• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone try to reserve a seat or two in AFL reserve for Friday? Website telling me only back row left. * that. Was row B for the GF. If anyone is not going and has a spare two tix please let me know

Why are our players when lining up for goal getting told to ' move it on ' second time this has happened last 2 weeks.

Soldo lining up late in the 3rd qtr gets straightened up by the umpire and then the umpire tells him to move it on instantly, WTF is there a new agenda by the umps to hurry up players milking the AFL approved 30 seconds clock, yet Flopsy Brown can take an eternity walking back 200m and all is well as he milks 1 minute plus off the clock.

A strong win on Saturday, that's what I asked for.
I thought we moved the ball a little better i50 than previous weeks, but could still improve.
The backline really is our strength, they work so well together standing firm against the turnovers from our more chaotic forward movement.
And wow Lynch is starting to find his ceiling and it seems to be a high one...

Only concern this week is where on the field the umpires gift wrap the pies 15 extra free kicks they will get.

Make no mistake we will lose the free kick count 28-13

pies last 4 games are +38 ( +16, +9, +3 and +10 ) the 4 games before that they were +4,

last time we played them...

25 to 9

lmfaoooo what a joke

I’m not worried about Cox or any of their midfielders but Grundy is the one that can win it for them by himself. I wonder if we’ll play Soldo and Nank to try and stop him? Regardless of what we do he’ll probably dominate

25 to 9

lmfaoooo what a joke
No it's not a joke at all! It's outrageous is what it is!
We have become that good that not only do we beat the oppo but we also have to beat the umpires to record the win!

I want more long kicking to our forward line instead of so much messing around with handball .... we have two great fwd targets .... need to play them to their strengths and get it in long and fast! The filth will not be able to match them up properly with the height and speed.

Our defense will do what they have been doing for the last few weeks at least - shut their forwards down.

Mids will draw even.

20 point win.

Nank Caddy in.
Soldo Baker out.

Reckon we'll rest Stack week after like we have Graham and KMac before.

Only concern this week is where on the field the umpires gift wrap the pies 15 extra free kicks they will get.

Make no mistake we will lose the free kick count 28-13

pies last 4 games are +38 ( +16, +9, +3 and +10 ) the 4 games before that they were +4,
why do they have such a leg up every week.. they are having 3-4 goal headstart

its like they are playing with 26 men

Why are our players when lining up for goal getting told to ' move it on ' second time this has happened last 2 weeks.

Soldo lining up late in the 3rd qtr gets straightened up by the umpire and then the umpire tells him to move it on instantly, WTF is there a new agenda by the umps to hurry up players milking the AFL approved 30 seconds clock, yet Flopsy Brown can take an eternity walking back 200m and all is well as he milks 1 minute plus off the clock.

The infamous “play on” trick the umpires have used on Richmond players.

I want more long kicking to our forward line instead of so much messing around with handball .... we have two great fwd targets .... need to play them to their strengths and get it in long and fast! The filth will not be able to match them up properly with the height and speed.

Our defense will do what they have been doing for the last few weeks at least - shut their forwards down.

Mids will draw even.

20 point win.

Nank Caddy in.
Soldo Baker out.

Reckon we'll rest Stack week after like we have Graham and KMac before.
Pies players will smash into our forwards heads to swallowed whistles.
We won. 38 points and percentrage of 107.5
A 30 point win would get us into the top 4 or is it 20 points?

Umpies will have a meeting about that today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies players will smash into our forwards heads to swallowed whistles.

A 30 point win would get us into the top 4 or is it 20 points?

Umpies will have a meeting about that today.
A win will get us into the top 4. We’ve won as many games as Collingwood.

We just need to beat them to overtake them.

Can’t play keepings off when it’s pi**ing down with rain.

Also can’t underestimate the impact of our backline playing its first game without Rance back in r2. Our defence was all at sea.

Underated comment. - The more I read this about R2 being the first game without Rance the more relevant I think it is.

Baker down back didnt work for us on the weekend, if Dimma wants Baker to play he has to play up forward. That means we will have to move Stack back to defense but it's obvious Dimma wants Stack in the middle then playing up forward, the same as Bolton.

Dimma was talking about Caddy playing a different role than just a forward on the weekend, think we want him to play more midfield. There is obviously still a spot on our list for the HB role and I just dont think you can have both Short and another small player down back together.
Caddy will come in for Baker and play Bakers' role

Baker had at least 5, 6 clangers.
He was out-positioned by Butters in the first quarter, who scored 2 goals.
Can't seriously argue having Soldo in the team means we would defeat Grundy in the ruck.
That is insane.
Grundy had 48 hit-outs last week, they were still soundly beaten.
In: Nank, Caddy.
Out: Soldo, Baker.

Last edited:

25 to 9

lmfaoooo what a joke
My theory on the pies lopsided free kick count is growing more accurate by the week.

IMO the umpires are looking for infringements on pie players in contests and stoppages and not what the pies infringe on the other team at the same contest/stoppage, the only frees the oppo's get are the obvious one's, how can a team twice in one season get thrashed but win the free kick count by 10+, not every team is undisciplined against the pies and the pies are not that disciplined in every game they play, the umpires are only looking one way and that is biased umpiring.

Example: Dusty and Pendlebury are both getting held by the respective opponents on friday at the same stoppage, umpire will blow his whistle and award a free kick, now who gets the free ?

Answer: not Dusty i can assure you of that because the umpire will be looking at the Pendlebury match up only.

Ever wondered why the same player gets the free at a stoppage when their are 7-8 match ups going on.

I’m not worried about Cox or any of their midfielders but Grundy is the one that can win it for them by himself. I wonder if we’ll play Soldo and Nank to try and stop him? Regardless of what we do he’ll probably dominate
Couldn't win it against GWS.

If Nank comes back this week, I hope Soldo & Chol keep their spots. Just play Chol forward, The Pies midget backline were slaughtered by
by GWS talls on the weekend (Cameron, Himmelberg, Finlayson) Why not continue the carnage this week with Jack, Lynch & Chol?

The media always carry on how good our small forwards are, Boltons playing in the midfield, Baker and Edwards are now defenders, Higgins & Butler were/are playing VFL, Rioli's not tackling or kicking goals (Junktime possessions and goals don't count) and Caddys playing VFL to learn how to be a wingman/defender.

Even if its just for this week, play Nank, Soldo in the Ruck and Chol Fwd.

IN: Nank, KMac
Out: Short, Rioli

Nankervis was managed in the VFL wasn't he? I'd give him another week.

In: Caddy
Out: Short

FB: Broad.....Grimes.....Vlastuin
HB: Stack.....Astbury....Houli
C: Ellis.......Prestia.....Lambert
HF: Rioli.......Lynch......Edwards
FF: Baker....Riewoldt....Castagna

R:Soldo....Cotchin....Martin

B: Bolton....Caddy.....Graham.....Chol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back