• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Would be a lot of changes but with injuries, stay home players, and poor form and poor performance then id go like this

FB/ Vlastuin - Garthwaite - Grimes. yep bring in the so called key defender and play Grimes in his customary third tall role.
HB/ Pickett - Balta - Stack. Pickett for broad to give a bit of run and ball getting. Stack for Houli.

R/ Soldo - Martin - Lambert. Soldo for Nankervis is a no brainer at least he wont get spanked like Chol if we play Chol there.
C/ Naish - Caddy - Bolton. FFS it is time for Caddy to stand up and play like a proper big bodied mid.Time to give the other two a game in the midfield.

HF/ Aarts - Riewoldt - Dow. fmd how long are they going to keep gifting Rioli games just give Dow a go he can do no worse.Reckon he can also be a rotater.
FF/ RC-D - Lynch - Castagna. Not happy with the butcher Castagna but he plays. 193CM RC-D 3rd tall rotating with Dusty midfield.

INT/ Ross - Baker - Higgins - CC-J. Ross for Prestia, CC-J for Chol he will at least take a mark and probably kick a few goal.

Outs would be a lot!!!! as many as 8 it and WILL NOT happen, butyou could make a good case for all of em.

Broad - Garthfield. Garthfield more capable of playing on talls.Frees up Grimes.
Prestia - Ross. An inside mid for an inside mid.Ross has size and although short so does Prestia.Agian like for like.
Cotchin - RC-D, An inside out clearance player for the same thing.A bit of size for size as well and pace away from the contest.
Houli - Stack. No brainer imo with the added bonus of Stack at least being able to defend and wont crap himself.
Short - Pickett. Pickett natural position and similar reasons to houli Stack.
Rioli - Dow. He has been very poor how long do we wait. I know wait to he has a good one which he is bound to then watch him slwly revert back.
Chol - CC-J. Imo one can take a good grab and looks more likely as a ruck/fwd.
McIntosh - Bolton. Fmd how poor is McIntosh he just doesnt get it and he is so fumbly.
Who is Garthfield?

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Y
Would be a lot of changes but with injuries, stay home players, and poor form and poor performance then id go like this

FB/ Vlastuin - Garthwaite - Grimes. yep bring in the so called key defender and play Grimes in his customary third tall role.
HB/ Pickett - Balta - Stack. Pickett for broad to give a bit of run and ball getting. Stack for Houli.

R/ Soldo - Martin - Lambert. Soldo for Nankervis is a no brainer at least he wont get spanked like Chol if we play Chol there.
C/ Naish - Caddy - Bolton. FFS it is time for Caddy to stand up and play like a proper big bodied mid.Time to give the other two a game in the midfield.

HF/ Aarts - Riewoldt - Dow. fmd how long are they going to keep gifting Rioli games just give Dow a go he can do no worse.Reckon he can also be a rotater.
FF/ RC-D - Lynch - Castagna. Not happy with the butcher Castagna but he plays. 193CM RC-D 3rd tall rotating with Dusty midfield.

INT/ Ross - Baker - Higgins - CC-J. Ross for Prestia, CC-J for Chol he will at least take a mark and probably kick a few goal.

Outs would be a lot!!!! as many as 8 it and WILL NOT happen, butyou could make a good case for all of em.

Broad - Garthfield. Garthfield more capable of playing on talls.Frees up Grimes.
Prestia - Ross. An inside mid for an inside mid.Ross has size and although short so does Prestia.Agian like for like.
Cotchin - RC-D, An inside out clearance player for the same thing.A bit of size for size as well and pace away from the contest.
Houli - Stack. No brainer imo with the added bonus of Stack at least being able to defend and wont crap himself.
Short - Pickett. Pickett natural position and similar reasons to houli Stack.
Rioli - Dow. He has been very poor how long do we wait. I know wait to he has a good one which he is bound to then watch him slwly revert back.
Chol - CC-J. Imo one can take a good grab and looks more likely as a ruck/fwd.
McIntosh - Bolton. Fmd how poor is McIntosh he just doesnt get it and he is so fumbly.
Maybe I've misread but Ross is 187cm, hardly short.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Fraser Turner has played some good footy recently across hb and praised by X (who hasn’t he wrapped 😄) for improved contested game. Allegedly put on some decent size over preseason.
He strikes me as your reliable type nothing flashy but gets the job done.
Ticks a few boxes- big engine, neat footskills, natural football brain. Maybe behind a few others but a bit of a smokey to debut over the next 2 weeks

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Fraser Turner has played some good footy recently across hb and praised by X (who hasn’t he wrapped 😄) for improved contested game. Allegedly put on some decent size over preseason.
He strikes me as your reliable type nothing flashy but gets the job done.
Ticks a few boxes- big engine, neat footskills, natural football brain. Maybe behind a few others but a bit of a smokey to debut over the next 2 weeks
It's going to take awhile to realise which players X thinks are spuds. :D

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
He hasn’t given anyone a bake yet.
Those days are behind us all positive reinforcement now. Looking back at some of those Barassi and Hafey sprays always makes me laugh. Players would p!ss off home these days if a coach tried that
Hopefully late in the year he calls one of them a spud before they get delisted :D

AJM3121

Debutant
Sep 13, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Just watched Grimes interviewed about hub life and surely he’s the most impressive orators on our list. Cotch is very good but mostly cliched media trained based. Jack and Titch would round out top 3-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Just watched Grimes interviewed about hub life and surely he’s the most impressive orators on our list. Cotch is very good but mostly cliched media trained based. Jack and Titch would round out top 3-4

what did he say? anything noteworthy?

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Apologies for the fantasy related intrusion all, but what roll does Baker play these days? Owned him in draft when he had that great stint of form across HB, but appears to be more lockdown now if im not mistaken? Thought he may be an attractive option in deep draft league with Houli and Edwards out etc, but if he's more lockdown and not going to be one of the guys they're lookign to kick to then I wont bother.

I other news though, pretty keen to see how CCJ goes this week if he's named. We're struggling for (good) talls badly, so he's one I've got my eye on personally.

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
Apologies for the fantasy related intrusion all, but what roll does Baker play these days? Owned him in draft when he had that great stint of form across HB, but appears to be more lockdown now if im not mistaken? Thought he may be an attractive option in deep draft league with Houli and Edwards out etc, but if he's more lockdown and not going to be one of the guys they're lookign to kick to then I wont bother.

I other news though, pretty keen to see how CCJ goes this week if he's named. We're struggling for (good) talls badly, so he's one I've got my eye on personally.
I don't think he'll ever get the gig as a lockdown player given his size. He, like most of our players is just struggling with form. He may start to get some midfield minutes due to our injuries so that's something to keep an eye on.
CCJ will be a gun and I'd take a punt on him if he gets named and is cheap. Not really a Grundy type but a genuine Ruck/Forward who'll clunk big marks and kick bags down the track.

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Y

Maybe I've misread but Ross is 187cm, hardly short.
Yeah you miss read. Was saying even though Prestia is short he is a solid chunky unit with the body type to play inside which he does well.At 187 and being big bodied Ross is similarly suited for the role.

Reckon they are kidding themselves playing Ross across h/b when we have so many who can play there. Especially when Prestia, Cotchin and Edwards all key inside ball winners are missing.Play Ross in his best role that clearly is as a mid and we could do with him in that role with the outs we have.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah you miss read. Was saying even though Prestia is short he is a solid chunky unit with the body type to play inside which he does well.At 187 and being big bodied Ross is similarly suited for the role.

Reckon they are kidding themselves playing Ross across h/b when we have so many who can play there. Especially when Prestia, Cotchin and Edwards all key inside ball winners are missing.Play Ross in his best role that clearly is as a mid and we could do with him in that role with the outs we have.
Ross could not have ben more impressive last season in the middle, perhaps they are just trying to give him a second bow because as I said in the last post I replied to, with these short Q's maybe they knew he wouldn't get a great deal of game time in the guts.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC

I reckon he'll be our next captain.

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
When has Caracella ever been a senior coach?
Never said he was !!! Its widely acknowledged that it was Caracella,s game plan that changed us from a rabble to a successful team. For that team to be successful we had to start playing blokes in their best positions. Something the club acknowledged.

We had zero success under Hardwick in his first 7 seasons we played a totally different way to the way we do now. A clean out of coaches a sudden new way of playing that is attributable to others and it really isnt hard to fathom that blokes like Caracella did not need to be head coach to make a significant impact or contribution.
But hey we just cant attribute praise to others at the expense of the bloke in charge :rolleyes:

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
You think Blake was the one choosing player positions at the club? Guess the head coaches role was to wash his assistants cars and make coffee lol
LOL so Hardwick was a doyen of coaches before Caracella and a pile of other assistants came to the club. Im pretty certain it was those assistants who SUGGESTED we play the players to their strengths something Hardwick had struggled with for 7 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back