ROB 2021 Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm amazed this has so few posts.
Congrats to RoB, great year. Imagine how good he'll get after another 2-3 years!
Was Laird's if he'd played mid earlier, but RoB/Laird quinella is good result.
Well done ROB. Was a backer of yours from the early days. Should have been in the team two years earlier than you were. Anyway cheers to a great season.
It was so clear to us that Sauce was cooked after 2017, certainly mid-2018 onwards. Gotta blame the Coaches for re-selecting him week after week, ahead of RoB.

Final Leaderboard – Top 10
Reilly O’Brien – 81
Rory Laird – 80
Luke Brown – 76
Matt Crouch – 72
Ben Keays – 65
Brodie Smith – 61
Shane McAdam – 56
Kyle Hartigan – 54
Tom Lynch – 53
Rory Sloane – 51

Brown highly rated by Coaches, 6 votes from the jacket. Surprised me.
Hartigan's 8th should see him get a contract, one would think. Kelly spoke highly of Harto and Dmac in his presser.

Also, 2 new players (Keays, McAdam) in Top 10. Toss-up between the two for my Fave Player status.

Last edited:
The coaches rated Walker poorly in all rounds he played.
They rate Murphy our best in round 1. Long time ago but I don't remember a game he stood out in.
Fischer McAsey had no love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final Leaderboard – Top 10
Reilly O’Brien – 81
Rory Laird – 80
Luke Brown – 76
Matt Crouch – 72
Ben Keays – 65
Brodie Smith – 61
Shane McAdam – 56
Kyle Hartigan – 54
Tom Lynch – 53
Rory Sloane – 51

Brown highly rated by Coaches, 6 votes from the jacket. Surprised me.
Hartigan's 8th should see him get a contract, one would think. Kelly spoke highly of Harto and Dmac in his presser.

Also, 2 new players (Keays, McAdam) in Top 10. Toss-up between the two for my Fave Player status.
Cannot believe Talia didn't make top 10. Perennially underrated externally as well as internally now.

To think he wasn't even picked for our last few games in 2019. :think:

Advertiser article is either written by one of our local revisionists or someone with NFI. To sum up;

Demanded selection with huge 2019 preseason, winning time trial - NOPE, SAUCE OWNED THE SPOT UNTIL INJURY. ROB WOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED A SINGLE GAME OTHERWISE.

Took Sauce's spot and basically kept it ever since - NOPE, DROPPED IN FAVOUR OF SAUCE AT THE FIRST REALISTIC OPPORTUNITY AND FINISHED THE YEAR A CLEAR SECOND FIDDLE.

Congratulations Reilly O'Brien on a great season and a well deserved win, and also a popular win amongst the members with the members MVP as well!

There were some encouraging/concerning outcomes though from the rest of the results, well done to Ben Keays to finish fifth, not sure how Luke Brown finished in front of him though, but Luke improved over the season after a very poor start, no doubt.

I was surprised at how close Rory Laird came to the overall win, he did however prove a revelation in the midfield, so congratulations there!

What happened to Brad Crouch? Passport already stamped?

Very surprised with Kyle Hartigan getting so many votes, Daniel Talia was our best key defender for the season.

I would have hoped the club could have recognised a younger player for the best team man award too, Tom Lynch although consistent, did not have the best of years and really would have liked us to perhaps give this to Tom Doedee even though he missed plenty with injury this award has a high off field component.

Cannot believe Talia didn't make top 10. Perennially underrated externally as well as internally now.
Good point.
i'd like to know how many votes/game Dmac got, Talia too, also Hamill (before injury), Kelly, Himmelberg --- is there some kind of player list summary?

Congratulations ROB ... Very Well Deserved !!

Now work on your goal kicking so you can be an absolute weapon resting deep forward occasionally next season and beyond !!

but Luke improved over the season after a very poor start, no doubt.
He was the best player for most of the first few rounds and probably should have won had the coaching staff not decided on some sort of weird "Nobody gets more than 5 votes" punishment in the games where the backline was the only thing preventing 100+ point thrashings.

He wasn’t anywhere near his best this year, generally gets a free pass because of his defending.
Agree he wasn’t at his best, carrying a niggle or two, but still comfortably in our best 10 players this year

I'm amazed this has so few posts.
Congrats to RoB, great year. Imagine how good he'll get after another 2-3 years!
Was Laird's if he'd played mid earlier, but RoB/Laird quinella is good result.

It was so clear to us that Sauce was cooked after 2017, certainly mid-2018 onwards. Gotta blame the Coaches for re-selecting him week after week, ahead of RoB.
I just saw this thread & this is a good example of how most AFL supporters don't truly understand the game they watch.
So many Crows supporters bagged O'Brien when he was in the SANFL even though any numpty could see the progression. He is a bloody good ruckman who will only get better.

Now the same numpties are questioning first year players like McAsey & Worrell !!!! Worrell hasn't even had a game yet & nobody has seen him in the SANFL for obvious reasons. McAsey will develop I have no doubt, but the ignorant so-called supporters will want him to be as brilliant as Talia immediately - at 19 years of age for heaven's sake!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back