• Jayden Short

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 21 9.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than pick on some very ordinary tiger players despite winning, you have to ask is the Melbourne coach safe.

Seems to me they could take a leaf out of the Caracella book and just play blokes in their best positions and just allow em to take the game on.
Fmd there just doesnt seem to be any sense to the way they play and where they play a lot their players.They also imo lack midfield depth which is criminal after all the early picks they have had.

The one i could never understand was Tom McDonald he looked the next big thing when it came to key defenders yet they moved him fwd got rid of Dunn, Frost, and Howe only to trade away big picks to get Lever and May. They also traded out Hogan a bloke who was kicking at least 2 goals a game for them from the get go only to never seek a replacement.

They have tomlinson who is an endurance machine and should be playing in a hit up role like JR they have two promising kp players not getting a game and blokes like Oliver, Brayshaw and Viney who have obvious talent all going backwards.I dunno it just doesnt seem right they have obvious talent but they are going nowhere.

There was at least 10 players against us and you would scratch your head and wonder why they are getting a game.But its not all down to the players they just seem to lack in lots of things that come back to the coaches.

Rather than pick on some very ordinary tiger players despite winning, you have to ask is the Melbourne coach safe.

Seems to me they could take a leaf out of the Caracella book and just play blokes in their best positions and just allow em to take the game on.
Fmd there just doesnt seem to be any sense to the way they play and where they play a lot their players.They also imo lack midfield depth which is criminal after all the early picks they have had.

The one i could never understand was Tom McDonald he looked the next big thing when it came to key defenders yet they moved him fwd got rid of Dunn, Frost, and Howe only to trade away big picks to get Lever and May. They also traded out Hogan a bloke who was kicking at least 2 goals a game for them from the get go only to never seek a replacement.

They have tomlinson who is an endurance machine and should be playing in a hit up role like JR they have two promising kp players not getting a game and blokes like Oliver, Brayshaw and Viney who have obvious talent all going backwards.I dunno it just doesnt seem right they have obvious talent but they are going nowhere.

There was at least 10 players against us and you would scratch your head and wonder why they are getting a game.But its not all down to the players they just seem to lack in lots of things that come back to the coaches.
When has Caracella ever been a senior coach?

Feel like this will be our best line up.next week

B Broad Grimes vlastuin
Hb short balta baker
C McIntosh J Graham J Caddy
HF J higgins j riewoldt K lambert
F rioli ccj/lynch aarts
R soldo Martin pickett
Int naish/ross chol bolton george

The naish/ross depends who they want to replace houli at hbf so we can play a loose in defence

love Bakes...but gees he has fade outs...let’s hope the backline generals slap him in the chops

Last edited:
Feel like this will be our best line up.next week

B Broad Grimes vlastuin
Hb short balta baker
C McIntosh J Graham J Caddy
HF J higgins j riewoldt K lambert
F rioli ccj/lynch aarts
R soldo Martin pickett
Int naish/ross chol bolton george

The naish/ross depends who they want to replace houli at hbf so we can play a loose in defence
Totally agree with you on this lineup. But maybe give Lynch 1 weeks rest to get his hand right and play CCJ at full forward. As everyones being mentioning here the Swans are very light on rucks and big men in general so having 2 mobile big men in Chol and CCJ and then Soldo to take most of centre square ruck duties might just overwhelm the Swans. Thought JR8 was looking more mobile against the Dees so hopefully he might get off the chain and do so damage. Stay safe out there everyone. Here comes lockdown version 2. ☹️

Reckon Lynch will have to sit this one out.

Sounds like Dow and Ross could potentially miss based on their write-ups.

Out: Cotchin, Nankervis, Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Lynch
And their replacements respectively;
In: Graham, Soldo, Pickett, Bolton, Stack, CCJ

Broad Grimes Vlastuin
Baker Balta Short
Caddy Martin McIntosh
Bolton CCJ Rioli
Castagna Riewoldt Higgins
Soldo Pickett Lambert

Graham, Stack, Aarts, Chol

E: Dow, Ross, Naish, DES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon Lynch will have to sit this one out.

Sounds like Dow and Ross could potentially miss based on their write-ups.

Out: Cotchin, Nankervis, Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Lynch
And their replacements respectively;
In: Graham, Soldo, Pickett, Bolton, Stack, CCJ

Broad Grimes Vlastuin
Baker Balta Short
Caddy Martin McIntosh
Bolton CCJ Rioli
Castagna Riewoldt Higgins
Soldo Pickett Lambert

Graham, Stack, Aarts, Chol

E: Dow, Ross, Naish, DES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our outs this week could beat druggies or the crows on their own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think Blake was the one choosing player positions at the club? Guess the head coaches role was to wash his assistants cars and make coffee lol

Swans debuting 2 new players in Dylan Stephens and Chad Warner.

Regarding their rucks:
Amartey joins rucks Sam Naismith (knee), Callum Sinclair (knee) and Michael Knoll (knee) on the sidelines.
The lack of experienced ruckmen available in the red and white saw West Coast ruckman Nic Naitanui score a perfect 10 against the Swans in the AFL Coaches Association's AFL Champion Player Award, with 197cm Hayden McLean left to battle the star Eagle by himself.

Lance Franklin (hamstring) and Sam Reid (calf) have already been ruled out and Tom McCartin (concussion) will miss another match too.

Yikes.

Swans debuting 2 new players in Dylan Stephens and Chad Warner.

Regarding their rucks:
Amartey joins rucks Sam Naismith (knee), Callum Sinclair (knee) and Michael Knoll (knee) on the sidelines.
The lack of experienced ruckmen available in the red and white saw West Coast ruckman Nic Naitanui score a perfect 10 against the Swans in the AFL Coaches Association's AFL Champion Player Award, with 197cm Hayden McLean left to battle the star Eagle by himself.

Lance Franklin (hamstring) and Sam Reid (calf) have already been ruled out and Tom McCartin (concussion) will miss another match too.

Yikes.
That’s a lot of injuries but only 1 decent player there.

I'm starting to think Dow isn't as close to a debut as we think. Hasn't even been named as an emergency yet this year - neither has RCD.

X didn't have a lot of praise for him in his review either. Described his game as "okay".

Pickett seems like he'll be in for sure though, probably with a new role off half back, unless they slot Stack back in there or bring in Naishy.

As much as i would love for Lynch to play, i think they will rest him for one game.

Outs: Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Nank and Lynch
Ins: Soldo for Nank, CCJ for Lynch, Stack or Ross for Houli, Bolton for Edwards, Pickett for Prestia and Graham for Cotchin

Now, if they decide to debut Dow then one of the above won't be in. Id say Stack/Ross would be the unlucky one even though id have one of them in before Pickett.

Anyways you look at it it's still a damn strong side, excellent depth!

Last edited:
Looks like it's going to be raining

Id go in with one tall less than last week and replace lynch (if he's out) with a small

Get soldo to replace nank, chol the chop out

That’s a lot of injuries but only 1 decent player there.
Good time to get the swans without Buddy and their 2 best rucks available. Reid is the kind of player that comes in and will play a blinder against us.

The Egg will come in for Houli surely. Hope RCD gets his shot. Graham to play Cotchins role.

I reckon we can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back