Votes: 10 4.4%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of observations for discussion,
Chol is terrific. Love him but he shuns body contact. Almost to the point where he is scared.
His pros far outweigh his cons though.
The other is I like soldo's work at the bounces. Does he stay in?

for this year i think soldo/nank combo is best option

chol is doing well but reckon nank can do the same thing better for the time being while also handing out some concussions and helping out his teammates more.

watching the vfl and i'm not sure nank as our main ruck and chol as 2nd will work the best. i know he's only just back from injury but he just doesn't have the height, jump and tapping prowess. our midfielders will really love having soldo's taps for the rest of the year while also having nank around the ground

Yeah this x10.

Especially considering our army of smalls. Someone with the physicality, dash, daring and ball skills of Stack is hard to come by off half back. He’s the perfect combination of rebounding ability of guys like Houli, Short, with the grunt work on a ball winning bull. Add the ability to fly for a mark or pull off some amazing burst through a pack and you’ve got a much more versatile and useful player running off half back.

Thought he complimented Houli perfectly back there.
I totally disagree, short was supposed to fill in for stack and let stack play where he is the most damaging.
As good as he is down back it’s up forward that he will give teams the most headaches. Same with Edwards, but we need some polish down back and Edwards has filled that roll. that’s definitely been our challenge this year. If Pickett comes into the team it will give us so much more flexibility. That’s what egg and Balta are being primed for.

5 day break for nank ,,,will we roll the dice,,,? Hopefully not
Can't afford to lose him again,,,,
He plays half a game today in the 2s
Half a game next week in the 2s
Then bring him back round 20
Against demons,, gives him 4 games b4 finals
He won’t play a full game in the VFL mate, I suspect he won’t play a lot of the second half in their game this afternoon.

Kids are awesome. They can get away with it.
Kids are indeed awesome.

This kid was a massive jack fan, was really excited when we were kicking towards the city end and Jack kicked a couple of his goals
Atmosphere was pretty good up that end. Power had a good turn out but heaps of Tigers. Punt Road end looks great from there. I was sitting about 4 rows behind that bloke. Did you hear his voice nearly blow out late in the match when he said "Go"? The little voices mocking him each time he said it was great!!
it was hilarious.

There was also a port lady behind me that was yelling he was tunnelled! When baker gave that free kick away to Dixon.

I laughed because it was a free kick to Dixon anyway, why yell about it after it was paid? :D

Kids are indeed awesome.

This kid was a massive jack fan, was really excited when we were kicking towards the city end and Jack kicked a couple of his goals

it was hilarious.

There was also a port lady behind me that was yelling he was tunnelled! When baker gave that free kick away to Dixon.

I laughed because it was a free kick to Dixon anyway, why yell about it after it was paid? :D
Guy behind me had a massive sook when we got a couple of frees in a row. It got so bad I lol'd at him then when we scored from that play I turned around for a look. He had his head in his hands :)
My brother lives in Adelaide and in 2007 I went over to see the Port game with him. Port got one or maybe even two goals from free kicks early. Then when we got our first from a free some bloke behind us yelled that it was the only way we were going to get a goal. My brother and I turned around and almost perfectly in sync yelled "Well it's the only way you've got yours so far!" He shut up.

Des is killing it in the Vfl.
In.Des
Out:Short
May deserve it, but I worry about his light frame against a pretty big and mature team like Collingwood
I know Short is no big body and probably deserves to be dropped, but I'd expect it to be for a bigger body like McIntosh instead

May deserve it, but I worry about his light frame against a pretty big and mature team like Collingwood
I know Short is no big body and probably deserves to be dropped, but I'd expect it to be for a bigger body like McIntosh instead
Forgot about kmac.
Be happy with that.

watched the replay

we were very good and cruising for a lot of it from after half time. but man shedwardo was yet again quite bad. since the bye he has only played one half decent game and was terrible in a few of them. need to chuck him to mid/half forward and leave him there to weave his magic. will come good for finals

good team effort and loved that handball flying V s**t we got going. loving seeing my chaos king getting high teens disposals last 3 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for this year i think soldo/nank combo is best option

chol is doing well but reckon nank can do the same thing better for the time being while also handing out some concussions and helping out his teammates more.

watching the vfl and i'm not sure nank as our main ruck and chol as 2nd will work the best. i know he's only just back from injury but he just doesn't have the height, jump and tapping prowess. our midfielders will really love having soldo's taps for the rest of the year while also having nank around the ground

I really like what Chol offers though. So nimble for a big fella. Can play forward as well. Soldo is pretty useless around the ground.

I really like what Chol offers though. So nimble for a big fella. Can play forward as well. Soldo is pretty useless around the ground.

This is where the perception and comparison gets lost. Because Chol is "nimble" and Soldo appears 'sluggish" some assume the former is superior. Not so.
Apart from Chols Saints game, Soldo has been better for the team in every game they've played together. He mightnt dance through packs an float through the air, but his job as number one ruck and hardness at stoppages and around the ground has been awesome.
Going into fibals I'd have Soldo anyday over Chol (this year, next could change)

This is where the perception and comparison gets lost. Because Chol is "nimble" and Soldo appears 'sluggish" some assume the former is superior. Not so.
Apart from Chols Saints game, Soldo has been better for the team in every game they've played together. He mightnt dance through packs an float through the air, but his job as number one ruck and hardness at stoppages and around the ground has been awesome.
Going into fibals I'd have Soldo anyday over Chol (this year, next could change)

lol

fast > slow

Agree!

McIntosh appears set to come straight back in. Both Nank and Caddy had restricted game time in the VFL so you’d imagine they’re being seriously considered to come back into the side. Finding three players to come out of the team is a very big ask though.

I’d still bring in all three of Nank, McIntosh and Caddy. If that was the case I’d take out Chol, Baker and Short. (I’d move Stack back down to defence)

That’s very stiff on all three of them, it’s getting very difficult to say who our best 22 are and that’s a very good problem to have.

McIntosh appears set to come straight back in. Both Nank and Caddy had restricted game time in the VFL so you’d imagine they’re being seriously considered to come back into the side. Finding three players to come out of the team is a very big ask though.

I’d still bring in all three of Nank, McIntosh and Caddy. If that was the case I’d take out Chol, Baker and Short. (I’d move Stack back down to defence)

That’s very stiff on all three of them, it’s getting very difficult to say who our best 22 are and that’s a very good problem to have.

dam chol unlucky

getting an early advantage on Friday will be crucial

Pies players will be running around saying "we've got big Cox , we've got big Cox" and "whispering USA USA"

in the hope it will get inside our heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back