , a 3rd string midfield .
That’s actually not as silly as it sounds , when was the last time a key forward was hit up with a couple of lace out passes that hogan got , not last week anyways . I’m no expert but it looks like our talls work within a telephone box , ffs change something to try and spread the defence some . Lynch had 5 shots at goal that’s at least something, jack was labouring but I’ve said that before

Just watching the replay, that kick to Dusty up forward in the second quarter by Naish was brilliant.

Impressive by the kid!
I thought Naish was really solid. Felt like he had a good metres gained on the night.

With Baker showing he can play full-time mid, how does our best 22 look now?

I'm at a bit of a loss...

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
McIntosh, Cotchin, Lambert
Edwards, Lynch, Bolton
Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Graham, Baker, Short, Pickett

It's still the same 22 from the GF. Is that right?

Do we perhaps drop Pickett and play another ruck?

Do we drop Astbury, back in Grimes/Balta/Broad and then play the extra ruck?

Does Stack maybe eventually come in for Castagna, given we seem to be less about pressure small forwards these days?

Is Pickett best 22?

It's a good problem to have but I'd love us to solve it come September, provided we even make it (check the ladder predictor, there are lots of tough games that could see us finishing on only 12 wins...)
In: RCD, Stack, CCJ
Out: Graham, Rioli, Castagna

Lol just watching replay of the sunday footy show for kmac goodness..

Damo mate what I'm sorry but how is that a free to Toby and not D Grimes? 2 players grappling equals play on, then green runs back to the ball and through Grimes???

I mean what
I think he was trying to point out there was 3 decisions with that piece of play, Free to either of the boys or play on and the AFL can comfortably justify each decision. It's a good example of how unique our game is, and also how difficult it is to umpire.

They claim they're having trouble getting umpires in at lower levels, surely this has got to add to this, but the AFL will jsut keep changing the rules and blaming the coaches.

Richmond – Liam Baker

The Tigers have unearthed another. Hailing from the small, unassuming town of Lake Grace in Western Australia, Baker’s year-on-year improvement since being taken with pick 18 in 2017’s rookie draft has been immense. Stepping up in the absence of Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia, Kane Lambert and Shane Edwards, Baker racked up a career-best 33 disposals and laid six tackles in Richmond’s thrilling win over the Giants on Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back