Autopsy Roast vs Brisbane & Changes for Dreamtime game R11

Least worst 5 vs Brisbane

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hipwood has copped a week for his dangerous tackle on Vlastuin, yet no free was paid.

LOL :'(
You know what’s worse , the free was paid against Vlastuin , yet the club stays silent

So Hipwood gets a week for the dump tackle on Vlastuin but in the game the dumbass ump pays a free for holding the ball. And hipwood goaled for that free.

Vlastuin got a fine for the tummy punch to hipwood.
Apperently there were 100 bets in minutes before the incident

Nekminnit Nank does his PCL again, Balta forced to play ruck and gets injured then we’re down to Miller and Pickett and we get smashed more than we are at the moment.

FD got a lot to answer for. Pretty hard to understand how this list was left in this state.
FD was too busy championing causes

The whole Yze appointment has me worried and reminds me of the Bummers and Rutten's appointment as senior coach. You have a successful assistant coach who fails as a senior coach. How anyone can be satisfied that players are committed when they lose by massive margins must have low standards. I strongly suspect that he has lost the players for whatever reason, there are still sufficient premiership players out there to be competitive for at least most of the game. Possibly the hunger has gone for some of the senior players and if so, they should be moved on for their sake as well as ours.

Dynasties/premierships usually centre around 4 to 6 A grade young players being introduced at roughly the same time. In the 60s it was Bartlett, Hart, Bourke and some others. In our recent dynasty it was Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt and Martin. I don't see anything remotely resembling A grade in our youth, in fact I have real doubts that many of them will be there in 3 years. I had a pre-arranged meeting today so went to watch the VFL at Sandringham, left just after 3 quarter time. First time I can remember that both the Seniors and the VFL lose by over 100 points in the same round. I accept that there are injuries but that masks the lack of effort and an abominably low skill set of some of the younger players.

It's like we've been transported back to the dark old days and it's happened so fast.
We haven’t had access to the top end of the draft for 10 years hence no A grade talent. Even if we didn’t trade away picks for Taranto & hopper name the kids we could have potentially got? Maybe Jake soligo but certainly not Harley Reid…
We will now have access to the top talent and build again but finishing top 4 & with no one pumping out elite son’s this is the reality

You know what’s worse , the free was paid against Vlastuin , yet the club stays silent
didnt hipwood chin him as well in the argey bargey which prompted the gut punch? umps always let the first action go and punish the retaliator, what sort of message does that send? get in a cheapy cus if they defend themselves theyll get pinged!

The whole Yze appointment has me worried and reminds me of the Bummers and Rutten's appointment as senior coach. You have a successful assistant coach who fails as a senior coach. How anyone can be satisfied that players are committed when they lose by massive margins must have low standards. I strongly suspect that he has lost the players for whatever reason, there are still sufficient premiership players out there to be competitive for at least most of the game. Possibly the hunger has gone for some of the senior players and if so, they should be moved on for their sake as well as ours.

Dynasties/premierships usually centre around 4 to 6 A grade young players being introduced at roughly the same time. In the 60s it was Bartlett, Hart, Bourke and some others. In our recent dynasty it was Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt and Martin. I don't see anything remotely resembling A grade in our youth, in fact I have real doubts that many of them will be there in 3 years. I had a pre-arranged meeting today so went to watch the VFL at Sandringham, left just after 3 quarter time. First time I can remember that both the Seniors and the VFL lose by over 100 points in the same round. I accept that there are injuries but that masks the lack of effort and an abominably low skill set of some of the younger players.

It's like we've been transported back to the dark old days and it's happened so fast.

to be fair to Yze, your injury list is a complete shit show, dont recall a worse one in recent memory. You literally have 26 fit players in the entire list.

Not much any coach would be able to do about it.

Last edited:
didnt hipwood chin him as well in the argey bargey which prompted the gut punch? umps always let the first action go and punish the retaliator, what sort of message does that send? get in a cheapy cus if they defend themselves theyll get pinged!

one of my most hated things in the long list of dumb shit that umps do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Smith, Grimes, Baker
Out: McIntosh, Young, Mansell

fb- Broad, Grimes, Brown
hb- Vlastuin, Miller, Rioli
c- Ralphsmith, Baker, Pickett
hf- Martin, Balta, Short
ff- Green, Lefau, Cumberland
r- Nank, Prestia, Bolton
I/c: Smith, McAuliffe, Sonsie, Dow, Coulthard

Missed the start of the game, switched it on. Nothing to see here, so had a nice cuppa tea and snuggled with my lovely wife.

Did I miss anything?
Probably the milkman jumping out the bedroom window when he and the missus heard you switch the game off

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

to be fair to Yze, your injury list is a complete s**t show, dont recall a worse one in recent memory. You literally have 26 fit players in the entire list.

Not much any coach would be able to do about it.
The injury list is a significant factor but the lack of genuine effort particularly in the first quarter is evident. The last 2 games have been effectively over by quarter time. The body language is poor, they are not switched on and there's poor leadership on the ground. There is sufficient personnel and experience to be competitive for most of the game, I don't see the hunger and level of intent particularly the last 3 weeks. I sometimes watch replays from the last few years and there's a noticeable difference in vibe and body language. The unforced errors from both senior players and the younger players are hard to accept, it makes me wonder what they do at training. Not suggesting that Yze is sacked but we need to be legitimately concerned that this team is starting to break a lot of records and not ones that we want to break.

No-one is beyond scrutiny, need a deep dive into what has gone awry. Yze did not draft the current list but is he getting the best out of what he's got, and if not, why?

Back