Autopsy Roast & toast vs Port Adelaide and changes for Carlton round 14

Best vs Pear

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch for edwards honestly.

Shane is not having a very good year
1.jpg

True, my only worry for Gibcus is he's been beaten by his opponent in consecutive weeks (Franklin 2nd half and Marshall last night) and was moved forward. Tarrants been pretty solid.
Hey I’m a massive Gibcus fan BUT when you are contending for silverware you pick your best team each week to beat the opposition you’re playing.

No such thing as gifting games (not saying that had happened upto this point) I can see a case for playing/ not playing him next week. It’ll be a close call.

Re Tarrant, he has a pass mark imo.

Not sure what people expected- A Tarrant from 2017, when he was in his prime an AA backman ?

Not going to happen he’s a 33 year old at the tail end of his career who has had injury/health concerns over the last couple of seasons.

Hmm, I think Cripps might be more of a worry than Walsh and plod Hewett. He murdered us in round 1
Expect a bit of coach focus all the spooners mids with Docherty this week. These guys dined out in Rnd 1. Voss unlikely to change his game plan much.

Handy if Lambo is fit enough to play to negate spooner drive from HB. Probs means shedda to sub.

Soldo out for Lynch. Nank will have to dig deep and have high level discipline. Balta / Pickett / Lunch might need to help out at some stoppages.

Tiges will try to avoid stoppages. The spooners love them. Let's see how the pressure acts stack up throughout the match. Hope that they are 4 quarter consistent and at high level for the Tiges.

Yep, I've made up my mind and it has to be Gibcus out. The next two weeks are must win statement games for our season and I want solid mature bodies in that backline. Soldo stays in just for his height alone and is needed in the ruck. Lambert in for Edwards as sub.

Vlastuin - Tarrant - Grimes
--Rioli ---- Balta --- Baker
-KMac ----Short----Pickett
Lambert-Riewoldt- Bolton
-Clarke -- Lynch -- Martin
-Nank ---Cotchin --Prestia
Graham, Ralphsmith, Broad, Soldo, SUB: Edwards

Lynch + Bauer IN

Rationale: we are likely to have slim F50 opportunites with the Blues midfield dominance a given, nobody we bring in is going to change that, so it's a question of F50 efficiency, and Jack^2 + Lunch will really stretch the Blues defense to breaking point.

re. JB, he kicked a bag in the 4thQ, so I think should be OK tank-wise

Hmm, I think Cripps might be more of a worry than Walsh and plod Hewett. He murdered us in round 1
I'd almost be tempted to bring Ross in purely to play a defensive role on Cripps. Ross is strong and a very good tackler when he wants to be and a natural reader of the play so would be the best match up for Cripps.

And one from left field, could Balta go in the middle at some stage in the old ruck rover mould if Cripps gets off the chain, bust packs and clear a path for Prestia and Cotch. Is very good off the deck and as fast as any of our mids but mainly to work at clearances.

Nahhh bumbers tried to move with speed and void stoppages...carlscums one wood! But were not good enough to break them or the umpires strangle hold on the match!😉

Lol bummers aint Richmond. We have won 5 from our past 6 and should've been 6 out of 6, we threw away the swans game.

I am expecting to beat Carlton next Thurs and why wouldn't we. Their backline won't hold up against Lynch and co.
Our backline will definitely curtail their forwards unless the umps give them many freebie goals.

Their midfield is their greatest strength, likely Cerra won't play with hamstring tightness. Ports biggest strength also is their midfield and thought we matched them but our run and spread was why we won the match. Hopefully, we'll have our kicking boots on next thursday.

This time around these players will be playing who were missing from the RD 1 game, Vlastuin, lambert and Mcintosh plus Riewoldt and Prestia were injured early (Dion off at qtr time).

Marchbank is their key back now. He's had one game back from injury, after a pattern of injuries for over ten years. A top draft pick, he's now just a better version of Broad given all that.
Last night, there was no forward pressure. Get it in quick, lock it in and next week should be a different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never been sold on Graham but he just keeps doing the hard stuff and the team stuff which would make him pretty highly regarded by Dimma & co. I would think.

Another 17 disposal game looks average and is average but he is not a midfielder, rarely in the guts and certainly not a clearance player (1.4 per game this season). He pushes up from half forward to give us an extra around the ball where his pressure and tackling whilst not very pretty is a big part of our game when we play well. When we are being beaten around the ball he is less effective because he seems to be chasing tail all game. Not quick so he doesn't close them down but he will keep going and going.

When we are playing well he gets the reward for his hard running and is an important cog in our transition running which is where we score so well when we play well.

So he can be the scapegoat when we are average, but when we play well he is usually pretty good. Lambert plays a similar role, but more attaching, and maybe when we they both fit I'd take Lambert over Graham, but Lambert is effectively done so Graham plays that important role better than anyone else. Also rarely makes mistakes or fumbles or turns it over, so while not flashy he is effective.
Graham had ten tackles.

The blues lacked conviction last night to bury the bombers, lucky they couldn’t kick straight, what’s the go with cerra?
Didn’t play round 1 either of I recall. Carlton are beatable. Who have they beat inside the 8? Nobody.

carlton will probably go in as favourites. but we are a good chance. we cleaned up our 50m discipline on Thursday. didn't give the umpires an option of considering giving any 50's (both the 50's given for port and us were unlucky IMO). that was a big difference last time we played. also Carltons defence looked unorganised without weitering last night. jack and tom play well and we are a big chance. it looked like us without rance early in our development as a team. a bit rudderless and with the chance of an in form big forward tearing us to bits. come on tom or jack. also our backline look to be in better form the last month with the defence settling and getting the mainstays back. that leaves the clearance problem. cerra looks unlikely so that weakens them. also saw Phillips vs silvagni last night bash the ball forward 30m like Keating did with Brisbane. wouldn't be a bad tactic on Thursday to do the same and get the ball away from Carltons strong inside midfielders. still will be nervous but excited as well because a win will put us in well back into contention again. go tigers.

understand lynch was out & we needed more height in the forward half. still, how long b4 dimma realises balta is a gun backman? sheesh.

You just know it’s going to be a no lube mission by the umps for their love child the scum this Thursday ….

We should get ready for …….. Dissent …. Dangerous tackles….protected zone ………. Not nominating for the ruck … any slight touch of a scum forward frees……….

.a plethora of 50m’s for anything the umps can think of……….you can bet ya balls we will get a … I think it’s a point but I just want to see if it scrapped the post ………Guess what the Arc’s not working because the crowd is to loud and it was to high around the post …..

all in all free count will be 99/ 15 …. The scums way ….. ….I’m tipping a 5 goal win to the Tigers …. Narrative from the media will be the scum were so brave and Tigers got a ride from the umps 👍🏻
PS … if I’ve missed any dodgy frees …. Please add your suggestions …. I’m sure the umps will come up with every one they can think of 🤷🏻‍♂️

carlton will probably go in as favourites. but we are a good chance. we cleaned up our 50m discipline on Thursday. didn't give the umpires an option of considering giving any 50's (both the 50's given for port and us were unlucky IMO). that was a big difference last time we played. also Carltons defence looked unorganised without weitering last night. jack and tom play well and we are a big chance. it looked like us without rance early in our development as a team. a bit rudderless and with the chance of an in form big forward tearing us to bits. come on tom or jack. also our backline look to be in better form the last month with the defence settling and getting the mainstays back. that leaves the clearance problem. cerra looks unlikely so that weakens them. also saw Phillips vs silvagni last night bash the ball forward 30m like Keating did with Brisbane. wouldn't be a bad tactic on Thursday to do the same and get the ball away from Carltons strong inside midfielders. still will be nervous but excited as well because a win will put us in well back into contention again. go tigers.
Get the other Jack in up forward as a smokie!

Back