• Nathan Broad

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially they have different rules subject to the distance of the ball off the ground, totally ridiculous.

Theoretically if Hickey had ridden on a players shoulder and touched the ball at exactly the same position between the posts then it would have been cleared as a goal immediately because it would have been touched higher than the level of the padding, sounds more ludicrous the more you examine the whole saga.

very interesting point on the matter!

I'm going to raise your point with Rohan Connolly when chatting to him tonight, see what his thoughts are on it too.

reckon it is a very valid concern!

Exactly...AFL with their Rule changes on the run...with no imput from those that are directly involved...so now we have a cascaded effect of different scenarios for what constitutes and does not constitute a goal in relation to the goal posts and boundary line between the goal posts...and goal post padding!
and flags and flag holders

What is this nonsense about goal post padding. The ball has to go over the line, in any part of the ground, including the goals. The goal posts without padding are the width of the line, so why the hell have they introduced goal post padding as a measure. It is nonsensical.
Pretty sure the outside of the padding is perpendicular to the outside of the goal line. Look at the stills of Higgins goal.

Pretty sure the outside of the padding is perpendicular to the outside of the goal line. Look at the stills of Higgins goal.
From my limited knowledge, I think the back of the post is level with the back of the line (the posts essentially sits inside the field of play). So when the padding is put on the padding actually sits behind the line.

From my limited knowledge, I think the back of the post is level with the back of the line (the posts essentially sits inside the field of play). So when the padding is put on the padding actually sits behind the line.
It would seem my limited knowledge is even less than your limited knowledge, which sort of makes it hard to continue this argument...

..... other than it still sh*ts me.

It would seem my limited knowledge is even less than your limited knowledge, which sort of makes it hard to continue this argument...

..... other than it still sh*ts me.
Best debates are usually between two morons with limited knowledge!!!!!
No need for facts or common sense to get in the way.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I was referring to, red line is straight up and down, picture was rotated from this by 3 degrees to match (should be about 3.3 if I was making it exact):
upload_2018-5-29_13-9-2.png

De goey kicks 6 against the saints and now worth 800k+. We got caddy for a steal then
thats where you have got it wrong.
You arent buying de goey for his football. Its his story telling ability thats where his inflated price has come from.
The bloke is going to be a fiction author.
Degoey kicks goals and pinch hits in the middle but he tells excellent stories.

Caddy just kicks goals and doesnt make up stories. Caddy only plays forward and dominates and plays midfield in bursts.

Caddy needs to add bullshit artist to his resume if he wants to be getting coin like degoey..

This is probably a good picture to share. Shows why the picture can't be taken as gospel but certainly highlights the problems of our current system
Far too complicated for the score review panel DrMike. What they need is a black and white picture broken into segments with numbers allocated to each segment. Then a collection of crayons to complete the colouring in. Might add even more time to the decision making process but, after all, it is critically important to get these decisions right.

That was a bloody good win by the boys on Saturday. 2 goals down during the third, 2 players down and found a way to win. Cotch was sensational, saw little bits of old Dusty, Menadue and Moore hopefully get more of a run, lots to like.

Just on the replay, can someone staple a list of Richmond players names with photos so Sandy Roberts can get one right..........just one Sandy. Edy McFatchins was only just better. Good to see Poosy is now on the bandwagon.........gave Reecey a nice couple of clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back