Robbie Tarrant

Remove this Banner Ad

So we're writing off three young talls who had serious injuries in their first years and barely played, then had a development year, and played good AFL footy in what was effectively their 2nd years. You clearly haven't seen them play haha

You guys need to take the blindfold off your other eye. I'll concede that they may end up being serviceable players, but Jake Lever and Harris Andrews are examples of young defenders who I'd say are "tracking well". My main point was that trading Tarrant, with Thompson cooked, exposes those guys, and they don't look much chop; in turn that takes you from a bottom 4 struggler who looks okay on your day, to 18th basketcase territory. But that's just an unbiased view from a guy on the internet.

Agree, I'd actually give more than that where Adelaide supporters are looking for a first and good player for Lever. North would be mad to trade him though: Durdin, Nielson and EVW are rubbish. "They're only young" they say, but they're actually 21 and been on the list for 3 years already.
Neilson rubbish?

Oh dear, please speak to your nurse and get your meds refilled.

Neilson rubbish?

Oh dear, please speak to your nurse and get your meds refilled.

I must admit I wouldn't have watched as many North games as you. However, as my second favourite team, I do take quite an interest in them and my memories of Nielson are that he was okay on an injured and disinterested Jack Watts, got 4 goals kicked on him in a final quarter by Cale Hooker, was horrible against Collingwood and knocked out in round 22. I also saw him play for Werribee against Casey late last year and he (and his teammates to be fair) was destroyed by Casey so...

Tracking as well as Hansen, Delaney or Joel Tippett? I seem to remember North supporters rating those guys very highly as well. From an unbiased viewpoint, they're all miles behind Oscar McDonald, but we should probably revisit this in a couple of years.

I must admit I wouldn't have watched as many North games as you. However, as my second favourite team, I do take quite an interest in them and my memories of Nielson are that he was okay on an injured and disinterested Jack Watts, got 4 goals kicked on him in a final quarter by Cale Hooker, was horrible against Collingwood and knocked out in round 22. I also saw him play for Werribee against Casey late last year and he (and his teammates to be fair) was destroyed by Casey so...

Tippett and Delaney were both rookies

Durdin and Nielson are top 25 picks...... EVW is another reasonably high draft pick.

Apples and oranges.

Nielson is the best young key back I've seen in over 20 years at North.

He did his ACL in his first year and had a tough year last year, was absolutely dominant in the VFL at the start of this year, bit of a late bloomer.

Not too many young key backs that play on someone like Hooker and then Robbie Gray in their first 4 games.

Hooker got a hold of him for 15 minutes, people forget he was being given WOG for the first 3 qtrs.

Physically he's an absolute animal, along with Simpkin and Preuss, he'd probably one of the most untouchable players on the list in my view.

As for EVW and Durdin, they've both had multiple shoulder reco's in their first 2/3 years, so nice injury trolling of young players.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Weideman

His 7 games must have had a real impact on your to write him off.

Did he root your missus or something? Seriously embarrassing comments on your behalf.

Im spewing we won tplay melbourne twice next year, cant pencil in 8 points, will have to settle for 4

Norths defence is set for the next decade.

Same for the ruck.

FF should be good for about 8 years.

Tippett and Delaney were both rookies

Durdin and Nielson are top 25 picks...... EVW is another reasonably high draft pick.

Apples and oranges.

Nielson is the best young key back I've seen in over 20 years at North.

He did his ACL in his first year and had a tough year last year, was absolutely dominant in the VFL at the start of this year, bit of a late bloomer.

Not too many young key backs that play on someone like Hooker and then Robbie Gray in their first 4 games.

Hooker got a hold of him for 15 minutes, people forget he was being given WOG for the first 3 qtrs.

Physically he's an absolute animal, along with Simpkin and Preuss, he'd probably one of the most untouchable players on the list in my view.

As for EVW and Durdin, they've both had multiple shoulder reco's in their first 2/3 years, so nice injury trolling of young players.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Weideman

Look, no one wants to believe this more than me, but I just don't see it. I guess we'll just have to agree that he might have something to offer, while the other two really aren't much chop, okay? Anyway, time to stop derailing this thread talking about the deficiencies of the Kanga's backline.

Weideman needs to be locked in the gym all summer and given the choice of doing weights or eating lasagna, or he gets an electric shock to his nuts.

His 7 games must have had a real impact on your to write him off.

Did he root your missus or something? Seriously embarrassing comments on your behalf.

Im spewing we won tplay melbourne twice next year, cant pencil in 8 points, will have to settle for 4

Why are you guys so salty? My point was that Tarrant is good player! And further that things are looking pretty grim if you give away one of your two good players.

Look, no one wants to believe this more than me, but I just don't see it. I guess we'll just have to agree that he might have something to offer, while the other two really aren't much chop, okay? Anyway, time to stop derailing this thread talking about the deficiencies of the Kanga's backline.

Weideman needs to be locked in the gym all summer and given the choice of doing weights or eating lasagna, or he gets an electric shock to his nuts.

Why are you guys so salty? My point was that Tarrant is good player! And further that things are looking pretty grim if you give away one of your two good players.

On behalf of the NMFC I would like to thank you for your enlightening critique, especially considering the MFC forward line is in such dire need of your attention. Very gracious indeed.

It's amazing that such a rubbish defence managed to keep the MFC forward line to a measly 10 goals.

You guys need to take the blindfold off your other eye. I'll concede that they may end up being serviceable players, but Jake Lever and Harris Andrews are examples of young defenders who I'd say are "tracking well". My main point was that trading Tarrant, with Thompson cooked, exposes those guys, and they don't look much chop; in turn that takes you from a bottom 4 struggler who looks okay on your day, to 18th basketcase territory. But that's just an unbiased view from a guy on the internet.

Thompson cooked?

He's certainly no AA-standard but he's one of the few best 22 blokes who can hold their heads high for us this year.

Thompson cooked?

He's certainly no AA-standard but he's one of the few best 22 blokes who can hold their heads high for us this year.

Thompson now? :rolleyes:

I think you North supporters need to ask yourselves a question: Did we just win 22 games this year and the last 7 premierships?

I mean, apparently all of your players are guns, future guns or would at least walk into any other 22 in the competition, right?

Sometimes you have to take the blinkers off... or you end up rotting in the bottom 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thompson now? :rolleyes:

I think you North supporters need to ask yourselves a question: Did we just win 22 games this year and the last 7 premierships?

I mean, apparently all of your players are guns, future guns or would at least walk into any other 22 in the competition, right?

Sometimes you have to take the blinkers off... or you end up rotting in the bottom 4.

Its just that time of the year where people venture away from team boards and dont understand why everyone doesn't view their players the same way.

I wouldn't worry too much. But i would say your partially to blame for continuing to have an opinion with people who are obviously incapable of listening to anyone elses.

For those north fans who are about to disagree with me even though i said nothing about any of your players, i will say this.

I rate nielson and evw. Not sold on durdin just yet but haven't payed much attention to watching him.

I would definitely entertain trading tarrant if the option was there. Bottom 3 finish next year is an enviable position draftwise as it currently stands

Its just that time of the year where people venture away from team boards and dont understand why everyone doesn't view their players the same way.

I wouldn't worry too much. But i would say your partially to blame for continuing to have an opinion with people who are obviously incapable of listening to anyone elses.

For those north fans who are about to disagree with me even though i said nothing about any of your players, i will say this.

I rate nielson and evw. Not sold on durdin just yet but haven't payed much attention to watching him.

I would definitely entertain trading tarrant if the option was there. Bottom 3 finish next year is an enviable position draftwise as it currently stands

I hear ya: trade out the good players and keep the battlers to ensure you get a top 3 pick in next year's superdraft. Yeah, nah Nielson is good.

uR9IDF.gif

Durdin has by far the most talent of the 3, but whether he will realise it is still to be seen. His speed, agility and skills are incredible for a guy of his height, and his marking has come a long way this year, but he does struggle to consistently impact the game and seems to have patches where he loses concentration and drifts out of the contest. He has the tools and talent to be a genuinely elite player however, and given his progress this year at 21 with only 2 years of development behind him you'd be stupid to write him off.

Durdin has by far the most talent of the 3, but whether he will realise it is still to be seen. His speed, agility and skills are incredible for a guy of his height, and his marking has come a long way this year, but he does struggle to consistently impact the game and seems to have patches where he loses concentration and drifts out of the contest. He has the tools and talent to be a genuinely elite player however, and given his progress this year at 21 with only 2 years of development behind him you'd be stupid to write him off.
Cheers.

Be interesting to see how he goes

Wouldn't do it but

Lever to melb
Tarrant to adel with north 2nd 2018
Melb 2017 and 18 to north

Remove this Banner Ad

Back