Autopsy Roast & Toast vs North Melbourne Rd 11, 2019, & Changes for Geelong rd 12

Best players vs North Melbourne

• Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • David Astbury

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 139 80.3%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Kamdyn McIntosh

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 135 78.0%
  • Tom Lynch

• Noah Balta

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ivan Soldo

• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 52 30.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 117 67.6%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
we have to tag both kelly and elbows...if we dont we are dead set dunces.

Yeah, it would be a bit like not tagging or even running with a certain Steele Sidebottom in a recent Preliminary Final perhaps - never happens!

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
If you know your not going to get a hitout too advantage you can set up for it far easier than a 50/50 contest.Our issue is Dimma's refusal to play a tag on the best oppo's midfield.Soldo did well against an aging McEvoy until injured and ceglar but against noef his around the ground stuff was nowhere near what Nank provides.
Yeah I get it, but the problem with what you just said was, even tho like you say we set up to lose, then why o why do we suck at it anyway? I do agree with getting a tagger in but we seem to not have one.

Tigertot

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
He's like GAZ a cereal sniper!
Hawkins and ablett are still trying to perfect the immaculate and graceful movement of the perfect extended forearm jab. They still have a long way to to be perfect like the goddess in the picture that they worship - LOL
Immaculate extension of the arm with the full force extending to the finger and the traditional geelong handbag used as part of the coverup.
C5A390C2-2B44-4677-ACC5-5F9EBCDEF295.jpeg

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Hawkins and ablett are still trying to perfect the immaculate and graceful movement of the perfect extended forearm jab. They still have a long way to to be perfect like the goddess in the picture that they worship - LOL
Immaculate extension of the arm with the full force extending to the finger and the traditional geelong handbag used as part of the coverup.
View attachment 686354
clapping.gif

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Just stop messing around with our defensive six for a start. With Vlaus and Menadue in the back third, we've kept opposition teams to around 10 goals or less. We've only needed to bring in a first year player in Stack and a fringe AFL player in Menadue to do so. This group works well together where the experienced four allow the inexperienced two to do their jobs. Garth in and Vlaus into the mid breaks that cohesion. You only had to look at Stack's face when Astbury was outpositioned and outmarked to see that he didn't know where he was supposed to be in that passage of play.

After that, give Lynch some grunt support and let him play to his strengths. Townsend should be first in for that job. Next reward unselfish team orientated players rather than allowing flair half forwards their two or three magic moments in a game. And finally tackle. Against North, we were generally unwilling to do so and when we did, we were terrible in our execution. Balta's technique was horrendous. Not his fault, he and others just need to be properly coached in that regard.

Oh and am I the only one not surprised when Christian chose to ignore Marley Williams' chicken wing tackle on Higgins after giving Jack a week's rest. If there was any consistency, he should have offered Williams a similar suspension and let Williams take his case to the Tribunal. I've no doubt Christian is a decent human being but he makes appallingly inconsistent decisions. The worst bit is that he doesn't understand that he's doing so.

Agree with this 100%. I honestly can't see Short coming back into the team.

Would you pick him on a wing over Ellis? Reckon I might, on North form. It's only Brando's defensive efforts that get him ahead of Short, who is better on his left than Ellis is on his right.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah I get it, but the problem with what you just said was, even tho like you say we set up to lose, then why o why do we suck at it anyway? I do agree with getting a tagger in but we seem to not have one.
Think we are still in free flow mode.Need to go one on one and back ourselves into winning the contest.
Give Townsend a try at Tagging.Make 'em earnt it.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Would you pick him on a wing over Ellis? Reckon I might, on North form. It's only Brando's defensive efforts that get him ahead of Short, who is better on his left than Ellis is on his right.
Hmmm. Stack has already gone past both of them as a half back and McIntosh has got one wing sewn up...it's hard to say. I'd take Menadue over Short. He's faster, defends better and is a better kick. Short is a long kick. That's it. Ellis' running may give him the edge now, but once we're closer to full strength, will he still get a game?

Against the Dogs Lynch had 5 dips, 3 marks no goals and was slammed by Lloyd, the following week against Freo had 15, 8 and 2 goals.

Against the n0rphs Lynch had 5 dips, 3 marks 1 goal and again criticised by Lloyd, hope it fires him up again against the Cats.

Hoping we bring towner in to help him out, its clear he needs it

May 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Commiserations on the loss.

Apologies for the lateness of these, family matters took precedence this week.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match, in case you haven't seen one these posts before this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids (inside + wings) at bounces.

Overall Summary - 28

Ellis 24 wing
McIntosh 23 wing
Martin 18
Cotchin 18
Caddy 12
Vlastuin 12
Prestia 10
Edwards 9
Baker 7 wing
Butler 2 wing
Higgins 2
Bolton 2
Stack 1

Rucks:
Soldo 18 (Golstein 25)
Balta 7 (Larkey 3)
Astbury 3

1st Half - 14

Ellis 13 wing
McIntosh 11 wing
Caddy 10
Martin 9
Cotchin 9
Vlastuin 8
Baker 4 wing
Prestia 3
Edwards 3

Soldo 11
Balta 3

2nd Half - 14

McIntosh 12 wing
Ellis 11 wing
Martin 9
Cotchin 9
Prestia 7
Edwards 6
Vlastuin 4
Baker 3 wing
Caddy 2
Butler 2 wing
Higgins 2
Bolton 2
Stack 1

Soldo 7
Balta 4
Astbury 3

Notes:
- The most players you've rotated through the midfield during an analysed game this season - 12 players were rotated through in Rds 2 & 7. During analysed games the most you've ever used through the midfield was 15 against St Kilda in Rd 16, 2017.
- First time in analysed games where Prestia hasn't finished in the top 6 mids (at either club) without being injured during the match.
- Vlastuin & Edwards split duties: 11 of Vlastuin's 12 rotations were in Q1 & Q4, whilst all of Edwards's inside mid time was during the middle terms.
- First appearance for Stack in the midfield during an analysed game
- Caddy didn't get a start in the last quarter
- 6 of Baker's 7 wing starts were in Q1 & 4.

From memory Dusty started in nearly every centre bounce last week, and had a BOG performance. This week, only 18/28.

Dimma really struggles when momentum is against us.

You do realise dusty makes those decisions?

Back