• Liam Baker

Votes: 101 57.7%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just checked,it was 2017,my memory hasn’t failed me quite yet.

We also had that massive loss against Adelaide away early in the season.

Take those 2 losses away and we had a nigh on perfect year,well we won the flag!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Richmond_Football_Club_season

we tanked on purpose against adelaide that year and the saints game was gastro

we were just straight up shite on the weekend, can't even blame gastro. can blame #tigshaveinjures i guess though

The ladder is relative anyway.
We are only one win from second position.
Last 7 H&A matches at the G.
I like the idea of mixing the height of RCD with the smaller Higgins in defence.
RCD mainly handpassed on the weekend so running with pace is not an issue.
He is learning the structures of the team.

It's been an unorthodox year with surprise results cancelling each other out and evening out the ladder spread.
We are one win from second position.
Cotchin and JR return and we should be on course to win the final four in a row at the G.
West Coast is a shadow of its former self.
My ideal scenario would be Geel and Coll in the top two, and we enter the top four.
Or finish fifth and host an interstate team.

Appreciate the post and effort.

But wtf do these stats even mean or show.
Humblest apologies I forgot to add the explanation this week. The midfield frequency stats are an overall summary of how often your players were starting as one of the 5 mids (inside and wings) for bounces during the game. They're principally done by myself for FTA games (so in the notes "analysed games" are a comparison to other Richmond FTA games I've reviewed either this season or overall). They'll be posted for the remainder of Richmond's FTA games (in Melbourne) for the season + any finals they play in.

So this week Brandon Ellis was your most frequently used mid, starting on the wing for 22 of the 24 bounces, with Prestia the most common inside mid. Compared to last week where Jack Ross started at the most bounces, being present for all bar 1 for the Melbourne game.

It's been an unorthodox year with surprise results cancelling each other out and evening out the ladder spread.
We are one win from second position.
Cotchin and JR return and we should be on course to win the final four in a row at the G.
West Coast is a shadow of its former self.
My ideal scenario would be Geel and Coll in the top two, and we enter the top four.
Or finish fifth and host an interstate team.
5th or 6th to avoid the possibility of the Lions at the GABBA.

Yes. Good comments.
Top four would be best with Geel and Coll at 1 and 2.
If we finish outside top four, we would play an interstate semi-final in week two, if interstate sides make up the top four and lose qualifying finals.
Anyway, it is a long season.
Top four must be the priority.

Would like to see Dusty dispose of the ball when he gets it. He can't burst away at the moment and the 'don't argue' is a complete bust - they just grab his arm. Actually don't know why it took 5 years to figure it out.

Very disappointing performance. The manner of our losses are a concern. The margins are big and our coaches seem to have no answer even though they've seen it all before.

I will assume the only injury is Rioli, and go with:

Out: Rioli, Menadue, two of: Ellis, Castagna, Higgins
In: Astbury, Naish, Soldo (Nank fwd), The egg.

If either Astbury or Vlas unavailable then Garth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see Dusty dispose of the ball when he gets it. He can't burst away at the moment and the 'don't argue' is a complete bust - they just grab his arm. Actually don't know why it took 5 years to figure it out.

Very disappointing performance. The manner of our losses are a concern. The margins are big and our coaches seem to have no answer even though they've seen it all before.

I will assume the only injury is Rioli, and go with:

Out: Rioli, Menadue, two of: Ellis, Castagna, Higgins
In: Astbury, Naish, Soldo (Nank fwd), The egg.

If either Astbury or Vlas unavailable then Garth
Why would you drop Ellis?

He's had three good and four shockers; solidified his spot and then reverted to where he's really at. Goes missing terribly in losses.
Four shockers? he'd be around 6-7 in the B&F at the moment. Even against the Dogs his output was down like all our players but he still went at 100%, no turnovers wth a few assists and involvement.

Last edited:
Four shockers? Lol, he'd be around 6-7 in the B&F at the moment. Even against the Dogs his output was down like all our players but he still went at 100%, no turnovers wth a few assists and involvement.
Young Ross got it 15 times as a mid and got high praise while 4 doggies mids got mid 30s touches as our mids in dusty, lambert, Prestia and Ross get torched.... Ellis gets 15 with 100% efficiency playing an ultra defensive role and gets put on the chopping block...... I don’t get get the dislike of Ellis.

Young Ross got it 15 times as a mid and got high praise while 4 doggies mids got mid 30s touches as our mids in dusty, lambert, Prestia and Ross get torched.... Ellis gets 15 with 100% efficiency playing an ultra defensive role and gets put on the chopping block...... I don’t get get the dislike of Ellis.

I Ross was quite good. Did most things right and far from our worst!!!

It was a collective disaster. It'll be harsh to point on individual players but some of them had shockers.....
Our game is based on pressure, if work rate drops 5-10%, teams blow us apart.......

There's no point going over the entrails of WB match.
It's done.
We reset and recalibrate, one win from second placed team.
Final 7 H&A matches at the G.
Astbury replaces Menadue of course.
Butler would replace Rioli if injured.
If Vlaustin is injured, would like to see RCD to debut on a HBF.

Back