Autopsy Roast & Toast vs St Kilda rd18 & Changes for Collingwood rd19

Best players vs St Kilda

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon you guys are a chance, but I do think we will set ourselves for this week, and for next week v Cats.
I’m a bit nervous about this game but if we get back to anywhere near last September form, we should win comfortably but just not sure about you guys. You really haven’t beaten anyone of note so far but form is improving
I honestly think we can win, you guys have been powerful for a long time and what is really impressive is that if a team is close to you say middle of the last quarter you can blown them away in the final 10 minutes. I think you have a great combination of belief, systems, skills and hard bodies that prob wear down most teams.
Some times you play a team when they're up and about and they can be dangerous, think the way we beat North will give us confidence.
It's interesting the teams we have beaten and where they're on the ladder. When we beat the crows they were I think in the top 4 and Melb may have been 4th and in form.
Very weired season few rubbish teams, lots of mid types and 2/3 standouts

the pies have injuries but they will come to play. should be a good game. closer than last time, and if we continue to kick for goal like john howard bowling offies then we will gift them the W like we did gws

amazing that a team that hasn’t played finals in 5 years is our only relevant rivalry out of carlton, essendon and collingwood have injuries

this year has a very 1980 feel about it

the pies have injuries but they will come to play. should be a good game. closer than last time, and if we continue to kick for goal like john howard bowling offies then we will gift them the W like we did gws

amazing that a team that hasn’t played finals in 5 years is our only relevant rivalry out of carlton, essendon and collingwood have injuries

this year has a very 1980 feel about it

Mate Eagles are more of a worry than Collingwood by far , they absolutely destroyed them last week even without Nic Nat playing

The last Collingwood game I had to sit in amongst the actual magpie fan plebs ...for real! Like it was the 90’s or something.... chills.
Anyway, they were all carrying on at 3QT and I just remember my mate and I saying to the clown in front of us “don’t go to the bar or the toilet champ or you’ll miss it”. Miss what ? He says.
“You’ll see”. Was so good to then have our blokes back it up.
Can see the same happening again.

The last Collingwood game I had to sit in amongst the actual magpie fan plebs ...for real! Like it was the 90’s or something.... chills.
Anyway, they were all carrying on at 3QT and I just remember my mate and I saying to the clown in front of us “don’t go to the bar or the toilet champ or you’ll miss it”. Miss what ? He says.
“You’ll see”. Was so good to then have our blokes back it up.
Can see the same happening again.

They can brag if they win the flag until then they should all just stfu .

In relation to the flag Eagles are our biggest concern imo not Collingwood .
Giants. Thought it about 3-4 weeks ago and they are just building nicely.

we’re not playing the eagles, we’re playing the pies mate

In relation to the flag Eagles are our biggest concern imo not Collingwood .

You blokes and your concerns. My biggest concern is if this game is moved to a night game and full strength beer isn't available. What the $&(;:)$@ hell !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...on-for-blockbuster-debut-20180722-p4zsz1.html

Tiger rookie in contention for blockbuster debut

Richmond rookie Liam Baker is in contention to debut in Saturday’s MCG blockbuster against Collingwood after starring again in the VFL.

The diminutive West Australian kicked three goals as the Tigers consolidated their spot atop the VFL ladder with a 66-point win over Sandringham at Trevor Barker Beach Oval yesterday.

Baker, taken at pick 18 in last November’s rookie draft, was a travelling emergency for the Tigers game against Greater Western Sydney last weekend and Richmond VFL coach Craig McRae said after yesterday’s showing that the youngster looked ready to play at the top level, although conceded opportunities could be hard to come by after Richmond’s seniors thumped St Kilda on Friday.

“He’s in serious form. He was unlucky not to play a couple of weeks ago,” McRae said.

“He looks like an AFL footballer. He played as a genuine forward this week. Normally we’ll play him in mid roles, forward/mids. It probably held him out that he hadn’t played much forward with us.

“Today after what he did, I don’t think he’ll play much with us going forward.

“The way he played today, he’ll certainly grab the attention of the match committee.”

McRae said he was impressed with the way Baker adapted to ‘‘a different role’’. ‘‘He’s been playing a role where he’s around the ball at stoppages, where today he was having to create his own opportunity, so I was really pleased with how he did that.

“They played pretty well Friday night, so it’s going to be hard to get into that team but he looks really ready.”

Reckon Towner plays.
I distinctly remember the last Collingwood game and he was out and it was really noticeable that it let Collingwood blokes off the leash a little bit and also made it hard work for Jack.

I disagree with how some view Macca. I think he is very important to our structure. He is an endurance running machine and adds genuine grunt. You do not have to get the pill all the time to be an important player. I would leave him in the team.
It’s a hard one with Kmac.
I agree with what you say, I think he plays a wing role where he just runs forward and back, with an emphasis on filling in defensive positions and applying pressure.
He can be fumbling and his kicks are either spot on or atrocious and everyone remembers the bad ones.
The fact he doesn’t rack up big numbers makes it easy to put him up as the whipping boy.
He has been below par this year though and lost his spot as a result and appears to have got it back more through injuries than from in the vfl.
His game was ok on Friday, he will keep his spot for now.
I like what he brings in terms of his competitiveness for his size and endurance to the role, but won’t be upset when he loses his spot to a player with better disposal and can get the pill a bit more.

Watched the VFL stream today and Baker definitely needs to get an opportunity. He just seems to be where the ball is and then uses it well plus he can sniff out a goal. If Bolton and CEllis can get an opportunity then i cant see why Baker isnt worth a try, could he be the Jack Graham fairytale story of the Tigers 2018 finals campaign.

On that logic you would be dropping McIntosh for Stengle.
Perhaps everybody who slammed Macintosh should watch a replay of the game and you might see that he was pretty good actually. He had more impact than a lot of players including caddy and flossy

Can you please share what quarter in the AFL replay, where Macintosh played really well ? From what I saw he fumbled a lot and hardly laid a decent tackle !! Townsend and Baker were the best players in the VFL and should be rewarded .

Watched the replay for the first time.
McIntosh was very good in the first quarter.
A passage of play when he runs along the wing, outpaces three opponents, and passes perfectly. He is a damaging kick.
Menadue is flaky.
Moore is not a great player but he does add unpredictability to a pack marking contest in the forward line.
He simply must be covered by the defence.
In the final analysis, I would omit Menadue and reluctantly Moore.
It still leaves only two positions for Butler, Graham and Houli.
It is a conundrum for the match selection panel.
I would say West Coast is a danger and GWS is recovering form towards the business end of the season.

I think everyone is forgetting that the pies smashed us the last time we played them. Not on the scoreboard obviously, but morally, where it counts for much much more.

Wowee the pies were brave that day. #SoBrave

The only reason The tiges have any chance is because I’m hearing a faint whisper that the pies may have one or two injuries within their squad #NoRupertWillsNoPies

Back