Traded Robbie Tarrant [traded to Richmond for CCJ + other stuff]

Remove this Banner Ad

NORTH Melbourne veteran Robbie Tarrant has told the Roos he wants to leave and chase a premiership at Richmond.

As revealed by AFL.com.au on Friday, the Tigers have offered the 32-year-old a two-year deal to join from next season.

Tarrant will be free to walk to the Tigers from October 1 given he qualifies as an unrestricted free agent.

The Roos initially tabled their former vice-captain a one-year deal before upping the offer to two years in recent days.

However, that delay allowed Tarrant to consider a move to another club for the first time in his career which he settled on Saturday morning.

I think the tigers would give you a late pick to take garthwaite off our hands. I’m hoping he gets delisted, saw enough of him this year to realise he’s not up to afl standard.
Garthy drops the ball with both hands like an auskicker, no where near afl standard surprised he has even been on our list for so long

So far we're the only two clubs that have been linked to Talia, so if we're taking Tarrant you might be able to get him for whatever you want! At a guess I'd say he'd probably want two years though.

Im not against getting Talia (particuarly if henderson retires) but id prefer it was only a 1 year deal. Will probably be 2.

Both Chol and Tarrant compo’s aren’t going to be significant enough to not basically, cancel each other out. Slight chance at a band 5 pick to Richmond based on 4 year deal for Chol to 2 for Tarrant.
NM have zero incentive, at this time in proceedings, to do any trade for Tarrant. He’s a free hit as an UFA and CCJ could also be a freebie as pick one in the PSD.

It’s really at NM’s discretion what they do with both these guys, knowing full well, they can get CCJ for nada and get a compo pick for Tarrant. Richmond is at their mercy.
Yeah let’s see how it plays out.

Garthy drops the ball with both hands like an auskicker, no where near afl standard surprised he has even been on our list for so long
His kicking is the least of his worries, gets pushed aside far too easily, body positioning is terrible snd skills ordinary. Probably a nice fella but shouldn’t be playing.

Odd decision, but if his body holds up and Richmond bounce back then it's solid risk.

Even if he doesn't, Tigers have a great club man, and a lot of experience for the youth there.

Don't like losing clubmen like Taz, but deserves a sneaky chance at a flag and security.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd decision, but if his body holds up and Richmond bounce back then it's solid risk.

Even if he doesn't, Tigers have a great club man, and a lot of experience for the youth there.

Don't like losing clubmen like Taz, but deserves a sneaky chance at a flag and security.
It's not really a risk though, is it?

Astbury retired after we offered him a new deal.

We get Tarrant for nix. If there was a cost involved pick wise, sure, there's risk. But if it's 4th rounder or after, or free, well it's just a free swing.

I get not wanting to lose him, and I sense with CCj etc looking like a thing, it will be respectful between both clubs.

Looking forward to seeing how the Tiger supporters rate him during the season. I really think he will surprise them with how good he is.
I've always rated him.

I just didn't rate him quite the equal of Rance. But has he been consistently in the upper echelon of KPD for the last 6-7 years? Abso-bloody-lutely he has.

I've always rated him.

I just didn't rate him quite the equal of Rance. But has he been consistently in the upper echelon of KPD for the last 6-7 years? Abso-bloody-lutely he has.
100% agree. Rance is in the top 3 backmen in the AFL times and has claims as the best. What Taz is super consistent at a great level playing on the number 1 forward.

It's not really a risk though, is it?

Astbury retired after we offered him a new deal.

We get Tarrant for nix. If there was a cost involved pick wise, sure, there's risk. But if it's 4th rounder or after, or free, well it's just a free swing.

I get not wanting to lose him, and I sense with CCj etc looking like a thing, it will be respectful between both clubs.

Risk in the list management sense. I think you guys with a quick refresh can be bounce back to be a consistent top 4 side for a while, didn't think next year would be the year though?

Risk in the list management sense. I think you guys with a quick refresh can be bounce back to be a consistent top 4 side for a while, didn't think next year would be the year though?

I dunno about that 2022 seems very likely Cotchin and Riewoldt's last season, which I think is a good reason why the Tiges will hit this draft hard with kids.

It's whom they pick up with those picks will probably make or break the Tigers medium future window at a flag imo.

Bit of pressure on Blair Hartley or whoever Richmond's list manager is these days.

I dunno about that 2022 seems very likely Cotchin and Riewoldt's last season, which I think is a good reason why the Tiges will hit this draft hard with kids.

It's whom they pick up with those picks will probably make or break the Tigers medium future window at a flag imo.

Bit of pressure on Blair Hartley or whoever Richmond's list manager is these days.
Agree. Blair put together a list that has delivered 3 flags. No wonder Carlton are sniffing around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back