Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't say Higgins was poor.
It was a good team effort.
If we have to make one omission for Riewoldt, he is who I would select, that is all.
I would retain Baker, Bolton and Stack.

I must have been watching a different game to a few on here given the calls for Higgins to be dropped. 25 disposals 6 marks 5 tackles & 2 clearances from 76% game time rolling through the middle is a solid game for a kid in his second season. IMO I think because we're not seeing the highlight reel stuff people are thinking he isn't playing well. For mine Higgins is playing the type of games that Graham should be producing.
Higgo really frustrated me tonight, very panicky, dinky kicks, what was his disp efficiency? You are right, he just looks so pedestrian compared to Stack/Ross/Bolton, even Baker.

I'd say Higgo out, Riewoldt in, unless Ross is red-zoning?

I think unlikely we see Lunch on Wednesday night.

Not only because it’s dinner time, but short break for a bloke coming back from a long time out of the game. Jack for Lynch gives him a rest and Balta some more time to play and do ruck support.

Although B Ellis played a decent enough game I’d almost drop him out for Cotch. More than enough who can run the wing, with Houli back and shed and stack coming out of defence. Would be a shame to drop Bolton or Baker, think both did some really great link up work and set up a lot of goals between them! Good pressure too.

Got over for my 1st live game this year.

The game was a little disappointing in that it was riddled with skill errors on both sides but that aside it was great to see our new players in action.

Can't put my finger on it but we've a different look this year.

Looking forward to Wednesday night's game before I have to head back over the ditch.

Just got home from the game, it was pretty warm in the stadium. I’d say we were at least an eight goal better team. The crappy umpiring continues, with a number of their goals coming directly from free kicks. There seemed to be an inordinate amount of fumbles and I can’t remember too many contested marks by our players. When we ran out onto the ground we looked noticeably smaller. Thought Higgins and Lynch were both quiet and didn’t use their opportunities as well as they have. Ross was excellent in the first half but didn’t notice him much in the 2nd half. Martin was better but he’s not breaking tackles as well as he has in previous years. Personally I wouldn’t play both Higgins and Baker, one of them should miss if Riewoldt is right to come back.

You believe everything coach says in his presser? Do you also believe in the easter bunny
Very mature response.

Yes, I do believe what our coach says in his press conferences because for the best part of 10 years he's never played games with selection questions - that's not how he operates. I couldn't care less what other coaches do.

Higgo really frustrated me tonight, very panicky, dinky kicks, what was his disp efficiency? You are right, he just looks so pedestrian compared to Stack/Ross/Bolton, even Baker.

I'd say Higgo out, Riewoldt in, unless Ross is red-zoning?
72%. As I said I must have been watching a different game to a few people on here as I thought he was quite good simply playing a solid midfielders game which for mine is better than doing the highlight reel stuff. Don't see him being dropped any time soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great atmosphere tonight, the tiger army was LOUD AND PROUD
thought broad boy was excellent tonight,
As was the big nank
Spicy meatball was numero uno
Kmac, Dusty, sheda,grimey were all very good
And the only Sydney worth cheering for was supreme
Is long, we remain so strong, the naysayers were wrong, we can still
WIN THE BIG ONE

If Rioli is sore he could be rested, return for Doggies.
Dimma said he is most likely fit.
In: Riewoldt (if fit).
Out: Higgins.
No dramas.

Isnt it comforting knowing you can lose an absolute champ in rance and still have broady, grimes, astbury all there.
Buddy got half his kicks off soft umpiring, nothing but a washed up coke head

I think unlikely we see Lunch on Wednesday night.

Not only because it’s dinner time, but short break for a bloke coming back from a long time out of the game. Jack for Lynch gives him a rest and Balta some more time to play and do ruck support.

Although B Ellis played a decent enough game I’d almost drop him out for Cotch. More than enough who can run the wing, with Houli back and shed and stack coming out of defence. Would be a shame to drop Bolton or Baker, think both did some really great link up work and set up a lot of goals between them! Good pressure too.
I’d be very surprised to see Ellis out. Thought he was very good again on the wing running both ways playing to his strengths.
No more back line for him though he was born to play wing with his tank.

Out: Rioli (rest that corkie)
In: Riewoldt

Balta should be used to Run Preuss ragged.

Can we stop with the objectification of Sarah Olle? Very tiresome when we finally get some female representation on footy broadcasts and all anyone says is regarding their looks.

Had a brief look at Melb match.
They have Foxtel at MSAC.
Oliver is their best player obviously.
Good opportunity for young Ross to target.
They say Tom McDee had two ankle surgeries in the off-season.
Grimes to Melksham, Broad to Petracca, Astbury to Weideman.

Dont forget though that Balta is bloody quick. We don't lose any speed with him in the side.

Might not lose speed but we lose a s**t load of endurance which is far more valuable. Balta has played 3 quarters out of 16 and is the biggest passenger in the side at the moment but for the time being he keeps his spot as he can relieve the work load on Nankervis and long term he is going to be a lot better of with the development he will receive this season.

He was pretty bad.

Beaten one on one a lot and statistically the worst Richmond ranked player on the ground after 64 inside 50's.

But it can be forgiven as he's been solid and still doesn't look 100% to me.
You have a look at the free'd buddy got, then have a look at what Lynch didn't get. It just amazes me how buddy gets looked after. I thought he tried hard but our kicking into our fwd 50 was deplorable.

Back