• Liam Baker

Votes: 101 57.7%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Lloyd says silly stuff at times but made a good observation on Freo.
They score four extra goals when Hogan and Taberner play in tandem.
Hogan lifts Taberner's work rate.
Hopefully, Vlaustin and Astbury play.
Menadue should be omitted.
Would like to see RCD debut on a half-back flank.
Butler should return if there are other injuries.
Good god, lucky we had Hogan and Taberner yesterday then.

You guys are a huge chance this wkend

Most disappointed I've been for a while. The lack of leaders really showed at what simply must be our most pathetic display in 2 years. You start to question what the "Richmond Way" is when you see a performance like that. Be unaccountable? Lazy? Passive? Dumb?

I can understand being beaten by talent with a few out but seriously....the lack of effort can't be ignored. As I said in the game day thread...when the opposition get a run on...why aren't the players throwing their bodies in and getting violent? There's nothing more frustrating as a supporter at the point in which you'd throw the bloody remote through the TV or jump the fence to get involved to show how someone who cares goes about it to see players just trotting around copping that s**t.

I'm not advocating anything outside of the rules but there's absolutely plenty of stuff that you can do to hurt the opposition legally and we do none of it.

Out: Everyone except for Nakervis and Stack who seem to be the only ones who give a crap.

Matthew Lloyd says silly stuff at times but made a good observation on Freo.
They score four extra goals when Hogan and Taberner play in tandem.
Hogan lifts Taberner's work rate.
Hopefully, Vlaustin and Astbury play.
Menadue should be omitted.
Would like to see RCD debut on a half-back flank.
Butler should return if there are other injuries.

Would like to see RCD debut sometime soon but it seems we are morphing into a team of half-back flankers. Probably the easiest position on the field to play.

Dont reckon Vlastiun will miss, his ankle appeared to be way less severe than Astbury's.

In: Astbury, Butler
Out: Menadue, Rioli (Inj)

We are a long way off..unfortunately we cannot even compete at the moment. No astbury/rance/cotchin/riewoldt and Martin out of form has killed us.
the worst part is, that the the rest of the team has no belief atm and aren't willing to stick tackles and put pressure on. They think we are still the team in 2017 with a few injuries...we are far from that and the reality is we won't even make the finals at this rate. We can't put away teams like we used to and struggle to beat mediocre sides. It's pretty embarassing.
When Cotchin, Rance and Riewodlt enter the twilight of their careers, we need others to step up. and take over. Ross and Stack seem legit but it doesn't seem we have any A+ stars emerging.
Until we create a new forward structure and kick to players on the lead, we will continue to lose or JUST win ugly.

The amount of times we just bomb it in the forward 50 is pathetic. We also do it off the half back line! It's not working and we need to work on our skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weak as p-i-double 5

Pretty disgusting watching what was once considered a great defence completely break down and unable to defend, or even idenfity, dangerously open patches of grass 20m out from goal.

Our kicking inside 50 is deplorable too. Watching Tom Lynch having to contend with kick after kick being placed on top of his head to the advantage of the three defenders around him makes me think that Shai Bolton needs to teach the group the concept of kicking to someone's advantage.

Sign Sydney Stack for 10 years right now.

When we are injury depleted it makes sense to gradually debut players and provides an element of surprise.
We have a number of defenders injured and RCD would play in defence for the time being.
Rance, Astbury, Vlaustin, Short, amongst others, have injury concerns.
But RCD is the type of mobile player who can move forwards over time, not just restricted to defence.

IN:TOWNSEND, NAISH, ASTBURY
OUT:ELLIS, VLASTUN(INJ), COSTAGNA

PLAY DUSTY HALF BACK
I reckon Nick will come up OK.
Dan will miss a few weeks I reckon.
IN: Astbury, Naish
OUT: Rioli (inj), Menadue

It's hilarious sometimes in here after a loss - everyone that wasn't rubbish last week is now rubbish.

It was a bad one - but with injuries generally and a couple in the 1st quarter we were due - and our record generally against dogs not great.

RCD i think would be to slow off HBF

Naish due in this week and they won't debut more than one.

Give Rioli a spell (body battered), Menadue has had enough chances.

Astbury and Naish in*

*assuming Vlas is alright to play

The game sheds went to CHB and choked off the switch.

I love the revision work on this board. It was the oppo moving away from their game plan, not us forcing them to change. Lol.
ha yep, but it was more than that, we had outrider players who wouldnt let their switch to the fat side of the ground also aided this.

Back