Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Port Adelaide & Changes for R22 vs Hawthorn

Best 5 vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC basically had to be dragged screaming into the light like a bunch of ******* vampires. That's the most disappointing part. Us BF nuffies knowing better than the stubborn old boys who kept picking George while he was perpetually out of form.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing Mate. None of us “BF nuffies“ know what Cumberland had been told to do to get up his game up to senior level. He was pretty poor defensively in games I saw at the lower level and even now, he’s not quite got the consistent defensive mentality in the seniors I’d like him to show.
To be clear, I'm categorically not saying I don’t like what I’m seeing as he’s doing some really great things. Luckily we have MRJ in our F50 providing that speed and defensive pressure we lacked early on this season. He’s certainly earnt his place by what he’s done so far and I was wanting him at senior level myself much earlier than they picked him. I’m just saying maybe he had to improve in certain areas we weren’t aware of and that’s why it took as long as it did

Been saying it to all my oppo supporting Mates. Last years draft will go down as our best ever draft haul. Every one of those young guys will be serious players for us, even young Bauer in the mid season draft will be a decent AFL player.
not to forget about banks, judson clarke and tom Brown ( the one who plays football. not the one who absolutely, definetly, quite possibly knows sfa about football!)as well...they could all be very good players with a pre season or two under their belts.

Richmond believes it has the defensive depth to cover for star defender Nick Vlastuin as the Tigers’ run of “elimination finals” returns to the MCG for crunch games against Hawthorn and Essendon.

Vlastuin will not play against Hawthorn after being crunched in the ribs by Port Adelaide’s Charlie Dixon and was subbed out for Jason Castagna.

He will join the Tigers’ co-captain Dylan Grimes on the sidelines, with Richmond confident there is no long-term damage but expecting him to miss at least this week.

Damien Hardwick was able to throw the reliable Kamdyn McIntosh into defence after Vlastuin’s injury so will likely keep him in that position and find another wingman.

McIntosh was cleared to play against the Hawks after the MRO ruled his high spoil on Port Adelaide’s Darcy Byrne-Jones was a genuine attempt to contest the ball.

Meanwhile, captain Trent Cotchin was also not penalised for a tackle on Ollie Wines which saw the Power star hit his head on the ground.

Nick Vlastuin was crunched by Port gorilla Charlie Dixon.

what a s**t article ^^ as if we'd replace Vlastuin with KMac hahaha

also, Vlastuin wasn't "crunched" he was knee'd in the ******* ribs... that's a dog act
For the most part I don’t have huge issue with Vlossy getting hurt in a marking contest
We love it when Lynch makes a defender earn it by absolutely crushing a pack with a massive knee but the thing that shifts what Dixon did into dog act territory is that he had no plan of contesting for the ball he went so early and wasn’t even near it

If he had at least timed it properly and actually contested the ball I would of been like sure whatever that’s just footy but like I said he had no plans to mark that ball, he was clearly frustrated and had eyes only to hurt a player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When your team wins as both of ours did, feels great.
Yep, Also Happy Tiger wife happy life
Though we don't feel great, tested positive for first time to the Covids this morn.
Gonna pussy out, lay on the recliner & watch Mad Max Fury Road. :tearsofjoy:
Big wins by our VFL sides made the weekend all the more sweeter, Pies up by 78, Tigers up by 82 points.
Good to see Bauer kick another 4 sausage rolls, was keen on him in the mid season draft :thumbsu:

ab5eb4a16b07bfcdd3893525e8d81656.gif

Last edited:
For the most part I don’t have huge issue with Vlossy getting hurt in a marking contest
We love it when Lynch makes a defender earn it by absolutely crushing a pack with a massive knee but the thing that shifts what Dixon did into dog act territory is that he had no plan of contesting for the ball he went so early and wasn’t even near it

If he had at least timed it properly and actually contested the ball I would of been like sure whatever that’s just footy but like I said he had no plans to mark that ball, he was clearly frustrated and had eyes only to hurt a player

Correct.
Incidental contact in a marking contest that hurts the player standing in the hole...no problem.
Dixon didn't contest the ball.
It was a free kick for unrealistic attempt at the very least.
I really don't see why causing injury in this way is any different to what Cripps did yesterday. Neither went for the ball and chose to bump/knee the oppo player.

I think we are a top 3 team but we’ve blown sooo many chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh definitely, they’ve just been so dumb this year lol hopefully it doesn’t come back and bite us on the backside.

Great win by the mighty Tigers

one overdue bonus that came out of the game was finally the commentators are cottoning on to the blatant mistreatment of Lynch by oppo defenders and aided by the umpires ambivalence to the bleeding obvious.

The pointed comments made by David King about the dubious work being put in by defenders in blocking and pushing Lynch in the back before and as he starts his movement towards the ball.

Kingy even went to say better watch out Port defenders you won't get away with it in the second half. This was finally a big signal to the AFL umpiring fraternity that what is plainly obvious not everyone will keep silent about it anymore.

I think Dimma was asked about the off the ball work done on Lynch in his post match presser, he smirked but I think chose not to elaborate on it and went another way.

If Lynch starts to get treated fairly Oh dear the competition will be ripped a new hole by our forward line.

eat em alive tigers

View attachment 1469940

Is there a forward in the competition (other than Jack, cause that goes without saying lol) that is as mauled before the ball even reaches his contest as Tom Lynch? It’s bloody ridiculous what defenders get away with with him.

Yep, Happy tiger wife too means happy life ;)
Though we don't feel great, tested positive for first time to the Covids this morn.
Gonna pussy out, lay on the recliner & watch Mad Max Fury Road. :tearsofjoy:
Big wins by our VFL sides made the weekend all the more sweeter, Pies up by 78, Tigers up by 82 points.
Good to see Bauer kick another 4 sausage rolls, was keen on him in the mid season draft :thumbsu:

ab5eb4a16b07bfcdd3893525e8d81656.gif

Hope you’re feeling better soon. Covid is the pits. Your brain feels like it’s in a fog and you feel tired all the time. All the best

Is there a forward in the competition (other than Jack, cause that goes without saying lol) that is as mauled before the ball even reaches his contest as Tom Lynch? It’s bloody ridiculous what defenders get away with with him.

Couldn’t agree with you more. I noticed it a lot against Port. Tom and Jack being held or blocked all the time. One time the Port defender had his arms wrapped completely around Jack and the umps just did nothing. And they wonder why we get upset.

Couldn’t agree with you more. I noticed it a lot against Port. Tom and Jack being held or blocked all the time. One time the Port defender had his arms wrapped completely around Jack and the umps just did nothing. And they wonder why we get upset.
Its been the case for years, our backs get ****ed and our forwards get ****ed.

Don't mind the idea of mcintosh going back to cover vlastuin. Does stack have the tank to play wing? Can't see dimma going for it. Would probably mean ralphsmith comes back in.

Wouldn't mind seeing Graham play on a wing and Stack half forward but most likely stack won't even be an emergency.

Edwards is a certainty to return for possibly his last ever game at the G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back