Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 20 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon at this stage if Rioli hadn’t snapped his leg off we’d have been rotating him regularly through the midfield.

Interestingly it seems our smalls are either spending less time in the middle or doing less when there, as I remember seeing plenty more of it (and Cotch and co) resting forward) when we were really firing.

Probably a symptom of missing Prestia and midfield being weaker.

I glad we got some games into a few juniors but we’ve been carrying Higgins, Menadue and Moore. I’d drop them and Miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would give Miles one more game. Moore I would continue to play , but would change his role slightly by asking him to do some ruck duties.

I would give Miles one more game. Moore I would continue to play , but would change his role slightly by asking him to do some ruck duties.
I noticed Moore contested at least one centre bounce the other night.

Did Soldo play on the weekend?

Moore needs to do more of that. Soldo didn’t play on Sunday, for what reason I don’t know.
I think there's a possibility of both Moore and Townsend playing this week.

I'm beginning to wonder if they'r planning on ruching Nank solo for the entire season.

I think there's a possibility of both Moore and Townsend playing this week.

I'm beginning to wonder if they'r planning on ruching Nank solo for the entire season.
Rioli comes back so he gets his premiership second ruck assistant back . ;)
After the madness of last Friday night with Cotchin I’m not ruling out any possibilities. :p
I will say if I see it again I will lie naked in the SUV ,blindfolded and whilst squeezing my nuts fiercely I will be listening and singing to the Crows song. :mad::D

Rioli comes back so he gets his premiership second ruck assistant back . ;)
After the madness of last Friday night with Cotchin I’m not ruling out any possibilities. :p
I will say if I see it again I will lie naked in the SUV ,blindfolded and whilst squeezing my nuts fiercely I will be listening and singing to the Crows song. :mad::D
I think that Rioli, Martin and Townsend will all come in.

Morn TI, remember jlt v ess, Garth rucked for 1 qtr and won more-evened the contest-lost a couple, in his only time 'up'. He will be a solid backman for this club very soon, but, do you remember the screamer he took at footscray? he can also 'spring' when he is released from his nullifying-defensive roll. Do you believe he could be an option to 'pinch hit' in the ruck duties to help nanks or purely back, would like your opinion, cheers.

Big game this. I'm no doctor but I reckon Astbury will play. Martin & Rioli locks to come in and I reckon Graham will too. Tempted to play Towna also.

Think I'd go - Martin, Rioli, Graham & Townsend for Miles, Higgins, Menadue & one of Butler/BEllis.

I reckon Moore deserves another go. Four changes is a lot, perhaps Graham or Towna won't come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very frustrating result, win on Friday and we’d be sitting 2 games clear of the top 4. And a win this weekend would have (likely) put us 2 wins clear of top 2.

Martin out hurt us more than we estimated, his output is down in 2018 but commands a lot of attention from opposition sides and frees up teammates.

Win this weekend is crucial, beat Sydney after the bye and all is forgiven as it would likely restore our 2 game break inside the top 4.

Don’t see us making 5-6 changes, bottom 4 sides getting belted by 100 points make less unforced changes, let alone 2nd on the ladder off a 2 goal loss interstate against a side playing for their season.

Out: Moore, Miles, Menadue/Higgins
In: Martin, Townsend, Rioli

Forward line back to our 2017 finals structure. Graham to play a couple of weeks in the VFL and return after the bye.

Hopefully will regain at least one of (if not both) Houli and Prestia for the Sydney game.

Astbury to get up for Sunday. Sometimes you’ve gotta play through a little pain/niggle. Everyone on this board seemingly wants to rest players at the slightest sign of soreness.

Players play sore all year, we aren’t as good as people think we are, we don’t have the luxury of managing niggles at this point in the season. We go 0-2 over these next 2 50/50 games, we can forget about top 2 and we’re suddenly in a dogfight for top 4 and staring down the barrel of a trip west for week 1 of finals.

If there isn’t any structural damage or chance of further injury, Astbury plays.

I think you misunderstood me. I am all for giving our youths a chance but playing them for so long whilst under performing is not the solution. I think Menadue, Moore and Higgo in particular should be dropped immediately. We are getting smashed in the ruck and Balta can pinch hit and take that massive grab in the forward line. He would have been a better bet than Moore and far more versatile as he can play back as well. I am all for dropping senior players who don't perform which is why I question why Conca remains in the side when his turnovers hurt us more than any other player.
Balta wasn't sighted in the the 1st half yesterday.Done a a few nice things,But seriously on the back of a few nice things against a VFL side compared too coming up against a seasoned AFL side in Geelong.Won't happen.

Classy.

Clearly you haven’t watched Geelong all season because if you had you’d know why we’re in better shape than last year including - defence ranked #1 in the comp, Ablett adding class and experience, the emergence of Tim Kelly in the midfield, Tom Stewart’s AA form.

But sure, call those facts biased and expect we won’t put up a contest on Sunday if it makes you sleep well at night.
Sorry but each time i try and watch the cats all i get on the screen is this.
images
(Actual screen shot)

Possibly or Balta
Balta ahead of Garth?
Your kidding.
Garth has been consistent all year.
Smiley puts a in a good run down the wing and all of a sudden he's AFL ready.

Morn TI, remember jlt v ess, Garth rucked for 1 qtr and won more-evened the contest-lost a couple, in his only time 'up'. He will be a solid backman for this club very soon, but, do you remember the screamer he took at footscray? he can also 'spring' when he is released from his nullifying-defensive roll. Do you believe he could be an option to 'pinch hit' in the ruck duties to help nanks or purely back, would like your opinion, cheers.
As those memories of his athleticism are still with me , I still believe the club are grooming him to be a Rancesque type and would be reluctant to throw him in the ruck as he's essentially 18 months into his development. IMO reading up on his Forward history he could make a future swing man type when things down forward get a bit stale. I think Moore has a more mature body to be a chop out ruck and and would prefer his hard earned lousy Rookie payment fee in this area rather than throwing a young kid to the wolves. Garth should only play if Astbury is out as I've always looked at him replacing Astbury in the long term.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back