Autopsy Roast & toast vs Suns & changes for West Coast round 8

Best vs Suns

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I’ve noticed since our years where we’ve become a powerhouse both on and off the field the club quickly tapers off to nothing. We are lucky now that we are financially stable bc mainly due to our large number of members and sponsorship which is a testament to all the people managing the club . So we can afford a drop of 15-30 % in membership if times get tough and still operate smoothly. My concerns atm are:
I’m not for sacking KDH, but I do want him to have better assistants who can prepare our players to a new game plan. Blind Freddy could see that hard times could soon hit us with our triple / double premiership jets ageing , injured , retiring and leaving. I thought we could survive for two more seasons at the top, but it’s come earlier than my expectations.
My real concerns atm is player fitness, player hunger , recent drafts, game plan -which is hard to assess with so many injuries ; kids development and decline of most and why so many injuries since we got a new fitness man in?
KDH hunger to succeed and his poor attitude in press conferences is an also a concern , Neil Balme seemingly to have lost his ruthlessness - maybe bc of his illness scare last year and finally what happens if Benny goes. There are a lot of issues now that are more serious than 2016 bc we had a stable and intelligent lot of people at the top which I shamefully underestimated back then. Peggy is also gone and the top decision makers are now thinner Or inexperienced.
My question poses is that it’s been almost seven years since we had that external review which put everyone from Benny to the orange peeler on the one page and ironed out most of our problems at the time. So do we need to invest money into another review to get everyone back on track focusing on how to win our next premiership? I believe people at the top have just gone back to pre 2016 believing a premiership was just going to evolve and instead hairline cracks opened up into ones Possibly arising from a natural disaster. KDH at the start of the year stated that this was the best list he’s ever had and I was with him on it also, but who could’ve predicted all our injuries, ageing players form dropping off and our kids mostly dropping off or some just not at the level ? Has complacency and arrogance set in again?
Did you watch the after match presser on Sunday out of interest?
If you did and you really think Dimma isn’t invested and hurting by what they dished up, I’m at a loss to understand why you feel that way. He was devastated and you can tell he’s extremely motivated to get them back to the way we should be playing. Dimma is not our biggest concern, far from it.
Injuries have killed us, but it’s not the sole reason. Finishing skills and our total inability to score is what’s hurting more than anything as our defence has been ok. We leak scores only when we are pretty well forced to change things up by moving Balta.
Can it change this season? Not sure but this has a 2016 feel about it for me.

Why ? He is actually one of the few players that hasn't been a total disgrace this year
uhmm because he played in 3 premierships lining up in the fwds not only that he played significantly well in a few finals games leading up to the flags
hes a proven asset in the fwd line
hed be the most rounded small fwd in the comp,hed return to being one of the most dangerous , we are overstocked with HB's yet we dont have 1 dangerous small fwd,we are now playing for the future n possible premiership tilts from 2026 and beyond
our fwd line is a shamozzle,its embarrasing and so are experiments with Mansell,MRJ and Baker down there
if anyone thinks Daniel Rioli cant return to the fwd line then they know nothing of aussie rules,the most versatile small in our side and most probably the whole comp and hes wasted across HB where its an easy kick and we sit back and watch the most useless fwd line in action week in week out save
for 2 1/2 qtrs v Crows n 1 good qtr v Dogs and guess wot,both oppo coaches shut us down quick smart

Did you watch the after match presser on Sunday out of interest?
If you did and you really think Dimma isn’t invested and hurting by what they dished up, I’m at a loss to understand why you feel that way. He was devastated and you can tell he’s extremely motivated to get them back to the way we should be playing. Dimma is not our biggest concern, far from it.
Injuries have killed us, but it’s not the sole reason. Finishing skills and our total inability to score is what’s hurting more than anything as our defence has been ok. We leak scores only when we are pretty well forced to change things up by moving Balta.
Can it change this season? Not sure but this has a 2016 feel about it for me.
Did you see his pre match interview. He was all cocky as if we were going to kill it. Sorry I’m not buying into your argument.
we were all hurting after the match. Why couldn’t Dimma get the best or more out of them as if was it like nobody gave a damn all game. . It hasn’t just been one poor second half all season and the first half was embarrassing as well. If he hasn,t identified all our basic skill errors then he’s not fully invested.

If we can't nail a short pass to a teammate over 20 metres I don't know why we are all surprised that when total focus is on the player in question they can't kick straight for goal 30 metres or over from a set shot.

Let's be really honest, Jack has been pretty reliable in front of the sticks across his career but now seems a bit off but who else in our squad would you trust to kick the goal from 30 metres dead in front when we absolutely need it. Lynch I wouldn't say he has set the world on fire but probably our best set shot after Jack.

The usual suspects have had some absolutely horrendous misses in the last few seasons, our goal kicking generally is well below par but it's just kicking in general, field kicking has been woeful and I can't see how you improve so called professional players in this area during the course of a season. They are either good or bad and at the moment the majority are very bad.

If we can't nail a short pass to a teammate over 20 metres I don't know why we are all surprised that when total focus is on the player in question they can't kick straight for goal 30 metres or over from a set shot.

Let's be really honest, Jack has been pretty reliable in front of the sticks across his career but now seems a bit off but who else in our squad would you trust to kick the goal from 30 metres dead in front when we absolutely need it. Lynch I wouldn't say he has set the world on fire but probably our best set shot after Jack.

The usual suspects have had some absolutely horrendous misses in the last few seasons, our goal kicking generally is well below par but it's just kicking in general, field kicking has been woeful and I can't see how you improve so called professional players in this area during the course of a season. They are either good or bad and at the moment the majority are very bad.
Ryan seems to be a reliable set shot but yeah we have some shockers.

uhmm because he played in 3 premierships lining up in the fwds not only that he played significantly well in a few finals games leading up to the flags
hes a proven asset in the fwd line
hed be the most rounded small fwd in the comp,hed return to being one of the most dangerous , we are overstocked with HB's yet we dont have 1 dangerous small fwd,we are now playing for the future n possible premiership tilts from 2026 and beyond
our fwd line is a shamozzle,its embarrasing and so are experiments with Mansell,MRJ and Baker down there
if anyone thinks Daniel Rioli cant return to the fwd line then they know nothing of aussie rules,the most versatile small in our side and most probably the whole comp and hes wasted across HB where its an easy kick and we sit back and watch the most useless fwd line in action week in week out save
for 2 1/2 qtrs v Crows n 1 good qtr v Dogs and guess wot,both oppo coaches shut us down quick smart
No

Ben Miller worst set shot I've seen in my life . Even I can do better than him. Guy kicks it out on the full 15 m out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast have only 26 fit players and have stopped properly training so they can field a team. Would take some effort for us to drop this game.
Sounds like a challenge. Lucky our players aren’t up for a challenge so we should get the win

We are too slow up forward particularly.
Jack is still a good player but he was easily beaten and was led to the ball all game and then had to chase tail around which he cannot do to quick defenders these days. Adding Ryan makes us slower, adding Cotchin even more so. They waltzed it out of our backline.

We are not quick through the middle, but there are plenty of good players in there so we are matching most teams up to a point. We have had to push our most dangerous small forward Bolton into the middle far more to get some real extraction. Dusty is slowly getting his mojo up, but it's getting sort of late.

The move of Pickett into the midfield looks like a good move. He is quick and hard. Dow is worth a shot as well. Short was good in there but he is good everywhere. We really need to add some speed. I know Hugo divides posters but he is worth a shot on the wing for a few games to see if he is any good. He is in and out of the side constantly so it is really hard to preform like that knowing every errant kick might send you back to the VFL. He needs to be backed.

Cotchin is the very obvious out, but somehow I don't think that will happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing Miller play at full forward all game with the ball being directed to him a majority of the time. He is playing so overwhelmed as a ruck, coming up against Gawn, Grundy and Witts in two weeks hasn't helped, but I would like to seem him backed, even for just one game to see if he can actually lead for the ball and jump at it. At the moment he doesn't know if he is Arthur of Martha, and it's mostly Martha. One week to save his career. If not Bauer, who for some inexplicable reason is being played as a back.

We are too slow up forward particularly.
Jack is still a good player but he was easily beaten and was led to the ball all game and then had to chase tail around which he cannot do to quick defenders these days. Adding Ryan makes us slower, adding Cotchin even more so. They waltzed it out of our backline.

We are not quick through the middle, but there are plenty of good players in there so we are matching most teams up to a point. We have had to push our most dangerous small forward Bolton into the middle far more to get some real extraction. Dusty is slowly getting his mojo up, but it's getting sort of late.

The move of Pickett into the midfield looks like a good move. He is quick and hard. Dow is worth a shot as well. Short was good in there but he is good everywhere. We really need to add some speed. I know Hugo divides posters but he is worth a shot on the wing for a few games to see if he is any good. He is in and out of the side constantly so it is really hard to preform like that knowing every errant kick might send you back to the VFL. He needs to be backed.

Cotchin is the very obvious out, but somehow I don't think that will happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing Miller play at full forward all game with the ball being directed to him a majority of the time. He is playing so overwhelmed as a ruck, coming up against Gawn, Grundy and Witts in two weeks hasn't helped, but I would like to seem him backed, even for just one game to see if he can actually lead for the ball and jump at it. At the moment he doesn't know if he is Arthur of Martha, and it's mostly Martha. One week to save his career. If not Bauer, who for some inexplicable reason is being played as a back.
I wouldn’t go down that path with Miller, he’s never going to make it as a forward, they tried him there for some VFL games in 21 and he had no idea.
May as well try Bauer, at least he attacks the ball in the air. It may be asking too much of him to play that 2nd kpf, at AFL level, but he’ll have a crack. We’ve probably played Ryan before he’s ready and that’s out ok

Here's the rule:

View attachment 1676038
He was well within the 9m zone so (a) doesn't apply, however he clearly wasn't under any immediate pressure so I would think that constitutes a free kick, right?

For example, let's say he had grabbed the ball, and then just walked it or handballed it or whatever across the line without anyone near him, it's a deliberate rushed behind.
I think you right however isn’t it amazing that the AFL cannot write a rule in a way that can only be interpreted in one way. And this is a relatively simple rule

yep i just ask em how many flags their team has won since this century

and considering hawks and brisbane have no fans, you're gonna cum out on top every time unless they're a geelol fan and i don't associate with geelol fans so no issues there
I ask st Kilda supporters what does there club and Zane Corey have in common

Doesn’t get enough of it either.
Considering the reserves team has low team statts in every game
We play, sam is doing quite nicely,,
What is interesting if you look at our 2 afl wingmen
They are both averaging less disposals per game than sam is in the vfl...mmmm interesting
Steve Morris seems very happy with the way Sam is playing

I wouldn’t go down that path with Miller, he’s never going to make it as a forward, they tried him there for some VFL games in 21 and he had no idea.
May as well try Bauer, at least he attacks the ball in the air. It may be asking too much of him to play that 2nd kpf, at AFL level, but he’ll have a crack. We’ve probably played Ryan before he’s ready and that’s out ok
Send Miller to defence and try Young forward. Young is a real competitor

Not going to a huge crowd there on saturday.

1. Forecast to be 14 degrees with 2-15mm of rain
2. Buses replace trains on Frankston line between South Yarra and Moorabbin
3. Buses replace trains on the Cranbourne/Pakenham line between South Yarra and Oakleigh.

Unless they flood in from the east west and north, sub 25k will be there.
We usually provide good attendance from the nort West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back