Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Finished the replay... Holy s**t I didn't realise neither team scored with 4 minutes remaining on the clock... No wonder that felt like torture when I was at the game.

Intense stuff.

People using this thread to witch hunt players for omission, probably best you stop watching football if you can't see the positive of beating the reigning premiers after being 5 goals down to make it 8 wins in a row. It's crazy how so many people think players don't have poor games and think they're all cyborgs who aren't allowed to make mistakes.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Out: Chol, Baker, Rioli. In: Balta, Cotchin, Naish. Chol, Baker and Rioli have consistently been in our worst players. It’s time to reward those in the magoos playing well. Balta has X factor dying for the big stage. Naish’s field kicking is Leon Cameron-esque and Cotchin is a no-brainer. Rioli has been carried for practically the entire season. Can only think of 1 game where he has dominated. Bakers a good average player at best. At worst an absolute liability.
Baker consistently one of our worst? What Baker have you been watching. Started slow in the backline but is getting better and better every week.
Last week CH Data ranked his last month as "above average" for a general defender. He's been a terrific small defender primarily used with our back 6 rotations.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
McGovern dominated that first quarter when he was able to intercept and take basically uncontested marks. Great coaching to change that after the second quarter because I don't think he had any influence after we started making him accountable.
It was interesting in todays Hun, Maulthouse said the Eagles backs pray on slower less mobile forward-lines and if we hold them accountable we'll have a big chance and then it will come down to a battle of the mids and who dominates. He was spot on

Marmik

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
R.Federer, M.Verstappen, ChelseaFC
Watching the replay Caddy was better than I thought and better than the stats suggest. He’s also definitely moving better than I’ve ever seen. Dare I say it he actually looks pretty quick and agile :oops:

Coming into some form at the right time of the year

Good call. I’m enjoying his game. He may not have had a lot of disposals but he had the composure when we needed it the most. We’ll need that in finals.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Baker consistently one of our worst? What Baker have you been watching. Started slow in the backline but is getting better and better every week.
Last week CH Data ranked his last month as "above average" for a general defender. He's been a terrific small defender primarily used with our back 6 rotations.
Footy isn’t about stats. It’s about impact and efficiency. 5 or 6 years ago Cotchin data rankings were through the roof but his 35 possies was padded out with cheap one two handballs to flat footed ruckman or dinky sideways kicks that gained nothing. Last couple of years his stats have been way down on that but his impact ten times more beneficial to the team. At the end of the day bakers kind of a spud 🥔 his decision making is painfully slow and his disposals are ordinary. Naish was unlucky to be dropped in first place.

Daveeee_12

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers, Man Utd
Best game he played in the back role. Very clean with the ball when the rain came.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Well that was a life affirming result, wasn’t it!

I’ve graded our amazing players by how many babies I want to have after watching them today.

👶🏾👶🏾👶🏾👶🏾👶🏾 Dusty 👅, Flossy 🧜🏼‍♂️
👶🏾👶🏾👶🏾👶🏾 Grimes 🦸‍♂️, Zombie Grimes 🧟‍♂️, Meatball 🍝, Shedwardo 🕺🏽, Soldo 🕴🏼, Hoooli 🔥, Astbury 👨🏽‍✈️,
👶🏾👶🏾👶🏾 Lynch 💞, JR8 💛, Baker 👨‍👦, Broad 📸, Caddy 🌶, Ellis 🙈
👶🏾👶🏾 Everyone else 🐐🐐🐐🐐
Good job, after you have shafted a wasp!! U a hermaphrodite?

Surely Soldo stays in now, done more than enough to earn his spot for finals

That’s a big decision...Can’t have Ivan and Nank...But Ivan was superb today...And ice-man with that goal and a slippery pill...Wowee...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Best win for the year no doubt. Hope it is a wet September! Grimes coming back on the ground was almost a bigger outcome than the win

On the negatives:
Ross had his worst game, would expect him to bounce back though
Soldo I thought was sloppy in the first half, I prefer Chol.
Would be good to get a full dry game in
Broad is a liability, I've been saying this for years but everybody always shuts me down, but yeah, he is
Yep, no chance.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Slobbo on the Tiger train

There’s a scary element about Richmond. Not the jump-from-behind-the-door-and-say-boo scary, more the hunter chasing its prey. You just know the Tigers won’t abandon the chase

They were near enough five goals down and then began their pursuit yesterday. There’s not a better wet-weather team as it suits their character and game style.

Dustin Martin is in 2017 form, so is Bachar Houli, and Dion Prestia looks built for wet-weather football. The Tigers are in the top four and play Brisbane Lions on Sunday. What a finish.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
We cannot allow Cameron out the back, must have a player on the last line.
McCluggage is a superstar, must hit real hard.
Zorko nailed a sensational goal on the run from 50, dangerous too.
Damien says Cotchin will play, really don't know who to omit.
WC scored a high proportion of goals from stoppages, not by key forwards.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Such a great win against 24 opponents (umpire #8 - Rosebury - is alright) that I'm not even going to bag Short, even though he was shithouse. ;)

I wonder if Garry Lyon watched and noticed that yes, the best player in the comp was indeed out there. He wears #4 for Richmond, and a couple of months ago, opponents thought they could tackle him. Poor, deluded, fools. Dusty can smell September, he's starting to get serious.

Speaking of blokes they can't tackle, Dion. Like I said in his thread, slipperier than a greased-up eel. Cannot tackle him.

Shedda, it's like watching Einstein if he could play guitar like Hendrix.

Floss. The Boss.

When Shai was lining up for goal in the last there was this big groundswell roar from the northern stand. I looked over and saw Shorty running off. I thought, yeah he's a soft panicky fraud who leaks goals but that's nothing new, why celebrate him coming off now? And then I saw Dylan Grimes run on. In the words of Bill Lawry, geddim up 'ere, I wanna boof 'im.

Grimey's gonna label his next vintage the Bachar and advise buyers to cellar it. How clean was the old bloke. Intent. Attack on the football.

Brando. "Run til you can't run no more, then run a bit more." "No worries, boss, want me to slam into contests, get up and go again?" "If you wouldn't mind." "You got it."

Jack. Just a wonderful leader, team player, general.

Roast: Umps were crooked, especially Mollison, he better pray we never meet. Goal kicking was poor. Rioli is lacking a yard of pace and a mountain of confidence. Lambert is carrying something because that was his worst game in four years. Number 15, he's s**t.

Great win. 5 goal moral victory. Don't buy the 'we were lucky it rained' crap. It wasn't raining in the second quarter and we should have been in front by half time.

We will beat Brisbane easily and sodomise everyone in September. Even with Whatshisname in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back