Traded Robbie Tarrant [traded to Richmond for CCJ + other stuff]

Remove this Banner Ad

NORTH Melbourne veteran Robbie Tarrant has told the Roos he wants to leave and chase a premiership at Richmond.

As revealed by AFL.com.au on Friday, the Tigers have offered the 32-year-old a two-year deal to join from next season.

Tarrant will be free to walk to the Tigers from October 1 given he qualifies as an unrestricted free agent.

The Roos initially tabled their former vice-captain a one-year deal before upping the offer to two years in recent days.

However, that delay allowed Tarrant to consider a move to another club for the first time in his career which he settled on Saturday morning.

Would love Tarrant at the dogs. We could potentially give away pick 12 to facilitate 2 Metre Peter getting to Arden Street in exchange for Tarrant and late picks for points (academy pick). How would North fans feel about that? Probably represents far better value than a pick in the 30s or 40s for a great clubman which you would understandably baulk at.

Would be perfect for us for a couple of years in a role we desperately need. We also would’ve won on the weekend having a competent tall defender and not allowing the Saints to have 20 contested marks.

He wouldn’t be worth much given his age and North’s rebuild plan? Maybe pick 49? Josh Schache & Bailey Dale could be up for grabs. If he does want to leave I’d imagine North would complete a goodwill trade to get him to where he wants to be.
Pick 49 :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Brian Lake along with pick 27, was traded for picks 21 and 41. Tarrant is a year older than Lake and not as good. I’m not sure what you expect for a player who will practically be 32 at the start of next season. He may only have a year or two of quality football remaining.

Brian Lake along with pick 27, was traded for picks 21 and 41. Tarrant is a year older than Lake and not as good. I’m not sure what you expect for a player who will practically be 32 at the start of next season. He may only have a year or two of quality football remaining.

We don't expect anything. It would not be worth completing a trade because his value and importance as a player is far beyond what he would get in return.

The only way I would trade away Tarrant to the Dogs is if some picks are thrown in there like 25, 23 and pick 57 and North can get pick 12 otherwise we won't be able to get good enough compensation for him imo because he is too old.

The only way I would trade away Tarrant to the Dogs is if some picks are thrown in there like 25, 23 and pick 57 and North can get pick 12 otherwise we won't be able to get good enough compensation for him imo because he is too old.

Lol.

So we give you a big points surplus AND Robbie Tarrant?

Where do we sign?

Lol.

So we give you a big points surplus AND Robbie Tarrant?

Where do we sign?
It was a bad proposal on my part I'll admit (probably better if we ask for Dog's future-second rounder or something else) but I don't think point surpluses matter in this trade period and it'll be better to have higher picks this year.

Last edited:
It was a bad proposal on my part I'll admit (probably better if we ask for Dog's future-second rounder or something else) but I don't think point surpluses matter in this trade period and it'll be better to have higher picks this year.

Point surpluses are absolutely critical for the WB so they don’t go into deficit.

Point surpluses are absolutely critical for the WB so they don’t go into deficit.
That's why I proposed a trade which would give them a surplus, when I was referring to clubs wanting higher picks over points it was directed to those who didn't have NGAs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really a fan but I hear the Tigers are interested. Looks too slow when he can get I’m on the field and not going to get better at 32.

Not really a fan but I hear the Tigers are interested. Looks too slow when he can get I’m on the field and not going to get better at 32.
Should be ok with a full pre-season - had a lump removed from his kidney in Jan or Feb. Would prefer to keep him but it would make sense for him to chase some success for a couple years. Couldn't begrudge him moving.

Should be ok with a full pre-season - had a lump removed from his kidney in Jan or Feb. Would prefer to keep him but it would make sense for him to chase some success for a couple years. Couldn't begrudge him moving.
Scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one IMO. Although probably offers slightly more than Garthwaite.

Think i would prefer Talia just based on age, I reckon it would be one or the other but who knows, hopefully both and balta can play as a swingman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back