• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 89 31.9%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a gutsy win! Reckon I s**t myself about 3 times in the last 10 mins in what was probably the match of the year.

Just had a look at the forecast for Sunday against the Bears. Looks like she’ll be raining again lol.

Starting to enjoy wet games. Slippery ball and mistakes galore but entertaining as hell.

Ill take the advantage in getting a win over the comfort of watching in sunshine.

Congratulations on the Win

By far your best asset was

THE UMPIRES with 2 critical goals.

I hope you flog brisbane next week

We will thump Hawthorn

and we will see you in 3 weeks in Perth

Lets see how much fun you have when you are FORCED outside of the MCG

You had 6 less scoring shots than us for the game haha On average that's around a 20 point margin.

Add the 2 Riewoldt goals stripped from the "rule of the week", the Soldo mark that wasn't paid, the Lynch mark that had the whistle mysteriously not blown and that adds another 24 points.

20+24 = 44 points. Ie The score absolutely flattered you lot.

Add our Brownlow medallist winning premiership captain back into the mix, first ruck oh and GOAT full back Rancey and you'll find you're a fair way off it.

Haha it's cute that you think you're close to our level but I suppose you can hope and pray another team gets lucky against us before we play you next.

You got the Richmond audit on the weekend and the results are in:

Found wanting.

Club needs to be on full alert for gastro in the coming weeks. Can't afford a repeat of last year.
I propose a quarantine, all players to live at the club until the end of September, with all meals specially prepared. Any players with any sickness are to be placed in a sealed chamber, being force fed antibiotics.

Interesting question Sol who are our bottom six and do or can we upgrade them?Cotchin and Nakkers replace two, but who?

Has got to be like for like as it is all system based. Can’t just be that the weakest link goes out.
Mind you Ross probably was that yesterday, so take him going out for Cotch to the bank.
As for other 4....dunno Short is coming good but give me another Vlaustin type any day of the week. Does he stand up in finals footy?
Rioli is most out of form for the small but who comes in...Butler? He makes Daniel look like Cyril. Stack, maybe, but he is no tackling machine either and probably better down back.
I don’t think it is about changing your bottom 6 I think it is about upgrading positions if they are there and suit the system.
Every team in any sport anywhere wants more from their bottom tier players. I think ours are as good as anyone’s.

Hopefully we can get 60K to the game on Sunday.

Its been reported that Grimes had no moon boot or crutches this morning when he arrived
Lot of Lions fans in Melb reckon 70-80k this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You had 6 less scoring shots than us for the game haha On average that's around a 20 point margin.

Add the 2 Riewoldt goals stripped from the "rule of the week", the Soldo mark that wasn't paid, the Lynch mark that had the whistle mysteriously not blown and that adds another 24 points.

20+24 = 44 points. Ie The score absolutely flattered you lot.

Add our Brownlow medallist winning premiership captain back into the mix, first ruck oh and GOAT full back Rancey and you'll find you're a fair way off it.

Haha it's cute that you think you're close to our level but I suppose you can hope and pray another team gets lucky against us before we play you next.

You got the Richmond audit on the weekend and the results are in:

Found wanting.
+ W Rioli's holding-the-ball that was instead awarded in-the-back in the last quarter resulting in a freebie goal.

The first quarter result had less to do with it being dry and WC being better in the dry than us than it did them just not letting us play our high pressure style. They ran harder and moved the ball suburbly in transition across half back to switch it. We simply weren't switched on enough. That changed after quarter time.

Our style stacks up in wet or dry conditions, that's the beauty of it, because it stacks up better in wet than most other sides styles of play.

Not worried about us meeting them again in the dry if we bring the heat. The second quarter was dry and we brought the heat and they crumbled. If not for horrible finishing (Lasagna trying a snap from 20m out slight angle. :drunk: ) and some disgusting umpiring we should have been 2-3 goals up at half time.

All this talk on the WC board and the main board of "WC would have won by 10 goals if it didn't rain" simply doesn't stand up to any logical scrutiny because the second quarter was dry.

WC did very well in the last quarter to match our pressure so therefore kept themselves in the game and almost pipped us.

The little extra fumbles that cost us a couple of times from the likes of Edwards and Rioli I'm convinced would have been gobbled up in the dry too so not worried at all. Was a great game from two very good sides.

Early forecast for Sunday next week is rain again but subject to change this far ahead.

Soldo was so strong in the last quarter, how do we fit Nankervis in?

I just don't think that Nank/Soldo is a viable ruck combo, but I'm also not sure that Chol is our best second ruck? Strange as it may seem I think Nank/Balta might actually be our best looking ruck combo. Balta just has more tricks than Chol and is so versatile.

Would be a ballsy move, but I've got trust in the selection panel whatever way they go.

Has got to be like for like as it is all system based. Can’t just be that the weakest link goes out.
Mind you Ross probably was that yesterday, so take him going out for Cotch to the bank.
As for other 4....dunno Short is coming good but give me another Vlaustin type any day of the week. Does he stand up in finals footy?
Rioli is most out of form for the small but who comes in...Butler? He makes Daniel look like Cyril. Stack, maybe, but he is no tackling machine either and probably better down back.
I don’t think it is about changing your bottom 6 I think it is about upgrading positions if they are there and suit the system.
Every team in any sport anywhere wants more from their bottom tier players. I think ours are as good as anyone’s.
I agree with some of your points there, but does it have to be like for like? I looked at the first half and in the dry conditions Caddy struggled anywhere outside our forward 50 bc off his lack of pace. That goal off him in the first where he started on the wing was embarrassing as he could hardly get out of the blocks whilst his opponent just waltzed away. He was much better in the wet, but do we play him on a dry day against his pace? I can see him comfortable against the aged and plodding Geelong team playing in the dry and probably against all the 5-8 teams except for the highly skilled and quick ball moving Dogs. Against the Eagles and Lions in the dry I would be concerned of him being exposed.
You more importantly mentioned who comes in for players if changes were to be made.
Rioli plays before Butler everyday and always.
Nakkers for Chol if fit.
Cotchin maybe for Caddy so at least Ross or Cotchin can even rotate on a wing. Otherwise KMac is the next best thing. I wouldn’t be bringing in anymore kids at this time of the year as
it could backfire. So the reality is there aren’t too many changes we can make. Pickett is miles off Short, much to the ignorance of some on here and Menadue has failed us too often at the top level. If Nakkers isn’t fit do we risk replacing Chol with CCJ ? I wouldn’t bc at least this combination is working effectively and we’re winning with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back