• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory on the pies lopsided free kick count is growing more accurate by the week.

IMO the umpires are looking for infringements on pie players in contests and stoppages and not what the pies infringe on the other team at the same contest/stoppage, the only frees the oppo's get are the obvious one's, how can a team twice in one season get thrashed but win the free kick count by 10+, not every team is undisciplined against the pies and the pies are not that disciplined in every game they play, the umpires are only looking one way and that is biased umpiring.

Example: Dusty and Pendlebury are both getting held by the respective opponents on friday at the same stoppage, umpire will blow his whistle and award a free kick, now who gets the free ?

Answer: not Dusty i can assure you of that because the umpire will be looking at the Pendlebury match up only.

Ever wondered why the same player gets the free at a stoppage when their are 7-8 match ups going on.

No...

Nankervis was managed in the VFL wasn't he? I'd give him another week.

In: Caddy
Out: Short

FB: Broad.....Grimes.....Vlastuin
HB: Stack.....Astbury....Houli
C: Ellis.......Prestia.....Lambert
HF: Rioli.......Lynch......Edwards
FF: Baker....Riewoldt....Castagna

R:Soldo....Cotchin....Martin

B: Bolton....Caddy.....Graham.....Chol
Kmac?!?!

If Nank comes back this week, I hope Soldo & Chol keep their spots. Just play Chol forward, The Pies midget backline were slaughtered by
by GWS talls on the weekend (Cameron, Himmelberg, Finlayson) Why not continue the carnage this week with Jack, Lynch & Chol?

The media always carry on how good our small forwards are, Boltons playing in the midfield, Baker and Edwards are now defenders, Higgins & Butler were/are playing VFL, Rioli's not tackling or kicking goals (Junktime possessions and goals don't count) and Caddys playing VFL to learn how to be a wingman/defender.

Even if its just for this week, play Nank, Soldo in the Ruck and Chol Fwd.

IN: Nank, KMac
Out: Short, Rioli

The weather could play a big part in that decision.

This week's unsung hero

Richmond: David Astbury

Working closely with Dylan Grimes in Richmond’s back six, David Astbury was a standout in the Tigers’ big win over Port Adelaide. Although it wasn’t his greatest output from a possession point of view, Astbury’s defensive work was impenetrable with the defender finishing the game with 16 disposals, five marks and four rebound 50s.

I’m not convinced caddy should be playing back, he is a gun forwards pocket player WITH the runs on the board to prove it. Lynch , caddy and Jr make a formidable forward line, all can kick goals and all can punish. Mix that in with Martin, stack and small brigade and we have the best forward line in the league. There are others we can use down back.

Grundy looks to be carrying a calf injury into Friday nights game.

I think the Nank/Chol combo could work well.
Nank to put physical pressure on him at stoppages and Chol to run him off his feet around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not convinced caddy should be playing back, he is a gun forwards pocket player WITH the runs on the board to prove it. Lynch , caddy and Jr make a formidable forward line, all can kick goals and all can punish. Mix that in with Martin, stack and small brigade and we have the best forward line in the league. There are others we can use down back.

He’s not going to play down back

Nah Cox will put in a stinker IMO, so much so they will drop him to the VFL after our match. The expectation for him to perform against us will be his undoing. For me the danger forward will be Degoey, hopefully we have a plan to stop him kicking their goals.
After he plays that stinker...suggest a Richmond chant of last year's USA ...becoming "Useless A?"

I don’t think we can have both Nankervis and Soldo though. We’d then have Soldo, Nankervis, Riewoldt, Lynch and Astbury all in the one side. There isn’t much agility between them especially since Riewoldt is still warming up after his PCL.

Maybe it’ll work if Nankervis, Riewoldt and Lynch dominate aerially in our forward line with Soldo predominantly in the ruck, but wouldn’t we be a bit too slow as a side with all of them playing?
Nank and caddy no- Macca yes

No change from a winning side. Nank needs another 1/2 in the magoos. KMac and Cadds need to force there way in. I’m hoping we don’t see the game plan of the last 2 games against the Pies, allowing them uncontested possessions at will. Our manic pressure is why we have been successful over the past 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back