Votes: 127 46.7%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 135 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn’t Brayshaw be playing in the midfield instead of a wing?
And play Hunt off the HBF where he looked like a star a couple of years ago.
Partracca is a midfielder as well. If his tank isn’t good yet they should sack their fitness staff.
Goodwin is listening to Troy Chaplin too much I think

lol petracca is way too fat to play full time midfield well

Stack, Baker, and Ross have not only taken there chances ,but have have made the team better .
Kudos to Bellis for his last few weeks. wing is his spot, as is the same for Kmac.
Prematch was really well done, but I thought the attendance was a little poor.
Tacking was through the roof 😊😊😊😊.
All in all, a good night.

Not sure who comes in for Jack.
, Maybe CCJ ???????
If Astbury misses, the garthy would be the obvious pick.
Anyway bring on next week.

To the people knocking Lynch... Seriously ?
The guy spent the lions share of last season out with a PCL injury
Had a very limiting pre season in the run up to this year.
Is trying to fit in and learn the patterns and idiosyncrasies of his new team mates on the fly.
And after all that was still coming second after the Port game in the Coleman ..

Some people really need to revamp there expectations
I just think people are frustrated. because its like having a big new car that you can’t drive.
More frustrating now is Jack out which denies them games to work it out, so it’ll go on for a while yet.

Jack looked to be moving fine after the game I reckon 10 day break maybe misses 1-2 games.

I'm not an expert but just seemed to be moving very normally, he did seem very nervous though so I'm probably completely wrong.

Finals like intensity early doors last night and then the Damm walls broke for em. Effectively conceded only 1 goal after quarter time - defensive structures are awesome but helped by Oliver and Brayshaw butchering it going forward

Vlaus was immense - imagine being his opponent at the start of 6-6-6. Why wouldn’t they man him up. He is a such a weapon

Baker, Ellis, Castagna all played really well and taken it to the next level.

Stack - speechless. Unreal pick up.

Jack Ross - Rising Star this week for sure. (Can he win the lot? Neds might ban me if he does 😊)

Great win with Riewoldt, Rioli, Edwards, Dusty and Lynch not at their peak. Great signs

Go tigs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way we beat Collingwood and West Coast is to play like we did against the Dees but sort out our forward line.

It’s actually a little embarrassing how much we dominated the game yet only won by 7 goals. I know the dees flooded their D50 but the chaos/long ball in those circumstances doesn’t work and we didn’t really adjust well enough to that.
Would be nice to have someone who can kick long goals from outside 50, maybe that's the best argument for Short coming back in, would suck the defenders out, alternatively move the ball from side to side outside 50, requires very good foot skills, patience and work rate.

After a spirited first quarter from Melbourne, we completely controlled the game and got our scoreboard reward in the last quarter.
Got home and watched the replay and that confirmed that this was a much better TEAM performance than some are saying, our team defence from Tom Lynch down is bloody impressive. We did not let Melbourne breathe for three quarters and they should have been goalless.

Toast: Nick Vlaustin, what a rock, contested marks, right position every time and makes good decisions. BOG and would have been by a long way if it wasn't for this next bloke.
Toast: Bachar Houli, what a gun, not only ran and used the pill better than most Bachar was so hard at it. Come a long way from the flaky HFF we stole from the Bombers.
Toast: Dylan Grimes, stepped into Rance's shoes as the general down back and is getting better and better. Any forward would die a little inside when Grimesy comes to pick him up. Must be AA this year.
Toast: Kane Lambert, smart and unsung. Work ethic second to none.
Toast: Dion Prestia, the little engine that could. At the coalface all the time and just wills us forward.
These five got my votes but there were quite a few that were stiff.

Toast: The much maligned Brandon Ellis, working so very hard which is a credit to him and the coaches. Hitting the scoreboard and hitting the ball hard.
Toast: The much maligned George Castagna, got the reward last night for all his manic pressure, nice little goal assist to Jack as well.
Toast: Kamdyn McIntosh, the epitomy of our team defence, so many pressure acts that don't get a stat and kills the opposition momentum. WILL NOT BE DROPPED!!!!
Toast: Sydney Stack, that mark.
Toast: Sydney Stack, that bump.
Toast: Sydney Stack, that torp. Seriously, what a composed, hard and skilful steal we have here. LOL.
Toast: Toby Nankervis, such a big effort and stopped Gawn having a huge influence.
Toast: Jack Ross, surely he's played 100 games.
Toast: Liam Baker, he is a far better footballer than people thought, great user and hard worker. Good on him.

Observation: While we left at least half a dozen goals behind during the second and third quarters our forward line pressure was a huge reason Melbourne never looked like scoring.
Observation: This pressure meant that even though Brayshaw got 30 odd, he was nowhere near as effective as Ellis and Macca who didn't get as much. He just received chip kicks on the wing.
Observation: Even though he didn't get as much as he should have, Lynch never stopped trying and prevented Melbourne from getting the easy intercept mark.
Observation: Daniel Rioli looked sore to me, in hindsight perhaps Bolton should have played. I have no long term worries with Daniel, though.
Observation: Dustin Martin took a back seat tonight offensively and worked very hard for the team. That we still controlled the game was a very good sign.
Observation: Melbourne are SLOW. Oliver, Viney, Jones, Petracca all are one paced.

ROAST: Manchester ****Ing United, weak as piss you useless flogs!!

Great toast, poor roast.
😁

We were 1-2 with a lot of people including tiger fans calling our season shot.

We then have a backs against the wall win over Port Adelaide missing our big 4.

And now we have won 2 back to back games with a 4 day break to move to 4-2 and some are disappointed with the way we are playing, sheesh, we are still getting the kinks out of the engine as well as getting used to some new parts we added but it is improving by the week, as long as it purring nicely in August and September who cares how it is running in April as long as the wins keep getting racked up.

Looking forward to this 10 day break, even for a fan i need it as i am footballed out after 2 games in a few days.

Also, Stack, Ross, Baker............the new breed.

Big bad chaos george back to his best

Mf0PQ4r.jpg
Mf0PQ4r.jpg
Mf0PQ4r.jpg
Mf0PQ4r.jpg
Mf0PQ4r.jpg
Mf0PQ4r.jpg

Back