• 37: Connor Menadue

• 38: Noah Balta

• 42: Ryan Garthwaite

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 47: Ivan Soldo

• 48: Liam Baker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've only seen one game of Chol in the ressies and he looked like an extremely athletic tall kid who had absolutely no idea how to read the game. That was a few years ago and he was playing as a forward. I hope he's a become a better prospect as a ruckman.

would be his second afl game
Fair enough to have blocked out all memory of his first game though.
It was a dark day! 😡
But it created a great opening scene for the 2017 montage!!😃

I've only seen one game of Chol in the ressies and he looked like an extremely athletic tall kid who had absolutely no idea how to read the game. That was a few years ago and he was playing as a forward. I hope he's a become a better prospect as a ruckman.
Well not a whole lot better, but he hasn't done a lot of rucking due to Soldo/CCJ/Hampson/Griffiths etc, but he does a bit what Balta does, he can be aggressive and quick one the ball hits the ground. He at least has the spring to get above the big blokes, and is 200cm himself. He is a regular goal kicker, so is no mug resting forward.

The more I think about it, the more I reckon Chol will come in. His mobility will challenge Bellchambers and his forward play will force him to be accountable. Balta will destroy any 2nd Ruck the bombers put forward.

CCJ is one year early.
If either Chol or CJ play AFL this week, then it means they will both be first ruck in their teams. Which will make them focus on rucking more than usual.

Was Astbury on a drip in the lead-up to the prelim?
Be crazy if he had done something out of routine in the lead-up to the match.
It doesn't bother me whether or not Rioli plays for Dreamtime.
He is not an essential player anymore.
Has to be dropped if he is mediocre again.
The other guys are working hard to cement their spots.
In terms of Collingwood, our team is radically different to last year.
Baker, Balta, Bolton, Stack in the mix.
Balta is an amazing talent and should not be overused as key ruck.
We need him absolutely cherry ripe for finals.

Surely not serious about Rioli? Whilst I admit he has been out of form at his best Dan is a match winner. Watch the GWS final in 2017. He came up in every pivotal moment. His chase and tackling pressure is immense as well. Big game player. I'd have Rioli over Butters every day.

can't agree with this.

If he was rested he wouldn't have played any form of football at all.

Playing in the VFL means he was fit and ready to go but his form and the teams current form didn't warrant his selection.
Of course you can be rested (managed is probably a better word) in the VFL. If they wanted to reduce his gametime, it's the perfect spot to play him. The slightly slower pace will hopefully also mean he won't be as banged up and he will be fresh coming back in for Dreamtime

Of course you can be rested (managed is probably a better word) in the VFL. If they wanted to reduce his gametime, it's the perfect spot to play him. The slightly slower pace will hopefully also mean he won't be as banged up and he will be fresh coming back in for Dreamtime

managed and rested are two totally different outcomes.

managed minutes in the VFL yes I'll 100% agree with.

rested in the VFL, no way. rested = shouldnt play at all.

In: CCJ
If Rioli does return, I would omit Bolton.
Baker's goal on the 50-metre line was impressive.

Callum Coleman-Jones

10 disposals, nine hit-outs, four tackles & four clearances

“Played the majority of the ruck with (Ivan) Soldo being out, swapping with ‘Cholly’ (Mabior Chol). I though he was fantastic around the ball with his ‘hit tos’ and his ability to be able to get used when we have to if we kick the ball forward. He didn’t have an impact on the scoreboard, but he had a big presence around the stoppages, which was great.”

10 disposals and nine hitouts does not cut it in the VFL for a call up. Would be shocked if he was named, opportunity or not.

I suspect we will go small, concede the hitouts and run Essendon off their feet. Rioli will come in for Soldo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your latest data is very recent. 2 weeks ago Bolton kicked 4.
I was looking at the very latest data but personally I would be disappointed if Bolton, anyone, was omitted.
They don't deserve to be omitted.
The club has caught itself in a bind because they promote Rioli so much for Dreamtime.

I was looking at the very latest data but personally I would be disappointed if Bolton, anyone, was omitted.
They don't deserve to be omitted.
The club has caught itself in a bind because they promote Rioli so much for Dreamtime.
It's a shame someone goes, but Rioli is a confirmed in.
Dreamtimegate

Yes, I just saw Joe Daniher is out too.
Aggravated groin.
I had medical appointments all day and was only aware previously Smith was out.
Tipung scored three goals last week.
It will be interesting to see who plays on him, certainly needs to be negated.
Shiel scored two goals.
Heppell and Merrett were among their best.

Last edited:
I like Devon Smith because he is sort of in your face.
They are irritating players but they have a touch of mongrel.
Grimes to Stringer, perhaps Astbury.
Can't allow Tipung to run through an open forward line.
Fantasia is out too.

Tipung scored three goals last week.
He's relatively short.
It will be interesting to see who plays on him, certainly needs to be negated.
He'll be negated. Stack may be a good chance. If Grimes plays on him he won't see the ball.

That's a good point.
Tipung's build is that small nuggety type.
Grimes and Astbury are not suitable.
Stack is probably a better match up.

Back