Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 21 9.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 907091

Can someone with access to the HeraldSun articles leave a comment and tell Slobbo to just fck off? Or "at" him on Twitter or something? Like seriously, when do we get an actual *ingg break in the media?

First and foremost, look at any Premiership side, especially those that win a few in a short space of time. Tell me that all of those sides don't have a blessed or near-blessed run with injury? You simply have to have your best players out there to win it, system makes a club good but gun players makes it great. You cannot tell me Hawthorn didn't have most of their best players almost always available and match fit?

But, as *ingg always, people still forget...

- Were we not missing Vlastuin for like 10-12 weeks with a shoulder?
- Didn't Houli miss a large patch?
- Didn't Shane Edwards miss a large patch after hurting his hip in round 2 vs. Collingwood?
- Didn't Conca break his foot and miss the rest of the season after round 6? (best 22 at the time)
- Didn't our second tall get concussed for the millionth time, forcing us to play a small forward line that ended up being a boon and a thing to be praised by the very media telling us we were kissed on the dck?
- Didn't we lose like 3 players late in the year, forcing us to play some guys (Broad, Graham, Townsend) that ended up being Premiership players out of nowhere?

-
Forgive me if I'm mistaken but did we not lose the generation's greatest defender for the entirety of the season in round 1?
- Did we not continue to lose players consistently (senior, top 8-10 players) up until halfway through the year, barely staying afloat until we finally got them back one by one and then managed to win TWELVE ******* STRAIGHT GAMES ?!
- Despite this, didn't Prestia carry an achilles through the whole season, our best and fairest winner?
- Didn't we cop injuries in the prelim and still win it, but also forcing us to play a debutant in the grand final and win easy?

Seriously, memories are way, WAY too short and that headline annoyed me enough to want to post this rant. Even forgetting the above, how many top players have we lost to injury before they could truly flourish, especially in a time when we really needed more guys to stand up? Just to name a few, Nathan Brown, Nathan Foley, Mark Coughlan... All best and fairest ilk players, all in a time when we needed someone other than Richo, all had their careers ruined by injury.

Just give us a ******* break, 2017 was decent enough injury-wise but only if you're comparing us to Collingwood who did have more than they deserved. Otherwise, we had our fair share too. Just bugger off Slobbo.
Is that robbo guy drubk ?? Legit , blessed with injuries 2019 we were cooked

These idiots make it sound like it's a astrik to your name when you win a flag with your best players... Umm isn't that the whole point of recruiters recruiting a strong list with depth etc. Fml

Balta played the whole game on McDonald I thought, but given how average he is, he ran off him and intercepted well. Also Melbourne's forward set up was pretty weird, one tall and Fritsch basically allowed Balta and Broad a bit more leeway that what would be normal. I still think we are a bit short without Astbury and would think Balta would stay in regardless when he is back, as long as his football stood up.

May did the same to Lynch to good effect all game and I'm sure every opposition analyst in the league was taking close notice.

Fortunately, few of them have a player with May's attributes to pull it off. He had 16 kicks at 90% DE and gained them a stack of ground.

Glad we got the W on the board, now the tough run starts with injuries, QLD hub sans Edwards & Houli........this will be a true measure of where the team is at. I believe this list has what it takes to pinch a few wins in the HUB and set us up for the back end of the season similar to 2019.

Glad Lambert got himself into some decent form, loved what Balta gave us even though he reminds me of a young Rance (like a bull out of a gate, everything done at full speed), didn't mind the effort from Arts however I think we have better smalls than him.

Caddy also got a bit of it and won some important 1 on 1 battles, great to see.

Bring on the next 4 - 6 weeks, hope the lads enjoy a challenge

Is that robbo guy drubk ?? Legit , blessed with injuries 2019 we were cooked

These idiots make it sound like it's a astrik to your name when you win a flag with your best players... Umm isn't that the whole point of recruiters recruiting a strong list with depth etc. Fml
Doesn't Slobbo barrack for the druggos?....enough said 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership corner!?

Who knows mate, we are an equal chance with 3 other clubs IMO. I can see us winning our next two and from there, with momentum up we could go on a run. There a lot of tiger supporters writing us off, like they did last year, around the same time, yet we got our act together when it mattered and went bang, who can say that wont happen again ?

What was really impressive to me yesterday is that we ran the game out, even with 1 only on the bench, we have not done that since the blues game. That tells me, fitness wise we have turned the cornor. We also have a list of impressive kids, finally being able to get a solid block in the 1's. When posters on here write us off, they forget our kids in the VFL have lost less then 6 games in 3 years, i rate our kids better then most sides, so if any side can handle the injuries we have, its us.

Add a layer that we have not lost in Queensland for 10 years, the afl basically have given us 5 rounds at our home ground. I say belt up and enjoy the ride, as im now invested in the season due to the excitement in watching our kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back