Injury Robbie Gray out for a month

Remove this Banner Ad

Never thought I'd say it, but he's been just about our worst player so far this year.

A rest might do him and us good.

Hopefully he comes back on schedule and hits some form.

We’ll miss him more than people think. Opens the door that our reserves have been nearly knocking down though, hopefully whoever gets a chance steps up. It’s going to be a pretty tough game for them!

Trengove 31d 8 tackles 8 marks

Atley 30d 4 tackles 3 marks

Amon 22d 9 marks

Farrell 18d 7 marks

Would have been nice for him to get a week or two to freshen up, a four weeker isn't at all ideal, but hopefully he comes back ready to dominate in the second half of the year. Good opportunity for some guys in good SANFL form to step up.

I wonder when in the match it happened. Might explain some of the uncharacteristic fumbles and passing off that set shot. Hope he recovers well and is able to come back in good form. He's a joy to watch when he's fit and firing.

I wonder when in the match it happened. Might explain some of the uncharacteristic fumbles and passing off that set shot. Hope he recovers well and is able to come back in good form. He's a joy to watch when he's fit and firing.

First quarter so certainly may explain it.
Tough of him to play the game out.

I think the break will do him good. He can still run and keep his fitness up. Give him some time with the family and things outside footy, reinvigorate him for the second half of the season.

Also gives the guys in the twos a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing to remember about Robbie is regardless of his actual form this season, he carries an aura and creates fear in opposition coaches and defences that allows players like Rozee and Frodo to play more freely.

Bring in Farrell as a replacement.
Yeah Robbie has struggled all year to live up to his standards. Pretty sure GremioPower wrote that he hasn't received even 1 vote from Big Footy posters in the 6 games MVP voting this year, but the oppo are paranoid about him and it means the best smaller defender (although sometimes he stands a bloke 8-10cm and 10-15kgs bigger than him) gets the job on him and has meant Rozee, Sam and Ebo have had weaker opponents so far this year.

Langdon did a very good job on him at the MCG Rd 22 last year, especially after 1/4 time. I remember reading after the game, about how worried he was before the game, when he was told mid week he had to guard Robbie. Will be interesting to see if Langdon goes to Rozee on Friday night.

One thing to remember about Robbie is regardless of his actual form this season, he carries an aura and creates fear in opposition coaches and defences that allows players like Rozee and Frodo to play more freely.

Bring in Farrell as a replacement.

Farrell doesn't have an aura and certainly wouldn't create fear in opposition coaches and defences that allow Rozee and Sam Gray to play more freely. He's got no reputation at all.

The last time Farrell played well, Dixon and Robbie were in the team. His form against Collingwood last year (when Dixon was out) was 6 disposals, 1 mark, 1 behind, 1 inside 50 and 2 tackles. No one is going to be scared of him.

If you're looking for an aura, you're better off bringing in Motlop and plonking him up forward in Gray's position.

That's why I'm on board the Frampton train. No matter what, a strong tall forward has to be respected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back