Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maurice Rioli

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Jack Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?
He was unvaccinated when he was in the rookie draft and it was widely reported as being a concern
seemed to work out ok?

I guess the Gold Coast picked up the phone and called him.

Would have been exceptionally easy too to add a clause that if he failed to get vaccinated as per the AFL regulations his contract was null & void.

seemed to work out ok?

I guess the Gold Coast picked up the phone and called him.

Would have been exceptionally easy too to add a clause that if he failed to get vaccinated as per the AFL regulations his contract was null & void.
Would of still cost a list spot that we might of earmarked on using one draft picks on and potentially left us with nothing at all

He was reported to be waiting for the novax so maybe the club didn’t want to risk him not being able to train during the pre season

We simply don’t have all the information and massive amounts of variables so it makes the whole exercise pointless

Will be referring to themselves in the third person next. Mark my words.

Someone's gotta defend my opinion here & unfotunately you all have purchased so many shares in each others arsehole space, you are unable to actually acknowledge when someone was right & had a very valid point. Plus everyone here is so desperate to keep the echo going, that you are writing post implying my intent & suggesting I didn't say things - that i clearly did.

I mean, all i did was spend 10 minutes searching my previous post and was able to say " EAD, this is EXACTLY what i said, when i said it". I have also gone to lengths to breakdown stats on all our games this season, make polls for other neutral supporters to pass on their unbiased feedback - i don't post here all the time but when i do, i dont * about.

And that there is the crux of it - for all the time so many of you spend here - far far far more time then I do, you are all mostly lazy AF. You actually spend no time looking over stats trying to breakdown why our defence is so porous despite, apparently, everyone playing well - you spend no time listening to other peoples intel if it possibly contradicts you or your mates previous opinions etc - you just want to engage in an echo chamber of ""look how smart we are!" without ever actually pulling out one feasible point of data or proof that re-confirms what you say. Then, when all else fails you just try to delegitimise my effort by denying thats what i said, imply my intentions & imply im a Narcissist.

The reality is, i am a sports fan who likes to deconstruct the game & figure out what is actually going wrong. Unfortunately AFL media no longer does this, so instead of bitching about it - i do it myself. Be it AFL or the NBA, i find breaking the game down to see it a bit deeper, be it on the field or off - a hell of a lot of fun. Far more fun than some horseshit like Supercoach etc

Last edited:
Would of still cost a list spot that we might of earmarked on using one draft picks on and potentially left us with nothing at all

He was reported to be waiting for the novax so maybe the club didn’t want to risk him not being able to train during the pre season

We simply don’t have all the information and massive amounts of variables so it makes the whole exercise pointless

we literally have zero information here mate. We might as well shut the place down if thats how you think this rolls.

Point is, i suggested he was a good option - got laughed and attacked, and the guy is 10th in the Coleman & 3rd for contestedI50 marks playing for a fairly mediocre team. Might be the bargain buy of the off-season - & i ******* called it. He was there & available for Gold Coast, pretty positive he was equally there for Richmond too, the biggest club in all the land.

Also said Naish would get picked up and if given time will thrive & even with his turnovers (which his whole team is bad at), that has turned out to be fairly true as well. Kid has done well for a team that he has been listed on for less than 2 weeks before the season started. Didn't even get a chance to play a practice match & here he is already playing more TOG at West Coast than he did for several years at Richmond. I defend him because i saw a kid that was working hard & improving at VFL level, not getting his chance & being bitch-slapped by ignorant supporters who refused to give him the credit he deserved. Everyone loves to talk about his Turnovers, but no one wants to mention he has more Pressure Acts & Meters Gained than Rioli, 2 stats that everyone seems to be leaning on most when claiming Dan deserves AA credit for...

Said the same thing about Peter Wright too for the same reaction, he is also 10th in the Coleman & playing good footy, turned out to be a decent move - although yes, his contract was troublesome.

Same with Tarrant. Said he was a decent flyer for 1 year if the window is still open - but to give him 2 when the window is quite clearly closed was a mistake.

The trend is here, anyone who talks against the echo of the loudest few - cop constant white noise. I have a lot of people that like what i say. Nearly every post i make gets a similar amount of likes than your own - which is no mean feat considering i am far less involved and interested in being "a guy" here & push harder than most to prove my point of "the loyalist are wrong". I write way more controversial s**t than the majority who are happy to echo each others opinions.

If you just want to sit around and sniff each others farts around here, go for it. But as someone else put it, I will sit around & smell my own. To be honest, any person who would rather spend their day sniffing another mans farts is a sorry sick *. Bigfooty has always had this same issue, but it has gotten worse for sure. Back in the early 2000's heated conversation was welcomed and challenged, it was a great place in reflection....

When i am wrong, i will come back and say "s**t, i was wrong". Just like i did with the Rance comeback thing. Till then, suck it up

Last edited:
Someone's gotta defend my opinion here & unfotunately you all have purchased so many shares in each others arsehole space, you are unable to actually acknowledge when someone has was right & had a very valid point. Plus everyone here is so desperate to keep the echo going, that you are writing post implying my intent & suggesting I didn't say things - that i clearly did.

I mean, all i did was spend 10 minutes searching my previous post and was able to say " EAD, this is EXACTLY what i said, when i said it". I have also gone to lengths to breakdown stats on all our games this season, make polls for other neutral supporters to pass on their unbiased feedback - i don't post here all the time but when i do, i dont fu** about.

And that there is the crux of it - for all the time so many of you spend here - far far far more time then I do, you are all mostly lazy AF. You actually spend no time looking over stats trying to breakdown why our defence is so porous despite, apparently, everyone playing well - you spend no time listening to other peoples intel if it possibly contradicts you or your mates previous opinions etc - you just want to engage in an echo chamber of ""look how smart we are!" without ever actually pulling out one feasible point of data or proof that re-confirms what you say. Then, when all else fails you just try to delegitimise my effort by denying thats what i said, imply my intentions & imply im a Narcissist.

The reality is, i am a sports fan who likes to deconstruct the game & figure out what is actually going wrong. Unfortunately AFL media no longer does this, so instead of bitching about it - i do it myself. Be it AFL or the NBA, i find breaking the game down to see it a bit deeper, be it on the field or off - a hell of a lot of fun. Far more fun than some horseshit like Supercoach etc
It’s all well and good but this is also a thread dedicated to the upcoming match, bumping old posts isn’t really going to help us look ahead to the game

If you want to create your own thread and discuss situations that didn’t occur go for it, but last time I checked Casboult isn’t available for us on the weekend so let’s stop derailing the thread

I like attending arvo games , I requested this
Me too. Much prefer to night games but in a world of manufactured rivalries this is top one or two and should be Friday night. Also the change from 2.10 to 1.45 start has annoyed the crap out of me since it came in just to satisfy broadcasters and their schedules. This is classic AFL kowtowing.

Working Jim Carrey GIF

I actually wouldn’t play Tarrant based off last night.

But you have to wonder, was he promised games as part of coming across? We might be forced to play him.

Don’t get me wrong he’s good but our defence looked just right last night. I’d only play Tarrant to cover any injury or if/when young Gibcus needs a rest.

Balta should never leave defence again.

Next week for me if Prestia is fit:

Out: RCD, Stack, MRJ

In: #4, Cotchin, Pickett

Gibcus, Balta, Broad
Vlastuin, Grimes, Baker
McIntosh, Cotchin, Pickett
Edwards, Riewoldt, Bolton
Castagna, Lynch, Lambert
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Soldo, Rioli, Graham, Short

Midfield of Cotchin, Dusty, Prestia, Bolton, Edwards, Short, Lambert, Graham, McIntosh, Pickett looks really solid.

MRJ is stiff after 3 goals and I wanna keep Stack but I still have faith in Edwards, and atm you still can’t stop Castagna.
I think Edwards is done sadly

If Levi Casboult WAS on our list, he wouldn’t have played on Friday night and he wouldn’t be picked for Saturday… end of 👍

edwards and george both still going better than jack graham at the moment, JG doin a lot of aimless running around and chasing blokes he's never gunna catch but not getting the pill or hitting the scoreboard. MRJ has kicked more goals caused more oppo turnovers in one game than graham has all season.
JG is another who rarely, if ever, gets dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balta's strength and genius is as a rebound defender.
He is particularly dangerous running out of defence.
He was instrumental in the 2020 Grand Final, when he repelled the Cats' channel down the line.

I have been saying this in the sheds thread, it’s time, but because he is indigenous they will nurse him to the 300, which is detrimental to the balance and the performance of the team, Hart, Bartlett Sheedy at al went when they were done. And whilst he is a three time premiership player those i mentioned had 4 or more.

to say it’s disrespectful to one of our legends is garbage

Edwards is struggling, but who do we have banging the door down to be better than him? He is averaging 14 touches with 4.4 SI at 80% DE.

Who improves the team to justify demoting an all-time great of the club. Ross? No. Aarts? No. Edwards was better than Stack on Friday night - but I’d retain both of them for Saturday.

Of course greats of the club who have been instrumental in delivering 3 x flags get a lot more grace than most others on the list, and as they should. However, if he doesn’t pick up his form by the bye I’d be happy to demote him to the VFL and/or sub.

I actually think he’s the perfect sub player. Can play in any position, and if he comes on when the game has slowed down and he is fresh he could be an excellent impact player. And Edwards playing sub and a youngster getting a full VFL game is better than the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bullshit, are we going to carry Trent Cotchin next year?

Aarts, Ross, Castagna and RCD have been getting games in 2022….. I don’t think Edwards is exactly keeping quality out of the team. I’m still taking Edwards in his current form over those 4 any day of the week.

Tarrant signing will haunt us a bit i think. 2 Years to a bloke we had no loyalty to when we retired Houli a year earlier than he would have liked. I'm not arguing against the Houli decision, just using it to underline how much worse it makes the Tarrant one if he isn't even in our best 22

So just to put a full-stop on this. Trade period was before draft so we had no idea we’d get Gibcus or that he’d be ready for AFL. You hand on heart would have happily entered 2022 with KPD stocks of:

Balta
Miller (1 game)
Biggy (0 games)

How’d we be looking if Balta got injured ?

So just to put a full-stop on this. Trade period was before draft so we had no idea we’d get Gibcus or that he’d be ready for AFL. You hand on heart would have happily entered 2022 with KPD stocks of:

Balta
Miller (1 game)
Biggy (0 games)

How’d we be looking if Balta got injured ?

On a side note norf fans saying they "won the trade" on the ccj thread

Hearing you say that doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm not sure i have read anything from you this year that would be considered critical of any decision the club has made over the past 12-24 months.

He has been average, certainly not 'good' - just average. Certainly not worthy on a 2 year investment of a 34 year old. The bar is being held ridiculously low. This is not a time when we should be allowing that thinking. Its what leads to middling results.

This week against Collingwood is make or break for our season. Big stage, chance to go 50/50 again with 2 games to follow against weaker opponents in Essendon & Hawthorn. If this team has any small chance of being a threat this season it should be 6-4 in 3 weeks.

If one thing 4 years of success taught me is, holding a very low bar on expectations is a curse

With Astbury’s retirement what would you have done with our list pre-draft? Tarrant was the best quality KPD that was available and he didn’t cost us any draft picks.

2-weeks from the draft You’ve got Balta, Miller and Biggy in the lead-up to a season you are probably hoping you’ll contend…..what would your strategy have been given a KPD that was ready to hold down a key post in the draft would have been a long shot. Let’s hear it.

There ya go, apparently its piss easy to find old threads -here are some tasty post where i suggested &/or replied to post giving me s**t suggesting Levi Casboult as a very unsexy option as a back up. How Chol's role as being the willing back up was underrated etc

And another one where i spoke about how moving your Full back to become a back up / 3rd tall forward is dumb as dog s**t.

Turns out, Levi Casboult is alright option for a back up, heh?

View attachment 1389442

View attachment 1389446

View attachment 1389449

Here is a good one where i say our 2022 chances are very slim & that Tarrant is only a 50/50 chance at best of being useful

View attachment 1389451

Another good one i wrote about feeling sick that people are enthused at Tarrant coming over, how the club should play hard to ensure we fist NTH (which we did despite many here saying it was impossible) & it feels wrong to sign him over Houli considering the loyalty (to be clear, i wanted neither as i clearly was on "rebuild, rebuild, rebuild").

View attachment 1389463

seriously you ******* campaigners should be paying me for this s**t, this is quality content.

Levi Casboult has had times in his career where he puts a few decent games together … he has just done that. Let’s revisit the Levi discussion in 8-weeks as he will be horrible yet again as he always reverts to.

There ya go, apparently its piss easy to find old threads -here are some tasty post where i suggested &/or replied to post giving me s**t suggesting Levi Casboult as a very unsexy option as a back up. How Chol's role as being the willing back up was underrated etc

And another one where i spoke about how moving your Full back to become a back up / 3rd tall forward is dumb as dog s**t.

Turns out, Levi Casboult is alright option for a back up, heh?

View attachment 1389442

View attachment 1389446

View attachment 1389449

Here is a good one where i say our 2022 chances are very slim & that Tarrant is only a 50/50 chance at best of being useful

View attachment 1389451

Another good one i wrote about feeling sick that people are enthused at Tarrant coming over, how the club should play hard to ensure we fist NTH (which we did despite many here saying it was impossible) & it feels wrong to sign him over Houli considering the loyalty (to be clear, i wanted neither as i clearly was on "rebuild, rebuild, rebuild").

View attachment 1389463

seriously you ******* campaigners should be paying me for this s**t, this is quality content.

Idk if you want Tarrant and casbolt.

Geelong vibes

Searching old threads is fun.

Found a post back in June when we were still looking like a top 4 fancy where if Astbury keeps declining Tarrant might be worth a look as a prospect on. ONE YEAR contract to keep our window open. This was clearly before the anus fell out of the club and the "rebuild, rebuild, rebuild" option was obviou

View attachment 1389498

And here is me 3 months later being concerned at offering Tarrant a 2 year contract.

View attachment 1389503

While our window was open, I was all for taking a flyer on Robbie as a 1 year prospect to keep the dream alive, but never 2. And that was on the premise that we were a legit challenger again. If the club seriously thought they were a legit challenger again, then you probably bring back Houli too.

I, clealry, have not thought we were a legit challenger again for quite some time. Had some moments in the pre-season where i got my hopes up, but after round 1 i saw the same problems.

Our only hope now of getting close to challenging is Dusty pulling out his HIGHEST level form & Prestia, Toby, Jack, Tom, Grimes staying very fit & strong form. If anyone can do it, its him - but not sure how likely it is.

Ok, and if Tarrant says I’ll come across for 2-years and not for 1-year you’d have gone into 2022 with KPD stocks of Balta, Miller and Biggy. This
is of course patently ridiculous. If Balta got injured and Miller and Biggy are not up to it our team would be a laughing stock.

IN : Dusty Cotch Pickett
OUT : RCD JG Ross

Assuming Prestia right to go - Dow if ok stays in

Want Stack to play another, Sheds gets one more before a spell if needed

Back