List Mgmt. ROB Confirmed for another 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have thought an experienced midfielder is #1 priority... but let's reassess during the season.
I actually believe our ruck work lets us down, just look at the two crucial games we lost last year - Jacobs vs Giles and Jacobs vs Nankervis. I think our midfield is better than a lot of critic say.

We generate a lot of our goals from the half back line and run the ball down. When the ball goes back in the centre we are particularly vulnerable, especially against Sydney and Western Bulldogs and WCE.

If we don't get first hands after the ruck contest, our mids look worse than they actually are IMO

Grundy has the advantage of ROB simply because he is playing AFL, Give ROB a few games and he could be better.
But this year I think we will see a better Jacobs more so due the 3rd man up rule.

I hope so. Grundy always had hype, I'm not sure ROB is held in as high regard.

This is an excellent move by the Crows.

He is ready to step up if required in the next 2 years. If not, we can get something for him in a trade.

Good signing. We certainly need some back up in the ruck. I'm still not convinced with him yet but hey we've got nobody else coming through have we. Sauce is a massive worry for me more so than our lack luster MF. If he goes down we could be in for a world of pain. Good luck for O'Brien though I hope he continues to improve.
Somebody please teach him how to kick though..... Geeez!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I like about him is that he is hard at the contest and can take a pack mark.
It would be interesting to see how tall he is now. He has grown a bit since being recruited.
Good luck to the lad, he has some great tools for a ruckman
Funny how that film clip showed him slotting a couple of goals :)

I would wait on that, a couple of very good talls coming thru next year and a few possible 200 plus mobile rucks in the academy squad again coming into the game in the next few years. And Himmelberg has not stopped growing, yes they are future prospects but at this time the Crows seem set with Jacobs and ROB Does Grundy offer more than Jacobs and ROB to the Crows

Are you talking about Brodie Grundy. The one at Collingwood, that one?

I don't mind it. Don't think it precludes us from taking another ruck (a more modern day one) in the draft going forward, but keeps up our depth in the short term should something happen to Sauce.

What is a modern Ruckman? Does he have bionic arms and legs?

He is not AFL ready quite yet.

Next year he will just about be there.

I can see him being quite a good tap Ruckman and he us more than handy around the ground, when he does not need to kick lol.

Yes he is no athletic ruckman, but good big guys usually win out against smaller athletic guys over a game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back