Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Carlton look pretty beatable at the MCG IMO. These are their results:

- 101-76 against Richmond. They were losing by 20 points in the 4th quarter before we lost the plot.

- 74-73 against Hawthorn. They were up comfortably until Hawthorn came back.

- 94-91 against Port Adelaide. They were leading by a lot until Port Adelaide came back.

- 75-79 against Collingwood.

- 80-54 against Essendon. Essendon could’ve come back if they were decent because they had a lot of opportunities to.

Give that they likely won’t be full strength with Weitering, Cerra, and Pittonet out, I think we should be able to beat them. For one, we are looking like we’ll be full-strength when we play them this time with Lynch and Lambert likely available. We also are better now than at the start of the season.

tigerfan1961

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers
Soldo had six contested possessions.
Collingwood's ruck duo of Cameron/Cox annihilated De Koning, one of the chief reasons they won.
We are playing two rucks.
Their lack of a proper ruck is their weak point.
The only concern is the Carlton mids, Walsh and Hewett.
Hmm, I think Cripps might be more of a worry than Walsh and plod Hewett. He murdered us in round 1

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
So who are you suggesting then? Clarke & Edwards for Lambert & Lynch

I think it would be silly to drop Clarke, Gibcus is a keeper to even if played forward. They bring new life into the group.

Even with the others you can sense a bit more hope when they see raw recruits show a bit, meaning the future is brighter, and they are working towards something better going forward and the focus is on improvement

CASEYS9420

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I think it would be silly to drop Clarke, Gibcus is a keeper to even if played forward. They bring new life into the group.

Even with the others you can sense a bit more hope when they see raw recruits show a bit, meaning the future is brighter, and they are working towards something better going forward and the focus is on improvement
Someone has to go and Clarke is an obvious choice I guess for Lynch, Edwards could do the pressure forward role and Ralphsmith be the sub for Lambert.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Someone has to go and Clarke is an obvious choice I guess for Lynch, Edwards could do the pressure forward role and Ralphsmith be the sub for Lambert.
Would have thought Soldo is the obvious choice for Lynch. Balta and Pickett can help in the ruck especially with CFC using Silvagni and Cripps in the ruck at times

Dunno, if it was me I would make Lambert earn it in the twos but if he comes in who goes out is harder

For me the development is more important and improvement from more experience

Maybe even drop Bolton for a game for his missed goals signaling no one is untouchable. Edwards is another option and then maybe Broad in terms of structural fit for matchups. Ralphsmith is another possibility

Last edited:

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Obviously it’s a no-brainer that Balta goes back with Lynch’s return. McKay/Curnow are a very good combination, a mix of size and athleticism.
How much better did our entire back 6 look when he went back in the last Q. You could just see the pressure lifted from Tarrant, Broady, Grimes with Noah’s aerial and physical presence

CASEYS9420

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Obviously it’s a no-brainer that Balta goes back with Lynch’s return. McKay/Curnow are a very good combination, a mix of size and athleticism.
How much better did our entire back 6 look when he went back in the last Q. You could just see the pressure lifted from Tarrant, Broady, Grimes with Noah’s aerial and physical presence
So Gibcus out, Lynch in?

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Carlton will be in for a rude awakening next week when the Richmond pressure will be in full flight. We'll also be moving the ball with speed.
Ess did the opposite. Ball movement was slow and pressure non-existent.

Blues like to share it around, possession football, we must apply pressure to cause the turnover.
The umpires were a disgrace, any time McKay even got remotely touched he threw himself forward and got 2 of his 3 goals from frees.
Nahhh bumbers tried to move with speed and void stoppages...carlscums one wood! But were not good enough to break them or the umpires strangle hold on the match!😉

Noidnadroj

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
We’re nowhere near our best at the moment, granted - but duck me, people freak out after a s**t performance. EVERY good team has a few stinkers throughout a season.

If Shai kicks 2 or 3, he’s had a another cracking game. His flashy nature is what makes him a freak player. Sure there’s no excuse for missing what he missed, but God I hope he doesn’t change.

For reference, we lost to st kilda by 90pts in 2017. Chill the duck out, you emotional wrecks

Good post! It was Ports Grand Final as their season was on the line. They were close to full strength and had won 5 of 6. They made a PF last season. We led inside-50’s 64-48 and had 7 more scoring shots. We left quite a few goals out there but it was a crucial win and we got it playing nowhere near our best footy. Frustrating game to watch but who really cares now the 4-points are tucked away.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Noidnadroj

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
We if he wasnt laughing he would have to cry. That last miss he could have walked to the goalline. Surely our team misses more sitters than anyone else. The Collingwood game first quarter alone Lynch from goalsquare, Jack on the goal line, George fumble in goalsquare. Then the Lynch misses in the Essendon game. Then Dusty/Shai in the Swans game. Then that s**t last night.

We don’t miss when it counts in finals … just gotta get there!!

Noidnadroj

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
unless one of tarrant and gibcus is managed its gonna have to be soldo.

wouldn't be a bad thing to have him get some touch and confidence up in the 2s.

******* porkins what a dog.

Unless it’s very wet Soldo will play as it ensures Balta can remain in defence all game on Curnow.

I think single change of Lynch for Gibcus or Ralphsmith (depending on conditions) with Lambert into 22 and Edwards made sub.

And for those calling for Tarrant’s head … in his last 3 games against Wright, McDonald and Dixon he has conceded 1 x scoring shot. 0.0. 0.0. 1.0. With McKAy coming up there’s no way he’s getting dropped.

RiskingHead

Premium Platinum
Aug 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
get stuffed.

The comments are from experience so go duck yourself. Mental health problems should be discussed and not taboo ffs. Its ******* pathetic of you to go around and think you can just tell ANYONE to shut up when they talk about something that your too chickenshit to do yourself.

The guy has came out and said he is struggling, taken time off - making it some silent issue is a pathetic approach for any adult to deal with a very real problem. He became a role model for mental health, health plans. He has inspired a lot of people living with this very dangerous, personal condition.

People discussing his issues in a sensitive way is not a ******* problem in this society. The guy literally opened up to the world about his mental health problems, program for success & i personally found it inspiring. Living with depression i know its a constant battle with hurdles and crossroads & he is clearly at that point.

If people were not acknowledging his mental health struggles, his greiving and respecting his situation - then the topic would be this./... "Whats up with Dusty? He is playing like he is 37 years old and doesn't give a s**t..... Rumour is he wants to go to Sydney. Is he jack of the tiges and mailing it in??? Is he the most overpaid player in the league right now??"

Dusty IS the highest paid player in the AFL. His form will ALWAYS be a discussion. I think the supporters and even to a certain level MOST of the AFL media is handling his situation relatively respectfully. His form & effort is miles off his best. Is he getting hounded over it? Not really. People are RESPECTING his personal; situation and UNDERSTANDING that its impacting him as a person. That is EXACTLY what the "RUOK" etc movement was around - people understanding, acknowledging and respecting the personal mental condition of a person who might not be 100%.

If you don't want people to talk about it, then you need to learn to go duck yourself
Didn't realise RUOK really means Let me help you by idly speculating about your mental health on social media that you don't read.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Gibcus & Balta as swingmen could potentially be our point of difference to other sides, both are so athletic we can afford to play the extra tall, like Melbourne do
Agreed
Long term that’s a really good swingmen combo (Balta/Gibcus)
Re next week, it’ll be interesting who we drop for Lynch- a tall?
The temptation will be to drop Soldo, but if that happens then we’ll need to play Balta Back/Ruck. I’d be nervous that Curnow or McKay get hold of us when he’s moved into the ruck.
I know Tarrant played well on McKay R1 , but it’s no given he repeats that performance.

CASEYS9420

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Agreed
Long term that’s a really good swingmen combo (Balta/Gibcus)
Re next week, it’ll be interesting who we drop for Lynch- a tall?
The temptation will be to drop Soldo, but if that happens then we’ll need to play Balta Back/Ruck. I’d be nervous that Curnow or McKay get hold of us when he’s moved into the ruck.
I know Tarrant played well on McKay R1 , but it’s no given he repeats that performance.
True, my only worry for Gibcus is he's been beaten by his opponent in consecutive weeks (Franklin 2nd half and Marshall last night) and was moved forward. Tarrants been pretty solid.

May 4, 2021
laneway next to the chemist
AFL Club
Richmond
Unless it’s very wet Soldo will play as it ensures Balta can remain in defence all game on Curnow.

I think single change of Lynch for Gibcus or Ralphsmith (depending on conditions) with Lambert into 22 and Edwards made sub.

And for those calling for Tarrant’s head … in his last 3 games against Wright, McDonald and Dixon he has conceded 1 x scoring shot. 0.0. 0.0. 1.0. With McKAy coming up there’s no way he’s getting dropped.

I'm not calling for tarrant's head, he's doing his job

In lynch, lambert
Out Soldo , Edwards, medical sub
Agree with this
Lynch in forward
Balta in defense and relief ruck
Gibcus the swing man to take baltas man when Noah goes into ruck

Tarrant on who tho? Think he gets exposed on McKay and Curnow

Can Gibcus take Curnow and Balta McKay?
Drop tarrant for a runner?

Or we play Nank and Soldo and have a stacked tall defense rotating with each other as usual

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
If Carlton beat us with Lynch in and Soldo out, it will be purely because of our lack of midfielders who can win the ball and hit a target cleanly.

That is our archilies heal.

We need at least 3-4 quality (not necessarily star) mids to be a top 4 side.

Edwards and Ralphsmith for starters are not having much of an impact.

Substitute them for a Taranto and Hopper (for example) move some magnets and it's a completely different team.

Back