• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 89 31.9%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hats off too Houli in the last.Stepped up when the game was on the line and that last minute anticipation/intercept which i never thought he had in him was something to behold.
Loved Houli attacking the ball at pace near the end. He wanted that ball more than anyone else.
I remember after the GF, Houli saying he surprised himself with his desire to smash into packs and extract the ball. I have noticed he continues to do that in important moments. He is a better footballer since the GF.

Epic game guys. We played some clinical footy in that first quarter but I knew you'd drag yourselves back into it. Great battle in the last but you handled it better and came away with the win. Hopefully we meet again in September.

Oh, and please smash the Lions.
There was a moment at 29 points down that I thought we were finished but then we kicked a goal and all bets were off. I did think it took until the last 10 mins for WC to start playing to the conditions. You guys really need to deal with our roaming full-back setup if you want to win outside of centre clearance goals.

Double yes. Warner is the "dumbest campaigner" Rob Quiney has ever played cricket with ever. He was special guest at a football function back a few years and they took a q and a session. Bloke asks can you share some info on the aussie's we may not know. Without batting an eyelid Bob drops that line. Best. Flew back with Bob on a flight from Sunny Coast last year too. The game GWS got us overthere. He is a mad tiger. Talked footy whole way home. Top bloke.
Not really a surprise that Warner's a moron. To get involved in the stuff he has over the years you kinda have to be a complete f**kwit. The sooner he's out of the game the better.

Rioli concerns me... hasn't been great for a while, what's wrong with him!?
Won't get dropped on eve of finals but f*** me he's a shadow of what we all know he's capable of

I think he has been better than he was early in the year, he puts a lot of pressure on the opposition, but seems hesitant and has a lack of confidence with the ball.

I think he has been better than he was early in the year, he puts a lot of pressure on the opposition, but seems hesitant and has a lack of confidence with the ball.
Yeah, I think the confidence will return when he starts kicking goals rather than missing them. He's working extremely hard on the pressure part of his game but doesn't seem to trust his finishing in front of goal. It will only take one game, like for George against GCS, and then he will be the Rioli of 2017.

Epic game guys. We played some clinical footy in that first quarter but I knew you'd drag yourselves back into it. Great battle in the last but you handled it better and came away with the win. Hopefully we meet again in September.

2 best sides in the comp.
Injustice if both sides don't make the GF.
(May not happen pending results.)

They kicked 13.4 and were 8.1 at one stage. Every team can't miss against us.
I'd like to see them do that in September when theres 95k fans and 70k of them are Tigers.

We probably should have won by 4-5 goals in the end but we wasted our opportunities in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Nank and Cotch and maybe Stack still to come in as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They kicked 13.4 and were 8.1 at one stage. Every team can't miss against us.
I'd like to see them do that in September when theres 95k fans and 70k of them are Tigers.

We probably should have won by 4-5 goals in the end but we wasted our opportunities in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Nank and Cotch and maybe Stack still to come in as well.

Stack is gone for rest of season

We will beat them by just enough to ensure they finish above you and you have to go to the Gabbatoir.

You'll still beat them.

It was clear that you guys had a good breeze in the first quarter. To tell the wind direction at the G is if you’re sitting in the MCC area it’s the flags to the right that you look at. The ones to the left will almost always be in the opposite direction due to the nature of the wind currents created within the stadium. The kicks were going at least 15-20m longer. We also overused the ball in the first quarter and set up poorly at the CB which allowed you to walk in and get some easy goals .
In the second we over cooked our kicks with the wind and blew some simple opportunities and kept you guys in it for longer. I thought we were clearly the better side after quarter time and the scoreboard wasn’t a true indication of our win. I must admit you guys managed to find a way to stay in the game with some brilliant individual efforts from Ryan Gaff and a couple of others which made the game so wonderful as the skills executed by both sides in slippery conditions were marvellous and of high quality. The rematch if it eventuates will be of great interest to see what both sides learnt from the game and what changes they make to the game plan and team. Natanui will be a massive in and Soldo will need the forces of Nakkers to assist him as Hickey although good on the day is no Nicnat. We will also be aided by the services of Cotchin which should help greatly to our midfield forces as some of our younger lads could have done with his class and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back