Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sat next to the Cheer Squad and had a good look at the forward set up in the first quarter. Aliir would pick up Lynch and Reid would basically stand in front of Lynch and block his run. Then they would swap and Rampe would go back and block Lynch. There was not much space to work in, but when the ball went up the other end of the ground, Lynch would run to the wing. I thought this was a strange tactic, as Lynch was not following his man, but he was moving up the field like he did in the last quarter against Port. Given it was the first quarter, I would have left him deep, as his strength is his leading at the ball. He crunched several packs and created spillage for Ellis, Dusty and co. So even though he didn't hit the scoreboard, he hit the packs at full speed. Can't wait until he reaches peak fitness. Then in the second quarter, I saw the defensive set ups. No Rance, but there was PLENTY of talk amongst the defensive structure. The coaches talk about "system", it is really interesting to see it up close. Broad has some serious speed and composure. Will never be in our "bests players", but he did a fine job linking up.

Glad there is an "umpires" thread because they were the lowlight of the evening. Atrocious second half by the men in phlegm. In a way, I was happy Rance was not playing or Ray Chamberpot was not umpiring or Duddy would have kicked 8 goals (6 from frees).. Rioli being held three times in one passage - He had to change his jumper as it was stretched 3 sizes too big..

The kids were awesome - and as long as they keep playing this well, they will keep Butler, Graham, Grigg out of the team. It will be hard to get back into this line up with Jack and Cotchin returning. Those thinking Higgins or Castagna will be dropped - please watch the game before suggesting changes. The were both good players on the night. Macca was INCREDIBLE and was my BOG. Stack is a steal, Balta has to stay and be allowed to settle. Prestia and Edwards were HUGE. We are a better side with Caddy. Nank was huge.

Changes ;

Out - Anyone who is sore, three umpires from this game
In - Jack, Big M little league umpires.

It really annoyed me that Richo said" clear free kick to Buddy" He shouldn't be calling Richmond games. He tries to hide his bias and over compensates.
Yeh he does and he is annoying the s**t out of me
And if that was a free to buddy i need to go to specsavers.
It actually was a clear free kick to Buddy, problem was that there was a much, much, much clearer free kick to Dylan a couple of seconds earlier... ****ing headlock!!!

In some of the marking contests, the Swans had two defenders on Lynch, so we have a forward free in space.
He was also involved in goal assists, ie, the handball to Ellis.
A huge level of hatred from Collingwood fans for Lynch shows it was the correct decision to recruit.
They also hate when Dimma says "a Richmond-type player".

After watching swans it’s definitely end of an era for them.
15 Year’s of consecutive finals is amazing but now it’s Tigers time.

You are.
Take those Jack Higgins glasses off.:p:D
Like I said must have been watching a different game. Higgins to me played the type of game we've been dying to see Graham play. Accountable defensively but getting hands on the footy and being part of the offensive side of the game. Last night Higgins ranked top 5 for disposals tackles and pressure acts and as I said played a solid midfielders game. There is no way he gets dropped

It really annoyed me that Richo said" clear free kick to Buddy" He shouldn't be calling Richmond games. He tries to hide his bias and over compensates.
Starting to get sicko of Richo with Richmond games commentory...

Well ground out win, the type req against Sydney .pleased with youngsters stepping up , Dusty’s return to form and anyone else notice our defensive setup has changed in rancey absense Much quicker to get numbers back and crowd defensive 50 like the bookies ring on cup day. Sheds bought in with stack to add some dare and Bachar goes alright too. D O NOT underestimate the Tigers,

The only good thing about Etihad stadium
Is it only takes 25 minutes to get home
Coming from the burbs with no real access to train , I have a problem with marvel , city parking is like trying to find a spot Christmas Eve at chadstone , it’s all too hard. I’m thinking of lobbying the club to provide a shuttle bus from the wantirna club if anyone else is interested

Coming from the burbs with no real access to train , I have a problem with marvel , city parking is like trying to find a spot Christmas Eve at chadstone , it’s all too hard. I’m thinking of lobbying the club to provide a shuttle bus from the wantirna club if anyone else is interested
Im in strathmore only takes about 10 minutes-15 minutes drive
We park in one of the 3 streets behind festival hall. Its
About a 7 minute walk to gate 7 awesome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I thought he was only slightly less pathetic than he has been for the other games this year.
He kills so many goal scoring opportunities.

The reason he had 8 tackles is that he coughs it up straight to the opposition and then is closest to the pill to lay the tackle to try and get the ball back. Not good enough if you ask me.

He's the one to make way for Cotch.
This so much, 2nd to ball or fumbles and then tackles, worst handball skills in league, kicked a goal wowee...set shot 35m, no wind, comfortable lead, and be honest, everyone is thinking he is less than 50/50 to kick it.
Not writing him off, but back to 2’s and knock the door down.

Only thing to save him is match committee won’t play so many inexperienced players unless they must.

One small criticism was some of the easy misses at goal we had.
Lynch, Baker, Lambert all missed absolute sodas as did a few others. Swans weren’t much chop but against better opposition we need to take those chances.

Out: a player who is sore plus a couple of kids
In: Riewoldt, Butler and Naish

No passengers last night. Even George kicked a goal at last.

People picking Lynch to be dropped know nothing about football.

Can’t speak for everyone but having Lynch as an out for me isn’t dropping him.

It’s to do with the 4 day break and Lynch being under a soreness cloud leading into the Sydney match. It’s a player management decision not a performance one for mine.

Credit to Balmy for being a step ahead. Saw our depth was nothing more than list cloggers who would hold back the kids with actual talent. When injuries struck and there was panic he was sipping a cup of tea.

Whatever we’re paying the bloke still probably isn’t enough.
Needs more Monte Carlo!

Last edited:
I reckon it’s because we rely on the chaos ball, that also migh5 explain outer skilld
Kaos ball is good.But it's a hell of alot less taxing if we lower our eyes sometimes.

Looks like peeps wanna drop players for the sake of change.

Higgins, Balta, Bolton, Baker...
Did anyone even watch last night's game.
Balta is about to explode he is just realising he belongs and is already more calmer around the ball. The best thing about his game last night was his best qtr was qtr4. His tank is getting better.
Higgins did well.
Bolton is must keep his delivery to our forwards last night was sublime.
Baker too looked damaging.

Unchanged for me unless injuries occur or soreness occur.
Cantstandya did well last night but his disposal was still shocking and not at VFL standard let alone AFL standard. Watching live however you see the other s**t he brings which is obviously what Dimma loves.

Let's see what happens.

So no to Jack then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I parked there on a Sunday arvo game last year , didn’t know if still avail , cheers , we got 3 more bleedin games there
Yes anytime after 6pm there's no parking restriction
Not sure about Sunday arvo
If you get there late it's hard to get a spot
We try and arrive about 45 - 60 minutes b4 game starts and you can usually
Get one of those 3 streets,,, Stanley,,,Rosslyn,,,rodents
Or railway place

I was on the Belgrave line, 90% of the passengers were Richmond supporters so very peaceful but crowded. i think the solution might be to have team coloured trains ie only Richmond supporters re allowed to board their trains, other team supporters board their trains. Would be much more peaceful. You could do it by carriage as well, you’d have the Richmond theme song playing throughout the journey. Oh well that’s my great idea for the week, think I’ll go back to bed, lost my voice screaming at the umpires last night.
lolnorrf express.
1555813049659.png

Back