• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
With Baker and RCD showing they’re real deal inside mids it’s going to be both a head scratcher and a great problem to have when everyone’s fully fit.

That’s Dusty, Cotch, Prestia, Bolton, Edwards, Baker, Graham, RCD all capable of playing full time in the guts. Dogs being talked up as the GOAT midfield when they only bat 5 deep.. yeah right.

Apr 12, 2015
Nathalia Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
What’s wrong with it? He was in the 22, now he’s added to his game, why tf does that make him lose his spot?
Don't worry guy seems to not have any idea. He has been great since recovering from his shoulder problems. His gut running has gone through the roof.

Apr 12, 2015
Nathalia Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Soldo has proven he can play at the level. CCJ HAS PROVED NOTHING.
But he can't prove anything if he doesn't play? The only worry I have with him is why do they mainly play him forward wasn't he supposed to be a ruck. From games, I have seen that Ryan kid looks the goods.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
I can't stand Dermie - was a total prick of a player. Will never forgive him for breaking Tony Free's jaw in 94 - in a total nothing game on a miserable weathered day at the G, from memory. was a prick of an act by an angry old man. Tony Free was never able to get himself right again after that - re-breaking the jaw in the preseason before doing a knee which ended his career basically.
I don't watch Fox much but I like his commentary/observation. On the Riewoldt studs incident. I don't even know the rule, should it have been a free?
Since Commeti retired I watch games on mute.

Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
But he can't prove anything if he doesn't play? The only worry I have with him is why do they mainly play him forward wasn't he supposed to be a ruck. From games, I have seen that Ryan kid looks the goods.
The ruck concern for me is an injury to Nank. Balta will get us through that particular game. But then we have Chol/CJ as next options. Although Chol seems to be No 1 ruck in the VFL I don't really rate Chol so I'd like CJ played a few games now to prepare for that injury. Reward is lose some run which may not cost a game.
Risk is Chol or CJ not being capable when they are called up. Chol as our man ruck in a final would basically equate to a loss.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
what numbers did dow rack up in the vfl?
Screenshot_20210518-090100_Footy Live.jpg

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
At the business end of the season, Graham has been a lock in our team for 4 years. RCD has been fantastic in his 3 games but as quick proxies, Graham has record more disposals AND more pressure acts in each game. Jack Graham has a proven track record as our clear best pressure player - as long as pressure is our one wood we will not be dropping our best pressure player unless he his out of form and clearly this season he is not, he has in fact added ball winning to his repertoire.
This pressure thing is a bit lop sided because Graham rarely gets the ball in the heat of a pack, but tends to wait outside and then pressures. Valuable, but he is no Cotchin in that respect. Hence big pressure numbers.

What Graham does better than anybody else at Richmond, perhaps equal with Lambert is run the lines linking up play. I didn't see this weeks game so hard to comment other than he only had 3 clearances for the match, but from the highlights every time we went forward, Graham seemed to be in the think of it, running past linking, That is what he is very good at. His 23 disposals was a good week for him, he normally averages about 16. Given more midfield time I think would be more his norm. But he is not a better player than our full time mids so has to play the half forward linking role. At times I have been critical of Graham, but right now in full fitness, which he has to be to perform a his best, he is a very good player and would be horrible to play on because he would just run you into the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
what numbers did dow rack up in the vfl?

not sure if his or even CCJ's numbers can be really taken with too much salt - GWS reserves were awful and only had 6 afl players in it. They were pretty close to playing against a VFL reserve side the more i look at it.

Think there will be no changes - one tops. Dont think CCJ will get a go-esp[ecially since the Lions dont really have a damaging ruck combo

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
With Baker and RCD showing they’re real deal inside mids it’s going to be both a head scratcher and a great problem to have when everyone’s fully fit.

That’s Dusty, Cotch, Prestia, Bolton, Edwards, Baker, Graham, RCD all capable of playing full time in the guts. Dogs being talked up as the GOAT midfield when they only bat 5 deep.. yeah right.

RCD is so exciting. Inside qualities but outside speed and agility also.

daird

All Australian
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
not sure if his or even CCJ's numbers can be really taken with too much salt - GWS reserves were awful and only had 6 afl players in it. They were pretty close to playing against a VFL reserve side the more i look at it.

Think there will be no changes - one tops. Dont think CCJ will get a go-esp[ecially since the Lions dont really have a damaging ruck combo
I thought we were playing against the AusKick kids at some stages

I don't watch Fox much but I like his commentary/observation. On the Riewoldt studs incident. I don't even know the rule, should it have been a free?
Since Commeti retired I watch games on mute.

yes but not for studs up
unrealistic attempt

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
yes but not for studs up
unrealistic attempt
Did they change that rule after Toby kept extending his boot into oncoming players in marking contests? That was face on JR uses his studs into the back of opponents occasionally.
I don’t think it’s an unrealistic attempt to mark though because most times he’ll get his hands to the ball

Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Did they change that rule after Toby kept extending his boot into oncoming players in marking contests? That was face on JR uses his studs into the back of opponents occasionally.
I don’t think it’s an unrealistic attempt to mark though because most times he’ll get his hands to the ball
yeah, studs into an "oncoming player" is the dangerous situation.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

good as he was think baker will go to the back half again.

dusty to have a run in the twos.:rolleyes:

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
With Baker showing he can play full-time mid, how does our best 22 look now?

I'm at a bit of a loss...

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
McIntosh, Cotchin, Lambert
Edwards, Lynch, Bolton
Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Graham, Baker, Short, Pickett

It's still the same 22 from the GF. Is that right?

Do we perhaps drop Pickett and play another ruck?

Do we drop Astbury, back in Grimes/Balta/Broad and then play the extra ruck?

Does Stack maybe eventually come in for Castagna, given we seem to be less about pressure small forwards these days?

Is Pickett best 22?

It's a good problem to have but I'd love us to solve it come September, provided we even make it (check the ladder predictor, there are lots of tough games that could see us finishing on only 12 wins...)

The most recent premiership 22 is still hardwicks preference IMHO.

Pickett is best 22.

I think he wants to find a spot for Aarts too.

Looking at the grand final emergencies; markov gone, caddy out of favor, Chol ditto, Aarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back