Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 21 9.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Grimes Balta Vlastuin
HB: Broad Short Baker ** OK backline for Sydney with no Buddy or Reid? May consider Garth for teams with 2-3 big forwards
C: Naish Martin K-Mac
HF: Lambert Riewoldt Bolton
F: Aarts CCJ/Lynch? Castagna
R: Soldo/CCJ Ross Caddy
I: Chol Pickett Higgins Graham

Considered Egg as 7th backman but went for Pickett as a HBF/mid relief off the bench
No Cotch Prestia Edwards makes the midfield look a lot different. Went Martin Ross Caddy as first choice with Pickett, Higgins, Graham, Lambert, Bolton & maybe Castagna, Vlastuin, Aarts all to have a run through there?

Gone Naish ahead of Turner, Dow or Stack on a wing.
Just realised I've left Rioli out, but meh....
CCJ in for Lynch if the finger stops him playing. Otherwise unsure between CCJ or Soldo to replace Nank.

Really concerned about how Turner, Dow, CCJ, Egg, Markov, Garth, English, etc retain form and match fitness if there are no more scratch matches?
Maybe we are actually at an advantage in this as you would think Cotch, Prestia, Nank & possibly Houli & Edwards down the track would be more capable of stepping straight back into the team without playing reserves than other teams will be using younger players to replace injured players?

B: Grimes Balta Vlastuin
HB: Broad Short Baker ** OK backline for Sydney with no Buddy or Reid? May consider Garth for teams with 2-3 big forwards
C: Naish Martin K-Mac
HF: Lambert Riewoldt Bolton
F: Aarts CCJ/Lynch? Castagna
R: Soldo/CCJ Ross Caddy
I: Chol Pickett Higgins Graham

Considered Egg as 7th backman but went for Pickett as a HBF/mid relief off the bench
No Cotch Prestia Edwards makes the midfield look a lot different. Went Martin Ross Caddy as first choice with Pickett, Higgins, Graham, Lambert, Bolton & maybe Castagna, Vlastuin, Aarts all to have a run through there?

Gone Naish ahead of Turner, Dow or Stack on a wing.
Just realised I've left Rioli out, but meh....
CCJ in for Lynch if the finger stops him playing. Otherwise unsure between CCJ or Soldo to replace Nank.

Really concerned about how Turner, Dow, CCJ, Egg, Markov, Garth, English, etc retain form and match fitness if there are no more scratch matches?
Maybe we are actually at an advantage in this as you would think Cotch, Prestia, Nank & possibly Houli & Edwards down the track would be more capable of stepping straight back into the team without playing reserves than other teams will be using younger players to replace injured players?

2mums must play if no prestia and chimp

Would've liked to see him launch as few over 55 like we know he can do
Admittedly didn’t see the whole game, but I thought he showed a very nice low hard quick. The 50m pass to Reiwoldt that hit him on the chest (dropped/ spoiled) was a purler. Ok one of these nice kicks was intercepted and resulted in a goal. How good was his marking? First time I have agreed with the Rance comparison

Can i just say, big toast to Jack Higgins today. He’s coming back a treat.
Give the man some love , has been the pick of our smalls by some way too , Improving by the week, had a real impact today. Glad he chip passed to George 😆 Higgo ain’t the best set shot , he should have snapped that earlier one . Credit it to the kid how hard he’s worked to get back

It's nice to have maccas back. Probably behind ellis in some areas but more hardness and his size adds something different.

The wing looks more solid with caddy looking A grade and Edwards quality.

Then again, the dees are quite s**t on the outside. What's benell doin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield rotations are going to be interesting.Dusty only going st about 60% he’s hurting every time he gets tackled. No Cotch, Shedda, Prestia !!
Didn’t we play Vlaustin and Caddy mid for a couple of games last year. Might have to get creative again
Get Bolton in there ,

Really great game today aside from the injury carnage. I feared Meatball did his knee again...massive sigh of relief. Poor old Nank, can't take a trick. 😧 Hopefully Cotch is only 2-3 weeks.

Lambert clearly BOG, one of his best games and so good to see him back to his best, made a big difference. We'll need more of that over the coming weeks with arguably our two best pure mids going down.

Loved Balta's game, so much yet to come, he's a ripper, showed a fair bit of defensive nouse aside from the obvious athleticism. Chol's kicking was a highlight, still hard to work out where to play him, he's not going to be competitive against the top rucks, but he's a reasonable pinch-hitter. I'd like to see him trialed on the wing over the longer term personally, he's potentially a nightmare 1:1 match-up there and I'd like to see him getting more ball in space so he can use his kicking to best effect. Aarts had a good debut, he's not a great kick but he has some good attributes. Solid citizen.

Short really stood up on several occasions today with courage and ball-winning tenacity, liked his game and that kick down Lynch's throat was a bonafide zinger.

Loved the hardness of Bach, Broad, Grimes and Caddy's games, Broad is continually underrated much the same as Grimes was for far too long, some of his disposal and 1%ers under pressure today were really first class (often are and often missed by most it seems) and he's a seriously tough unit.

Jack had a much better performance, plenty of life left in him yet, wait until he gets some sun on his freckles and a crowd to cheer him on. Lynch had a really good game apart from those couple he would have wanted to kick.

I'd really like to see us give Vlas a good run in the guts next week. I'm sure many will argue that he's crucial in defence and I concur, but with Cotch and Presti out we need him more in the middle. We have a downright elderly midfield and he's in his prime with the right physique and all the tools to start shouldering more of the most important load.

Chol certainly deserves another game and Soldo will come back in to replace Nank (assuming he'll be out), he'll be hungry to press his claims and can hopefully dominate whoever the Swans can rustle up. Garth looms as the most obvious one to bring in with Grimes to play Vlas' role directing proceedings initially and can then step in to provide more cover if needed.

Really proud of our effort today, our pressure was back near its proper level, most played near enough to their best and we showed a ton of character at both ends of a tough, must-win contest.

It's nice to have maccas back. Probably behind ellis in some areas but more hardness and his size adds something different.

The wing looks more solid with caddy looking A grade and Edwards quality.

Then again, the dees are quite sh*t on the outside. What's benell doin
McIntosh was horrendous. Caddy wasn’t sighted in the first half.

McIntosh was horrendous. Caddy wasn’t sighted in the first half.

Mate, do you ever post positive and Caddy was nearly BOG. Maybe you were watching a different game?

Midfield rotations are going to be interesting.Dusty only going st about 60% he’s hurting every time he gets tackled. No Cotch, Shedda, Prestia !!
Didn’t we play Vlaustin and Caddy mid for a couple of games last year. Might have to get creative again

Floss would be great

It'd be suicide to move him from defence though

We’ll need a couple of bigger bodies too. Cotch and Prestia our best clearance players

Let's go rcd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back