Autopsy Roast & toast vs St Kilda, changes for Brisbane, Thursday June 29

Best vs Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this is going to be Young's biggest test by miles with Danaher and Hipster being no donkeys + a resting ruckers (what a wank you can't say ruckmen anymore) having an occasional rest forward. we know balta can hold his own, youngs performace against top quality but inconsistent talls will be crucial.
I'm really concerned more about our INS and OUTS as against the Saints our balance was perfect and especially in the FL. We had the same number or F50 entries as them yet had double the scoring shots. MRJ, Clarke, Baker and co worked diligently to the old successful game style of harassing, tackling, pressure acts etc to maintain the ball in there. This enabled the midfield troops to come in for support and even defenders to waltz in and kick 3 goals for us.
The biggest ball breaker for me was in the FL all year and when the ball was being kicked into play or a deep opposition kick we applied bugger all pressure on that kick and the ball got too easily out for an easy mark or possession up the field. Minibus put an end to that last week and it was pleasing to see that adjustment being made.
This allows less time in the BL or opposition F50 and our defenders, mainly tall have more time and better time to set up defensively.
Who said footy was a complicated game?;)
We need the same forward setup and like has to come in for a better like only. Hopper for JGTI is the obvious one. HRS is a sub and I would just play Pickett for him as Sub as a tough mature body maybe needed in the end, plus it hides him away from all the bs media attention a bit longer. Ryan is basically the hardest and impossible replacement as Brisvegas' rucks looked ok last night and they're big units. I would add another runner in Brown and we just have to cut our losses in that one and hope our mf do their job.

Last edited:

No surprise there. A big part of their game plan always seems to be finding a way to get their opponents to give away a free. Usually by retaliating to some form of cheap shot.

It's about time we beat these fake tough guys on their own shithole. We've lost the last 3 times against them there.
Yeah it's definitely a tactic Fagan uses. Let's just concentrate on the footy and don't get sucked into their bullshit. Be hard the ball is the way to hurt them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a bit tongue in cheek but we have the mens ashes right now and they are all batters....
and not long ago in an AFLW game a woman on baller who broke a tackle was called a bull by daisy pearce.
Ah okay, no worries. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that name happens. That "batters" description makes me cringe and even the players say it.

Ah okay, no worries. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that name happens. That "batters" description makes me cringe and even the players say it.
i dont watch cricket but growing up we'd always just say batter at school (and the couple seasons of indoor i played)

batsman/men sounds a bit posh/official

i dont watch cricket but growing up we'd always just say batter at school (and the couple seasons of indoor i played)

batsman/men sounds a bit posh/official
It was always batsman growing up for me, but I'm guessing I'm several years older than you. The term 'batter' was used primarily in baseball. And I guess softball as well. It's only the last couple of decades that the more politically correct (and I really hate that ******* term and everything that comes with it) and gender neutral 'batter' has been used to describe a batsman in cricket.

I still hate it and refuse to use it.

containing hipwood will be key ,,,give youngy a start on him, if looking no good then broad , he did a number on jezza could do the same here
Balta played on him in the final last year but I reckon Balta is more switched on defensively this season. As you say, Hipwood runs a lot like Cameron from the Cats so I'd start Broad on him.
Young and Balta for Fort, Daniher.
Its been Grimes vs C. Cameron.
Their other smalls usually get on the scoreboard too.
OMac is playing quite well so its going to be a tough task to win it

Back